Anyone married to a MOUSEJUNKIE?

babydoll9206

Original Poster
My husband is a total MOUSEJUNKIE! He has been to DW over 20 times since the age of four. He looks forward to going and counts down the days till his next trip. We are going in August and this will be only my third time. Don't get me wrong. I love Disney but it is just too much walking for me. Does anyone else have this issue?:king::wave:

real mad hatter

I Confess!

Well it was my wife's idea to visit WDW at the end of our 2003 vacation on the island of Crete,she said,"Let's go to Florida next year".My son then aged five yelled," Oh please Dad".Little did I know that it would be me that would be that mouse junkie,tho my wife and son still get excited when we start planning,it's me who goes into overdrive,roll on July,can't wait.:sohappy:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Well it was my wife's idea to visit WDW at the end of our 2003 vacation on the island of Crete,she said,"Let's go to Florida next year".My son then aged five yelled," Oh please Dad".Little did I know that it would be me that would be that mouse junkie,tho my wife and son still get excited when we start planning,it's me who goes into overdrive,roll on July,can't wait.:sohappy:

Same here! After going to DLP and WDW when i was 10/12 i returned to DLP in 2007 and then we decided to go to WDW in 2008..... we since have returned to WDW 2 more times with a 3rd on the way, 2 more times to DLP and have been on a Disney cruise with another on the way :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

graphite1326

My husband is a total MOUSEJUNKIE! He has been to DW over 20 times since the age of four. He looks forward to going and counts down the days till his next trip. We are going in August and this will be only my third time. Don't get me wrong. I love Disney but it is just too much walking for me. Does anyone else have this issue?:king::wave:

My wife and I are both junkies. Sad but true. I am a little more so than her. We walk alot and more when we are going to the world just so we are in shape. Better go get some good walking shoes and get used to it.

powlessfamily4

I am a mousejunkie and my husband is NOT. He doesn't feel the need for a trip every year but he indulges me. Since I usually take 2 trips a year I am on my own for the second trip. I hate to admit it but the trips without him are more fun then with him. When he is with us the first 3 days are great. He is onboard and we have a great time. The next 4 - 6 days He constantly complains about all the walking and the constant hustle. He breaks away from the rest of the family and then we can't find him or raise him on the phone. When he finally answers the phone he usually says he couldn't find us so he grabbed a bus back to the room. He will usually suggest leaving early at least once. It puts me on edge for the rest of the trip.

His idea of a vacation is relaxing on the beach and dozing in between swims in the ocean. We do take that vacation each week in July and I have no complaints.

I guess you have to learn to be patient with the Disney junkie and the Disney junkie has to realize not everyone shares their passion and plan a trip that you will like also.

forevermickey

I experience this with my husband as well. Though he loves WDW more than I thought he would when we first went as a family, it is still not at my Mousejunkie level.:) Last trip I gladly left him at the resort while my daughter and I indulged in our own time together in the park. It was so much more enjoyable ( though I do miss the whole family being together) but I didn't feel on edge about crowds or walking or wait times. SOOO... this May my daughter (6 yrs) and I are taking our own little mini WDW get-a-way for 3 nights ... we are excited! I will miss my husband... but I'm sure gonna have LOTS of fun!!!:sohappy:

enchanted_belle

I'm definitely a mousejunkie, and my BF had never been to WDW until last week... during our trip, he started to write down where we should stay for our next trip and what restaurants we needed to try.

I can see him being converted now. :lol:

kadesha

My DH is married to one, and it's a hard existance for us. He doesn't care for Disney, he'd rather be sitting at the beach. But I'm always trying to work my way back to Disney!!! He can go sit on the beach at Poly while I enjoy the parks!!!!

DougK

My wife is one and of course she is married to one! I am lucky that way, we don't fight about where to spend our money, it all goes to Disney! (well not ALL but you get the idea...)

draybook

I'm the mouse junkie in our family, but I am definitely the one responsible for converting my wife. Up until 2008, my wife had only been once, in 1983. When I brought up the idea of going, she was a little hesitant. Heck, I hadn't even been to WDW and hadn't been to DL since 1992. It took a little convincing that she and the kids would like it, which was helped by YouTube videos. Needless to say, after that first trip she and the kids were hooked.

This MOUSEJUNKIE's Story...

I owe my refound love of Walt Disney World to my wife.
5 years ago, my parents took the family to Walt Disney World (11 adults and 7 children) in which my mom bought navy blue polo's for us to wear for a family picture while we were there... In Florida... In Walt Disney World.. In July... :hammer: Let's just say thank goodness for my MP3 player and headphones. :ROFLOL:
Thinking this would ruin future trips for me, less than a year later I met my future-wife and we were then invited to a friends Disney World wedding. It was her first time there and I wouldn't have probably gone if it weren't for meeting her. She had the time of her LIFE and never being down there in December myself, we BOTH fell in love with the Christmas Holiday theme, which then led me to return a year later to propose in front of the castle, Honeymoon there, and just celebrate our 1 year with a trip last December.

An example of our MOUSEJUNKIENESS: :D

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4866842&postcount=7

JIMINYCR

Both my wife and I are married to one and loving ever minute of it :sohappy:

:sohappy: YES - US TOO :sohappy: So glad we found each other :sohappy:
I couldn't imagine life with a non - Disney person. We wouldn't have anything to talk about. Which would lead to a messy divorce .... but then :rolleyes: she wouldn't want any of my Disney things in the settlement.

EaglesfanNJ

^^^^^

Is the MouseJunkie!!!

My wife is totally into it too... matter of fact, I didn't go to WDW for the first time until I was about 23, and it was with my now wife. Little did she know the monster she was creating!! But we both are junkies, get into the planning, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom