Anyone in December?

Sparkle81

It would be a bit weird if people whose trip was from 30th Nov for example, could have magic bands, do FP+ etc right through December, but not offer the same opportunity to those whose vacation actually starts in December!

I'm 56 days out now, and still not able to access anything magic band/FP+ related on MDE.

cslafferty

Well, even though I got another error message, I think this time I'm checked in. When I go to My Disney Experience, it now says "Modify Check in" instead of "Online Check in Available." Success!! . . . I think o_O

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Well, even though I got another error message, I think this time I'm checked in. When I go to My Disney Experience, it now says "Modify Check in" instead of "Online Check in Available." Success!! . . . I think o_O

Yup. That's what happened to me.

Awe don't lose hope yet I was following the November check in thread and a lot of people were at the 45 or even 30 day mark before they could do it. There are way too many rumors going around about December 1 being the full roll out date that we just cant lose hope this far out!

We check-in on Nov 1. We were at either 36 or 37 days out when they turned on MM+ for all of November. If they follow a similar time frame for December, we're talking Oct 23-24 (ish). That fit perfectly with previously established pattern of expanding the test time frame a little over a month before it was set to expire.

I can't see why they would take a month off given that all Disney resorts are currently, or soon will be, in the "test" phase. About the only reason that makes sense is they don't want to deal with the Christmas rush but Thanksgiving will be a good test of system capacity with a month to assess and correct any issues created. December 31 isn't exactly a slow day, either. It's not as bad as Christmas Day but it is pretty close.

Nothing is certain until it is announced but I'd be willing to bet December resort stays will have MM+ availability.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Dec 6th. Did online check-in Nothing!!!! I know people are going in December who got them.
Thus far the ONLY people going in December that I've found were able to do it are those not arriving in December. If you are arriving 11/30 or before and happen to be staying through December yes, but I've yet to find a single person arriving 12/1 or later who was able.

GrumpyFan

I read elsewhere today someone who's going in December was told by a reservations CM that the testing phase is closing at the end of November, and no Magic Bands for their trip in December.
Makes me wonder, first if true, and if so, what's the next phase and when will it start?

EDIT: I went back a page and read the response from Disney, posted by ExtinctJenn. (Thanks)

Last edited:

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I read elsewhere today someone who's going in December was told by a reservations CM that the testing phase is closing at the end of November, and no Magic Bands for their trip in December.
Makes me wonder, first if true, and if so, what's the next phase and when will it start?
The response from Disney I posted above certainly left it open to be either that it'll go live the day after that, there may be another testing phase, or it may go live sometime after (i.e. it really didn't give any indication either way LOL).

Amy Shelton

So if our worse fears are confirmed and we don't get magicbands, how will that effect us getting fast passes? Will we just get them the old fashioned way? Will there be rides that we can't get fastpasses for?

darthspielberg

Rides that don't have FP kiosks aren't eligible for Paper FP, so basically anything that has been retrofitted to have a FP queue for the new program (like Haunted Mansion or its a small world)

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I'm putting the positive thought out there in the universe.....we will all get our MB's and FP+'s for December.
I sure hope you're right. It wouldn't make sense to me that testing would end but then you'd have no FP options in between so either it goes live 12/1 (and we're going to be waiting until the 30-45 day mark to find out) or I hope the paper FPs are around! :)

I'd still be awfully sad though... not only was I looking forward to this for FP+ and the obvious "cool factor" of the bands themselves but I am a sucker for the customization options (i.e. Disney could make a buck off of me on the little things you buy to add to it) and I really wanted to be able to put my son's on his Infinity console and see his reaction. :D

007mickey

So as of right now, the thought is any Dec arriving resort guests will be issued the new RFID card (allowing for park entry, charging privileges, room entry, etc.) and use the traditional fastpass machines?

tsp

We have a checkin date of Nov 30th and it is allowing us to make FP+ reservations up until December 8th. We were also able to customize magic bands through the site.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
So as of right now, the thought is any Dec arriving resort guests will be issued the new RFID card (allowing for park entry, charging privileges, room entry, etc.) and use the traditional fastpass machines?
Yes as of now.
We have a checkin date of Nov 30th and it is allowing us to make FP+ reservations up until December 8th. We were also able to customize magic bands through the site.
Right as stated a few times above if you check-in prior to 12/1, even if you were staying the entire month of December, you're good. The issue is if you're checking in after 11/30.

ABQ

I'm sitting at 65 days till arrival, have everything linked to My Disney Experience, a mixture of 2 AP and 2 DVC AP's and thus far, no ability to add FP+ items. Will probably do online checkin @ 60 days, I guess I'll see if it makes a difference or if it was just coincidence for some and if us December arrivers are just hosed. Wasn't depending on FP+ anyway, though it may be nice for something like a Toy Story Mania pass. As long as olde skool FP is still available, which I'm pretty certain it will be, I guess we'll be fine this time around.

cslafferty

Checking in @ 60 days doesn't make a difference. I'm all linked, checked in, and at 57 days til our Dec. 6-11 stay at CR, and still not able to order bands or make FP+ choices.:(

darthspielberg

Not necessarily. From what I've read there are two possible outcomes. Disney will open December up for testing in the next few weeks OR they'll decided to roll out the program full scale on December 1st, which means testing is over, but guests will get the new stuff standard.

I don't think it will be ready to roll out by December 1st, but I do feel confident they'll extend testing (They have consistently since they started)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom