Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

mharrington

Because it wasn't Goofy's house or Goofy's meet and greet. It's a ride that can be refitted into something else.

I'm not talking about his ride or his meet-n-greet, I'm talking about Goofy himself.

Why on earth wouldn't they count? They're THERE. (Or they were there, in WDW's case.) They've been a part of Main Street lore and theming for decades...much longer than Toontown, for that matter.

Without a little bit of a more substantive rebuttal than that, I'll stick with the opinion that they most definitely "count" in any accounting of what Main Street is all about. :)

Ah, but for a long time, the Cinemas (both of them) didn't even show any Disney cartoons (save for "Steamboat Willie"). They showed silent movies!

Wilt Dasney

Ah, but for a long time, the Cinemas (both of them) didn't even show any Disney cartoons (save for "Steamboat Willie"). They showed silent movies!
That's actually a good catch. I had forgotten about that!

But Steamboat Willie is still a Mickey cartoon. :D

Call this one a draw? :lol:

jt04

No, it's the 11th or 12th. And you can't see it in March.

As for Goofy's coaster, I just find it totally strange that Goofy won't be getting the axe yet Mickey and Minnie will.

Maybe it is a different Goofy. That is what I am thinking/hoping. Think about it. If the light bulb does not come on you are not thinking it through.

Sushi

I came here to ask this very question. That sucks their houses will possibly be gone permanently. They are my mother in laws favourite. We always have to go. I think I also heard Snow Whites ride will be gone permanently as well. That's sad.

mharrington

All through the existence of Toontown Fair, Mickey, Minnie, Donald AND Goofy were all referenced together. Now, only Goofy is represented here.

I'm also thinking that those meet-n-greets at the Expo Hall is a kind of deus ex machina for theme parks. I don't even think that the meet-n-greets will even have a decent cartoon-like theme at all. It'll probably just be simple walls, albeit painted different colors to separate the characters. I'm just not a big fan of having Disney character be placed in simple meet-n-greets. Look at Fantasy Gardens in Hong Kong Disneyland, for instance. It looks like that one was just thrown together, too.

And I don't even know what the Epcot Character Spots are, either. I have a feeling that those are not too well themed either.

Wilt Dasney

It'll probably just be simple walls, albeit painted different colors to separate the characters. I'm just not a big fan of having Disney character be placed in simple meet-n-greets.

I have to say you seem very disturbed over a conclusion that's based on nothing but a personal hunch of your own...and which has already been refuted by the word of one of these forums' most reliable insiders. (Twice!)

This thread is really going around in circles. :lol:

mharrington

I have to say you seem very disturbed over a conclusion that's based on nothing but a personal hunch of your own...and which has already been refuted by the word of one of these forums' most reliable insiders. (Twice!)

This thread is really going around in circles. :lol:

But the impression I'm getting, based on those people, is that they are in the dark on what exactly is going to happen in there. Just as I'm basing my "conclusion" on a personal hunch of mine, so these people appear to have hunches of their own. There are no pictures (except for those of big walls that, for all I know, could just be for little more than refurbishment) and no descriptions of anything. The only way I would know exactly what's happening is if there was some concrete evidence of this. An official update would be nice, too.

Wilt Dasney

But the impression I'm getting, based on those people, is that they are in the dark on what exactly is going to happen in there. Just as I'm basing my "conclusion" on a personal hunch of mine, so these people appear to have hunches of their own. There are no pictures (except for those of big walls that, for all I know, could just be for little more than refurbishment) and no descriptions of anything. The only way I would know exactly what's happening is if there was some concrete evidence of this. An official update would be nice, too.

If Lee says something is happening, it's not based on a hunch...it's based on solid information from people who know what's happening. He has a very consistent track record on these things.

I can understand the desire for concrete proof, but you're probably not going to get any of that for a while. In the meantime, I don't understand why you'd continue to trust your own gut over the (admittedly vague) word of someone with deep connections to the Disney company.

mharrington

If Lee says something is happening, it's not based on a hunch...it's based on solid information from people who know what's happening. He has a very consistent track record on these things.

Okay, new question: if Lee knows it's happening, where does he get the information from? More importantly, is there any way that I can get in contact with the same resources?

Wilt Dasney

Okay, new question: if Lee knows it's happening, where does he get the information from? More importantly, is there any way that I can get in contact with the same resources?
He has personal acquaintances and friends inside the company. I doubt any of us, as average fans, would be able to get in touch with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom