Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

tirian

I couldn't believe the stupidity (actually, whenever I say that I am probably am not being entirely honest) of TDO to issue a statement like that (I posted it elsewhere, have no idea if it was posted here) because it would be obvious to anyone with an IQ above room temp. that they are lies. It would have been better to say nothing at all ... but they must know what they are doing, right? :rolleyes::drevil::king::rolleyes:

It's nothing compared to the "bold, new vision" for DTD.

tirian

Well, for one thing, maybe concept art. And maybe for another thing, detailed descriptions of what's going to happen.

They generally only release concept art for something that's expected to drive attendance or sales. Hence, concept art for Via Napoli and FLE, but not Character Spot or the Main Street M&Gs.

I'm not trying to be argumentative; I'm actually surprised D23 hasn't released concept art for this area. But I guess Disney doesn't consider it important enough. :shrug:

mharrington

They generally only release concept art for something that's expected to drive attendance or sales. Hence, concept art for Via Napoli and FLE, but not Character Spot or the Main Street M&Gs.

I'm not trying to be argumentative; I'm actually surprised D23 hasn't released concept art for this area. But I guess Disney doesn't consider it important enough. :shrug:

So basically, the overhaul of the Expo Hall is unimportant.

tirian

Before it gets buried away in another thread, here are some links to guidemaps from DL, WDW, DLP, and TDL. Notice that the MK at WDW, which is the most visited theme park on earth, is the most undeveloped. :brick:

2010 Disneyland map

2010 Magic Kingdom map

2007 Disneyland Paris map

Tokyo Disneyland (All the attractions are not numbered because TDL still produces guide booklets instead of single-page guidemaps. This spread shows World Bazaar, their version of Main Street.)

Captain Chaos

But to me... NO!

We don't even know when the Expo Hall will open. For all we know, Mickey and Minnie may be in Tomorrowland for a good long time, in spite of the fact that they clash with the theme (such as it is).

I corrected that for ya... to you NO.. but to majority of, us, yea, it's no big deal.. LOL.. You seem to be the only one up in arms over this... LOL.. Step back, relax, take a deep breath... You will realize, it doesn't make a difference in the scheme of things... LOL...

mharrington

Before it gets buried away in another thread, here are some links to guidemaps from DL, WDW, DLP, and TDL. Notice that the MK at WDW, which is the most visited theme park on earth, is the most outdated. :brick:

2010 Disneyland map

2010 Magic Kingdom map

Tokyo Disneyland (All the attractions are not numbered because TDL still produces guide booklets instead of single-page guidemaps. This spread shows World Bazaar, their version of Main Street.)

I think the map of Tokyo Disneyland is from 2008. And how strange it is that the map of the Magic Kingdom seems to set the park back by some 25 years! But in this case, the Speedway track is still shorter. Here's a map from around that time to let you know what I'm talking about:

magic-kingdom-guide-book-1986-03.jpg

tirian

Tokyo's pretty outdated- maybe more than MK.

Aesthetically, yes. But Tokyo's attraction technology, number of attractions, and entertainment are superior (for now).

I think the FLE will finally make the MK's FL one of the top three on earth, with California and Paris being the other two.

tirian

I think the map of Tokyo Disneyland is from 2008. And how strange it is that the map of the Magic Kingdom seems to set the park back by some 25 years! But in this case, the Speedway track is still shorter. Here's a map from around that time to let you know what I'm talking about:

magic-kingdom-guide-book-1986-03.jpg

Actually, the 25-year-old MK had more to do than the 2010 version! :dazzle:

- Skyway
- Diamond Horseshoe Revue
- Original Tiki Room
- Larger/more diverse shopping areas in AdvL and FrL
- Tomorrowland Terrace dining
- Adventureland Veranda dining
- Pirate/Parrot dining
- Various shops on Main Street (Magic Store, Penny Arcade, Theater)

About the only good thing missing is Splash Mt.

RSoxNo1

Before it gets buried away in another thread, here are some links to guidemaps from DL, WDW, DLP, and TDL. Notice that the MK at WDW, which is the most visited theme park on earth, is the most outdated. :brick:

2010 Disneyland map

2010 Magic Kingdom map

What's outdated on the MK map?

ttalovebug

I couldn't believe the stupidity (actually, whenever I say that I am probably am not being entirely honest) of TDO to issue a statement like that (I posted it elsewhere, have no idea if it was posted here) because it would be obvious to anyone with an IQ above room temp. that they are lies. It would have been better to say nothing at all ... but they must know what they are doing, right? :rolleyes::drevil::king::rolleyes:

This is the honest truth- when I read those talking points, I thought it was a parody. I wasn't really paying attention, just scrolling mindlessly down the page, and saw phrases talking about the best, new experiences for our guests, etc., way to frequently. So I started reading, and giggled at the ridiculousness of it. Imagine my horror when I realized it wasn't a joke. :eek:

tirian

What's outdated on the MK map?

Sorry, it was a poor word choice on my part. I meant that the MK has been the least developed, especially considering its attendance level.

Aaaanyway, I'm rooting for the MK to be fantastic after FLE and the rolling refurbs. It's still my favorite park—even over DL—simply because I'd rather be able to move than be stuck in massive crowds of locals. DLP would probably rank higher IMO if it received regular maintenance.

WDW1974

Aesthetically, yes. But Tokyo's attraction technology, number of attractions, and entertainment are superior (for now).

I think the FLE will finally make the MK's FL one of the top three on earth, with California and Paris being the other two.

TDL blows the MK away in every significant category I can think of ... by a HUGE margin. Fanbois would simply wet themselves if they saw a park that clean, that well maintained, that full of attractions and always fresh entertainment (like say three parades shown a total of five times in one day) with every eatery open and no merchandise out in walkways while shops become storage facilities.

I don't think for a second that the F-land rehab (hate the word expansion because it really isn't when talking about space and capacity) will do anything beyond making the MK a lot nicer place to visit.

Right now, the only thing preventing me from placing HKDL above it is the lack of attractions (I am now a proud HKDL APer, for full disclosure). It beats MK in cleanliness, show quality, CMs, food quality and price, and entertainment (especially seasonal). And I'm more excited about the two new E-Tix coming (as well as the lands they'll occupy) to it than I am for Mermaid (which I can ride in Anaheim), a short SW mine train and Dueling Dumbos.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
TDL blows the MK away in every significant category I can think of ... by a HUGE margin. Fanbois would simply wet themselves if they saw a park that clean, that well maintained, that full of attractions and always fresh entertainment (like say three parades shown a total of five times in one day) with every eatery open and no merchandise out in walkways while shops become storage facilities.

I don't think for a second that the F-land rehab (hate the word expansion because it really isn't when talking about space and capacity) will do anything beyond making the MK a lot nicer place to visit.

Right now, the only thing preventing me from placing HKDL above it is the lack of attractions (I am now a proud HKDL APer, for full disclosure). It beats MK in cleanliness, show quality, CMs, food quality and price, and entertainment (especially seasonal). And I'm more excited about the two new E-Tix coming (as well as the lands they'll occupy) to it than I am for Mermaid (which I can ride in Anaheim), a short SW mine train and Dueling Dumbos.

Well you just threw what little credibility you had right out the window with that remark.

Lee

Adventurer
Well you just threw what little credibility you had right out the window with that remark.

Why?
He's fairly correct about that. If you think about it...
-Mermaid is a long overdue replacement for 20k.
-Dwarf Mine is a replacement for SWSA.
-a new water play area replaces Donald's boat.
-Be Our Guest replaces several closed food locations.

Sure, it's gonna be nice, but other than gaining an extra Dumbo there isn't a lot of net gain involved.
Refurb describes it pretty well. Why else do you think they arent calling it an "expansion" internally any more?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom