Anyone in December?

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Not necessarily. From what I've read there are two possible outcomes. Disney will open December up for testing in the next few weeks OR they'll decided to roll out the program full scale on December 1st, which means testing is over, but guests will get the new stuff standard.

I don't think it will be ready to roll out by December 1st, but I do feel confident they'll extend testing (They have consistently since they started)
The only reason my gut doesn't think they'll extend the testing is because when they did in the past it wasn't after officially announcing that testing would end on X date y'know? They just kept extending it. Now that said, I am very hopeful that it goes full roll-out 12/1 but they better make the decision soon because dang-it I don't wanna be stuck with gray bands. LOL!

Ben_since_1971

I think we are out of luck. According to Touringplans, CBR should be rolled out this week. I am going December 2-15 and have not received anything. I called Disney and was told it is still in test and CBR is not part of the test. So either someone lied to TP.com, they made it up, or as what I suspect, Disney's suspect IT department messed up once again. I work in IT and it has always amazed me that a company like Disney can have a website and computer systems that continually have so many issues. They have come a long way, but it just amazes me.

ginadee

Im arriving nov 30. Got the bands, fast pass and checked in online. I didnt even know about all this stuff. Im glad I got in on just the last day. Its been fun.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I think we are out of luck. According to Touringplans, CBR should be rolled out this week. I am going December 2-15 and have not received anything. I called Disney and was told it is still in test and CBR is not part of the test. So either someone lied to TP.com, they made it up, or as what I suspect, Disney's suspect IT department messed up once again. I work in IT and it has always amazed me that a company like Disney can have a website and computer systems that continually have so many issues. They have come a long way, but it just amazes me.
We too are staying at CBR checking in 12/2 (how funny). All I can say is that according to Disney testing ends 11/30 and they've yet to say anything official otherwise (i.e. if it goes live after, if they just said that to then start testing up on the 1st again anyway, etc.). I think what it really comes down to is we as guests need to wait for one of three things to happen:

1) An e-mail comes to us directly as booked guests inviting us to participate in yet another test
2) An announcement is made officially by Disney (I'd guess via their blog or something) that MM+ has gone live (or will on X date)
3) We can suddenly customize bands and make FP+ selections via MDE

Me... I try every day on #3 just to be sure rather than waiting or hoping for something to come officially. :)

ABQ

3) We can suddenly customize bands and make FP+ selections via MDE

Me... I try every day on #3 just to be sure rather than waiting or hoping for something to come officially. :)
I'm going to try #3 myself right now, give me 38 - 90 minutes to login on MDE and navigate to the bands and FP+ section. Hopefully Disney upgrades that Commodore 64 machine they run their website on soon.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I'm going to try #3 myself right now, give me 38 - 90 minutes to login on MDE and navigate to the bands and FP+ section. Hopefully Disney upgrades that Commodore 64 machine they run their website on soon.
This made me literally LOL thank you for that!

EDIT: I tried this morning (we're 52 days out) and nothing just FYI.

Ben_since_1971

You are insulting C64s - it's more like a Trash80!!!

I got a semi-confirmation of my theory. I wrote TP.com asking about it and they responded they got the information from an inside source and was confirmed by another inside source, and they are standing by their dates. I know I am sounding like CNN here (unnamed sources) but TP is above board when it comes to their information.

Tech support is also handling a lot of excessive call volume (unless they have 3 people working there) so perhaps they need to give their server a swift kick in the disk drive to get this all sorted out.

ABQ

Tech support is also handling a lot of excessive call volume (unless they have 3 people working there) so perhaps they need to give their server a swift kick in the disk drive to get this all sorted out.
trs80mod1floppy.jpg

ouch! That might hurt one's foot to kick.

Ben_since_1971

A friend of mine sent me a link to another website that has the same information that TP.com had - except it was worded differently. Their website said for checkins for CBR from Oct 7 THRU Nov 30. If you read the TP blog post, it just says starting October 7. It also lists Nov 30 as the end of the test date, but the wording makes it look like we all (or at least those of us at CBR) should have it by now.

BUT - both TP.com and this other site (mouse for less) BOTH say resort wide roll-out will be December 1, not December 31, although M4L is a little more 'iffy' about the 12/1 date. Based on TP.com's reply to my email, and their impeccable reputation, December 1 is the date, unless the Trash80 needs to be upgraded to a Commodore (ABQ - your pic gave me a good laugh. Question - how many young'uns on this board even know what we are talking about? :D I digress).

Here is what I think will happen. Until now, only select guests at the resorts were part of the test. Then they started bringing full resorts online. Now is the final push. They will add resorts to the system, thus adding capacity to the system. They need to see if the Trash80 can handle it, or if it needs to be paired up to a Commodore, an Apple IIe or even an IBM 5150 (yes I am really dating myself :p). After the week of October 21, the entire resort will be 'online'. Providing there are no glitches, and they don't need to replace the hamster on the wheel that powers the whole thing, they will release all dates through end of the year for the entire resort.

So I would expect we will get our MB and FP+ access probably the week of October 28, no later than November 1, but hopefully earlier. Of course, after that well reasoned theory, will I accept my answer?? Of course not - I want it NOW!!!!! :cry:

ABQ

Hilarious post @Ben_since_1971 . You're probably right that a number of the younguns never experienced the majesty and power of green or amber screens.
So you and @ExtinctJenn have CBR reservations, mine is December 12 at WL, if yours do come available 10/28, it will be interesting if mine comes live same time, though you're both 10 days ahead of my arrival date.

tem325

I'm going Dec 11-15, I really really really wanna be able to do FastPass+! I'll be 60 days out tomorrow I think.......Do I have a shot for the test!?

Ben_since_1971

Hilarious post @Ben_since_1971 . You're probably right that a number of the younguns never experienced the majesty and power of green or amber screens.
So you and @ExtinctJenn have CBR reservations, mine is December 12 at WL, if yours do come available 10/28, it will be interesting if mine comes live same time, though you're both 10 days ahead of my arrival date.

That would be my guess - it would as they would open up all hotels for all guests for all dates from 12/1 forward. We shall see.

ninjaprincesst

I think it should be soon. Im a Nov 21-29th person,I got my magic band and fast pass+ right at 60 days however I know there were some earlier in the month Nov people who were like at 35 days. It seems like they released it all at once. Just a fyi my fastpass+ option showed up first, but I had to redo online check in to get the magic band custimze to come up

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We arrive on 5 Dec. I still have no access to FP+ nor adding MagicBands.
You too.. I still can't either! Hoping we can as I would really like to do the Fast pass for Be our Guest so we don't have to wait in line for a while this time, etc. Hoping they allow us to soon! :)

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Disney is still telling me testing ends 11/30 but they aren't sure what will be as of 12/1. I'm 49 days out... still nada. :(

Rob562

Does everyone get this when they click on Fastpass+? Or is this promising?I arrive on December 15th.
fastpass_zpsdef3230b.png

Depending on which link you used to get there, everyone gets that message if they don't currently have access to FP+. (The other message you sometimes get is the pop-up window saying that FP+ is coming soon, which I sometimes still get despite having access to FP+ because I'm linked as a Friend with someone who *does* have FP+ access)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom