Anyone win anything yet?

Rob562

I've faithfully entered every day by mail. 4 times a day, one for each family member. I think I read they do the drawings for all mail entries in a month at one time. So October prizes wouldn't arrive until middle of November I'm guessing! We'll see, I've got my fingers crossed!

The rules say that the drawings for mail-in entries are done on or around the 20th of each month for the *preceeding* calendar month. As October is the first month of the contest, the first drawing will be 11/20. So late-November/early-December should be the first round of mail-in winners.
(I, too, have mailed in one entry every day, with only this past Saturday being an exception. Oops...)

-Rob

Disneyfalcon

The rules say that the drawings for mail-in entries are done on or around the 20th of each month for the *preceeding* calendar month. As October is the first month of the contest, the first drawing will be 11/20. So late-November/early-December should be the first round of mail-in winners.
(I, too, have mailed in one entry every day, with only this past Saturday being an exception. Oops...)

-Rob

Thanks Rob! I guess I'll have to wait a few more days for my prizes!!:wave:

disnyfan89

Did you happen to listen in on a radio scanner or something to win these? I thought I heard that Dream Squad members are notified by radio where to go when. If this is the case, a person with a radio scanner could listen in and go where they need to go to win.
I am friends with a few Dream Squad members and they do not receive orders by radio. They are given a cell phone. When it is time to give out a prize they receive a text message informing them of the location five minutes prior to the give out. They don't know what they are giving out or exactly where it will be until moments before when the prizes are delivered.

nibblesandbits

I am friends with a few Dream Squad members and they do not receive orders by radio. They are given a cell phone. When it is time to give out a prize they receive a text message informing them of the location five minutes prior to the give out. They don't know what they are giving out or exactly where it will be until moments before when the prizes are delivered.
text messaging the Dream squad members is actually probably a pretty smart idea. Didn't think of that as an option.

dvitali

One Question that I have is a family or a couple have a better chance of winning something than a single person? I was planning to travel WDW in Jannuary by myself like I did before. I like to enjoy the ride and shows some adult would like going to and on not on any small children rides. Last year I have the trouble of getting the attention of those Photopass photographer to take my picture because I was traveling by myself and wondering if the same would happen if a dream patrol member saw a single guy walking by.

DisneySaint

Trust me - it's not just Dream Squad that's doing this stuff. Nearly every attraction or other location in the parks is doing their own one way or another. I do 2-3 a day personally and I'm nowhere close to being on the dream squad. :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
And again - the Magic Moments are something CMs were supposed to have been doing all along wether or not it was the Year of a Million Dreams.

Those are not prizes, and getting the CMs even thinking that they are is wrong. There are to be 1 million+ actual tangible per-the-rules prizes awarded during this celebration by the Dream Squad.

If those prizes are not awarded, Disney faces legal repurcussions. I want to know where they stand on distribution of prizes, because they had to be handing out several thousand a day with fairly small Dream Squads.

The Magic Moments are NOT the official prizes which must be given away.

Confusing the matter further because you feel its magical and it gives you warm fuzzy feelings does not make the psuedo-prize won or gave out an actual prize in the year of a million dreams.

In fact, i'd venture a guess to say this was Disney's plan in bolstering the Magic Moment program to confuse the matter, so that the general public would think they won something when a CM was doing the job they were supposed to have been doing for the last several years. It would help level out the complaints that most park guests don't win anything.

lwalker8

One Question that I have is a family or a couple have a better chance of winning something than a single person? I was planning to travel WDW in Jannuary by myself like I did before. I like to enjoy the ride and shows some adult would like going to and on not on any small children rides. Last year I have the trouble of getting the attention of those Photopass photographer to take my picture because I was traveling by myself and wondering if the same would happen if a dream patrol member saw a single guy walking by.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. The guests are chosen randomly, and the cast members are assigned very specific locations and times to award a prize. If this wasn't done, Disney could face legal trouble because prizes would be awarded more frequently to cute looking families with adorable little girls.:wave:

Mkt was quite alone when he won his *5* Dream Fastpasses, and he certainly isn't a cute little girl, so don't worry :lol:

As for the people who haven't seen any ears or lanyards or fastpasses in the parks...I've seen more than I can count. They're quite common when you're in the parks an absolute minimum of 43 hours a week :D

Everybody give the Epcot Dream Squad-ers lots of love, they're the bomb-diggity!!

JimboJones123

And again - the Magic Moments are something CMs were supposed to have been doing all along wether or not it was the Year of a Million Dreams.

Those are not prizes, and getting the CMs even thinking that they are is wrong. There are to be 1 million+ actual tangible per-the-rules prizes awarded during this celebration by the Dream Squad.

If those prizes are not awarded, Disney faces legal repurcussions. I want to know where they stand on distribution of prizes, because they had to be handing out several thousand a day with fairly small Dream Squads.

Confusing the matter further because you feel its magical and it gives you warm fuzzy feelings does not make the psuedo-prize won or gave out an actual prize in the year of a million dreams.

In fact, i'd venture a guess to say this was Disney's plan in bolstering the Magic Moment program to confuse the matter, so that the general public would think they won something when a CM was doing the job they were supposed to have been doing for the last several years. It would help level out the complaints that most park guests don't win anything.

I've now heard it all.

Actually from what I heard was Disney has given more options to CM's to give out even more Magic Moments. I belive this was also to help almost every guest feel special in someway.

Well I think we are just a month into this. I'm sure there are many many more things to come

Yes and every person who has won a prize has posted right here on WDWmagic.com. Yes we all know this is a great site. But everyone does not know about it. How are you suppose to guage a statement like that? If you want a list of the big prize winners...here you go. 9.COPY OF WINNERS LIST

To obtain a list of major prize winners, go online to www.disneyparks.com/winners or mail, postage pre-paid, a hand-printed SASE to: P.O. Box 1406, Elmhurst, IL 60126 (residents of the United Kingdom may send requests to: DDG Winners List/Rules Request, Suite 125, 483 Green Lanes London N13 4BS (please indicate that your request is for a winners list)). The major prize winners list will be mailed when the Giveaway is officially over and winners are verified and prizes are awarded. A list of major prize winners will be available no sooner than April 15, 2008 and not after sixty (60) days from the date of first availability. Only one request per outer envelope, mailed separately, will be fulfilled. Do not send comments or questions to this address. Residents of Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico may omit return postage.

The Disney Dreams Giveaway is sponsored by Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., Post Office Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000.

See above post(s)

Yes, it really is a shame that this day in age that a theme park goes out of its way to give people warm and fuzzy feelings! I'm sure they will find you someone day at Epcot and give you a nice big churrio with a million golden fastpasses inside it.

Well in closing. I sure hope someone gives you a nice set of Mickey Ears with some pretty clouds on it. So maybe then just maybe you wont be such a bitter former CM.

:wave:

disnyfan89

Well I was told by my friend who works in a food and bev location in Mk that every single time they do a Magical Moment that they have to document it that way they can send the total number of Magical Moments to Disney's legal department to add to the total number of Dreams awarded each day. So yes! A Magical Moment is a Dream!

Testtrack321

Yay, there the internets aren't completely full of idiots! Someone gets the general idea!

We're not talking about if it doesn't make you feel good or whatever, we're talking about OFFICIAL PRIZES as dictated by the rules, if it's not up there, it's not official.

Thank you.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Yay, there the internets aren't completely full of idiots! Someone gets the general idea!

We're not talking about if it doesn't make you feel good or whatever, we're talking about OFFICIAL PRIZES as dictated by the rules, if it's not up there, it's not official.

Thank you.

Thanks for reassuring me that someone else understands the difference between the official prizes and a Magic Moment, despite what its now apparent Disney is attempting to do to confuse the matter.

And, for the record, Disney has been making CMs report Magic Moments since the 100 Years of Magic to ensure they did them. They are not dreams, will not be dreams, and do not count as prizes awarded.

Frank Stallone

Mkt was quite alone when he won his *5* Dream Fastpasses, and he certainly isn't a cute little girl, so don't worry :lol:

As for the people who haven't seen any ears or lanyards or fastpasses in the parks...I've seen more than I can count. They're quite common when you're in the parks an absolute minimum of 43 hours a week :D

Everybody give the Epcot Dream Squad-ers lots of love, they're the bomb-diggity!!

Bomb-diggity for sure!

trr313

While we were in the gift shop at AK a Cast Member played a match game with my oldest daughter and gave her a Tinkerbell certifiicate for a magical moment and also gave her a brownie. I thought it was nice and thoughtful.

Thanks for reassuring me that someone else understands the difference between the official prizes and a Magic Moment, despite what its now apparent Disney is attempting to do to confuse the matter.

And, for the record, Disney has been making CMs report Magic Moments since the 100 Years of Magic to ensure they did them. They are not dreams, will not be dreams, and do not count as prizes awarded.

BITTER BITTER BITTER!!! Seriously man, to you they might not be the offical dreams but who says no one can think of them as dreams. It sounds like you're getting mad at the fact that people are getting awarded magical moments. o_O Calm down....who gives a Mickeys Butt that they're not "offical" Hell, if I won family of the day or something similar, it'd sure be a freaking DREAM TO ME!! Jeez!! Who cares if we're confusing YOAMD Dreams and YOAMD Magical Momemts.....Is the world going to end???

Once again, who are we to say what are dreams.......calm....down....please =D

*hands him a mickey mouse premium ice cream bar*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom