Are guests still able to ride in the monorail cockpits?

mrtoad

Original Poster
I looked and could not find anything on this. After the horrible accident that happened a few months ago, did they discontinue allowing guests to ride in the cockpits of the monorails? We never mentioned to our daughter about the crash and she loves riding in the front so want to prepare her if they no longer do it.

Thanks!

Andrew54

That stinks...Cant say I blame them though. It would have really complicated things if a guest had been riding in the monorail during the accident.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Thanks that is sad but I totally understand the decision. As mentioned, if a guest(s) had been in that cockpit, the thought is too much to bear. That is not to take away from what happened, it is beyond awful, but had there been guests in there as well it would have been much worse.

I am glad I have this many times in the past and will miss it but understand it all the same.

TakeMeThere81

We were just there weekend after last and we tried...but it was a no go:brick:

Such a bummer, but we have done it several times thanks to my monorail-crazed 6-year-old.

fosse76

This week's Sentinel article seemed to strongly imply that this particular change was one mandated by the feds.

My problem with disallowing guests in the cab ever again is that it is unecessary. This was a completely preventable accidented, caused by human error. However, as such, one can argue that guests distract the monorail pilot, and as the accident has shown, the pilots need to really pay attention to what they are doing. But I digress.

EPCOTPluto

My problem with disallowing guests in the cab ever again is that it is unecessary. This was a completely preventable accidented, caused by human error. However, as such, one can argue that guests distract the monorail pilot, and as the accident has shown, the pilots need to really pay attention to what they are doing. But I digress.
Agree.

Plus, it occurred around 2am, when there really was not that may people on board.... :shrug:

MKCP 1985

only there were no guests in either cab, so that argument doesn't really fly.

it could just as easily be argued that in over one million monorail rides with guests in the cockpit, there were no such accidents, so guest attendance should be mandatory.

I know - a silly argument.

It is too much to hope that common sense would prevail. With a little more in-service training and safety emphasis, another 37 years of fatality-free monorail train cabin rides could be enjoyed by the masses.

my problem with disallowing guests in the cab ever again is that it is unecessary. This was a completely preventable accidented, caused by human error. However, as such, one can argue that guests distract the monorail pilot, and as the accident has shown, the pilots need to really pay attention to what they are doing. But i digress.

mte.

Joalovar

At least we captured our last ride in the front with a HD camcorder this past february.

My 4 year toddler loves monorails and watch this video too often. I never knew that this was our last time riding in the front. We recorded two trips, the first from TTC to Epcot and the second from TTC-MK-TTC (roundtrip).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom