Anyone in December?

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Did you do the online check-in? I may not be totally correct but I thought the ability to reserve FP+/MB wasd on whether you did online check-in.
I did online check-in at my 60 day mark (checking on on 12/2) and it's not available. It really does appear that because testing ends 11/30 and full rollout is 12/31, if you're checking in between those dates no MM+ for you. :(

WDWDad13

I did online check-in at my 60 day mark (checking on on 12/2) and it's not available. It really does appear that because testing ends 11/30 and full rollout is 12/31, if you're checking in between those dates no MM+ for you. :(

yeah it appears they may be forgoing testing over the extremely crowded holidays (which may not be a bad thing) - sad for us December travelers who wanted to give it a shot though

KTaylor

Awe don't lose hope yet I was following the November check in thread and a lot of people were at the 45 or even 30 day mark before they could do it. There are way too many rumors going around about December 1 being the full roll out date that we just cant lose hope this far out!

007mickey

Haven't there been a few people in this thread say they know some December arrival folks and they have gotten the bands/FP+? I wouldn't give up hope if that information is out there.

Janna Moss

I checked in at 60 days (yesterday actually) and I am still not offered MBs or FP+s. It's making me sad. I am a travel agent and am really hoping to use the new system when we go so that I can better help my clients understand what to do. Grrrr!!!

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Did you do the online check-in? I may not be totally correct but I thought the ability to reserve FP+/MB wasd on whether you did online check-in.

I did the online check-in last night and as of lunchtime today, the FP+'s were still not available. Will keep checking.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member

Where did you get the info that the official roll-out is 12/31? I haven't seen anything stating that as being the "go-live" date.

cslafferty

I'm trying to check in, but it keeps telling me there's an error - try again later :mad: I'm wondering . . . if they do, in fact, end testing 12/1 and don't have a full rollout until 12/31, will us Dec. travelers be able to get any kind of FP? Do they still have the reg. FP kiosks??

yoyoflamingo

Where did you get the info that the official roll-out is 12/31? I haven't seen anything stating that as being the "go-live" date.

We're still waiting too...arriving 12/5 also. Wondering if the fact we only have AP vouchers is a factors, since it's the only ticket we could link.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I'm trying to check in, but it keeps telling me there's an error - try again later :mad: I'm wondering . . . if they do, in fact, end testing 12/1 and don't have a full rollout until 12/31, will us Dec. travelers be able to get any kind of FP? Do they still have the reg. FP kiosks??

I got an error message when I got to the last step of the online check-in but from what I can tell, it did complete.

I can't imagine that they will go live on 12/31. That is one of the busiest days of the year at WDW. They would be insane to try and bring it up on that day. My guess is that they will turn at it on towards the beginning of Dec so that they can identify any major issues before the holiday crush. There has been no indication that the "old" FP kiosks will be pulled out any time soon. Once again, I see them in place through the holidays just in case anything goes horribly wrong with the FP+ system.

Last edited:

stevehousse

Again, no one during th test was able to do MB or FP+ at the 60 day mark. We couldn't do ours until about 45 days. Most people have been giving te option to do this around the 30-45 day mark.

Just keep checking everyday, and it will happen eventually!

lostpro9het

Not sure about what everyone else tested at but for our October trip we were not invited to test until 2 weeks before we left. We are set to return Christmas week and our DD does not have a band so it will be interesting to see if they send us one for her since the DW and I have one. Also, I can already make FP+ reservations for the first week of December, nothing past the 7th, but this probably because we already have bands that we used last week.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
The WDW News site whose name shall not be named here... and turns out... they are probably full of it (dunno why I believed them).

HERE IS AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM DISNEY ON THE SUBJECT:
You are correct that testing currently ends on November 30th. However
there has been no date confirmed as of yet as to if the test will
continue or it will be released to the general public. Any information
you may see on third party websites and blogs are not valid. It is
possible that either we will extend the testing out through December or
even released it by your trip but it is not guaranteed.

We anticipate MyMagic+ will be available to all Walt Disney World Guests
over the next several months. Please continue to watch the Disney Parks
blog and MyDisneyExperience.com for updates.

Amy Shelton

I am very curious because wouldn't it make sense that if your resort is already in the testing phase and the locks on the doors have been changed to Magic Band capability, wouldn't you HAVE to get a magic band? How does that work?

lostpro9het

I am very curious because wouldn't it make sense that if your resort is already in the testing phase and the locks on the doors have been changed to Magic Band capability, wouldn't you HAVE to get a magic band? How does that work?
The key card you receive at check-in has the same chip technology in it as the band so you wouldn't need your band to enter the room.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member

Since folks with have the option of using a MB or an RFID endabled KTTW card, I imagine that the door locks in the hotels can accommodate both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom