Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

PurpleRose

Lee is an insider. He never says anything just to say something or to get attention. When he says something on here, it's not just rumor or his opinion. Most of the time he's actually seen blueprints or pictures. But because he is an insider, he can't actually post without permission without getting in a lot of trouble. We all trust Lee, Raven, Juan, and a few others. You should too.

Lee

Adventurer
My info on the Expo Hall M&Gs is limited, but very clear that it was being taken quite seriously. Mickey and Minnie will have a nice spot back there...at least nicer than in the judge's tent:
MewithMickeysintheJudgesTent.jpg

(Photo courtesy of some stranger from Google.)

For what it's worth...which is maybe not much...I have some plans that show a M&G location inside one of the tents in Storybook Circus. No idea who's going in there, but maybe Goofy....:shrug:

The Duck

While at MK last week, I was talking to some CM's standing outside Expo Hall about all of the construction going on. I mentioned something about the M&G being moved there and they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. All they could say was that the building was being refurbished. I wondered if they really were kept in the dark or if management told them to keep quiet about the project.

tirian

While at MK last week, I was talking to some CM's standing outside Expo Hall about all of the construction going on. I mentioned something about the M&G being moved there and they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. All they could say was that the building was being refurbished. I wondered if they really were kept in the dark or if management told them to keep quiet about the project.

Many of the CMs deny information that's already been confirmed simply because they don't want to get in trouble, and they don't follow company announcements. A week after Disney announced the FLE at D23, a manager in Fantasyland told me she wasn't allowed to say what was going into the area. :rolleyes: (The best part was, I already knew PH was canceled.)

WDW1974

Lee is an insider. He never says anything just to say something or to get attention. When he says something on here, it's not just rumor or his opinion. Most of the time he's actually seen blueprints or pictures. But because he is an insider, he can't actually post without permission without getting in a lot of trouble. We all trust Lee, Raven, Juan, and a few others. You should too.

Pardon moi for a second ... :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

OK ... I trust Lee for one reason and one reason only: Mrs. Lee would kick his sorry butt from here to Shanghai if he ever attempted to put one over on Disney fanbois ... but then I get the nagging feeling she may well be in on the ruse herself:eek:.

('74 wishes he could bulldoze the rodents' homes himself tonight ...)

WDW1974

Many of the CMs deny information that's already been confirmed simply because they don't want to get in trouble, and they don't follow company announcements. A week after Disney announced the FLE at D23, a manager in Fantasyland told me she wasn't allowed to say what was going into the area. :rolleyes: (The best part was, I already knew PH was canceled.)

Serious question: did most CMs you know laugh their behinds off when the company's talking points/spin on the expansion/Staggs replacing Rasulo/reaction to Potter hit the portal?

mharrington

You don't realize who IS important anyway.

You've asked questions, you've gotten answers, then you want to argue about it. :rolleyes:

My main concern is why employees are being muzzled by management on the subject of the Expo Hall?

And referring to an earlier comment, if Mickey had a space at Celebration, wouldn't people be able to at least find it if not go inside?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My main concern is why employees are being muzzled by management on the subject of the Expo Hall?

And referring to an earlier comment, if Mickey had a space at Celebration, wouldn't people be able to at least find it if not go inside?

It's called a Non- Disclosure Agreement. (NDA)

Employees cannot publicly reveal Company information. They are subject to dismissal for failure to comply.

Now they can leak information, and that is how we get our information on these boards. You will never get those with information to reveal their sources as that would do nothing but bite the hand that feeds it, as their source would immediately dry up.

tirian

Serious question: did most CMs you know laugh their behinds off when the company's talking points/spin on the expansion/Staggs replacing Rasulo/reaction to Potter hit the portal?

Quick Explanation: I was in the MK as a guest when the woman denied any plans for FLE—and the (undecorated) walls were already starting to go up! :lol:

Back to the Answers for Serious Questions:
First, everyone in my department laughed at the nonsense about the FLE. Then we didn't know enough about Staggs as a person to trust him over Rasulo (but now we do).

And, um, what reaction to Potter? The one where they solemnly affirmed it's amazing and they don't have any plans to combat its popularity? :animwink: *Eat another Dole Whip and fuggedaboudit.*

tirian

It's called a Non- Disclosure Agreement. (NDA)

Employees cannot publicly reveal Company information. They are subject to dismissal for failure to comply.

Now they can leak information, and that is how we get our information on these boards. You will never get those with information to reveal their sources as that would do nothing but bite the hand that feeds it, as their source would immediately dry up.

The plans for Expo are no longer covered by the NDA, because Disney already publicly announced that it's the new home for the characters. However, the CMs in question probably didn't know that, and were simply trying to do their jobs right.

mharrington

The plans for Expo are no longer covered by the NDA, because Disney already publicly announced that it's the new home for the characters. However, the CMs in question probably didn't know that, and were simply trying to do their jobs right.

Then why haven't they mentioned any updates?

WDW1974

Quick Explanation: I was in the MK as a guest when the woman denied any plans for FLE—and the (undecorated) walls were already starting to go up! :lol:

Back to the Answers for Serious Questions:
First, everyone in my department laughed at the nonsense about the FLE. Then we didn't know enough about Staggs as a person to trust him over Rasulo (but now we do).

And, um, what reaction to Potter? The one where they solemnly affirmed it's amazing and they don't have any plans to combat its popularity? :animwink: *Eat another Dole Whip and fuggedaboudit.*

I couldn't believe the stupidity (actually, whenever I say that I am probably am not being entirely honest) of TDO to issue a statement like that (I posted it elsewhere, have no idea if it was posted here) because it would be obvious to anyone with an IQ above room temp. that they are lies. It would have been better to say nothing at all ... but they must know what they are doing, right? :rolleyes::drevil::king::rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom