Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Giss Neric

youtubers ask for money everyday through superchats and by asking you to buy their merchandise
This is what irks me the most---merchandise. I understand if you have a rather huge following like the Trackers you would create your own merch. Some of them have not even surpassed 10K subscribers and you're already selling merch. Most of them are using Disney/Universal graphics and making it their own anyways.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This is what irks me the most---merchandise. I understand if you have a rather huge following like the Trackers you would create your own merch. Some of them have not even surpassed 10K subscribers and you're already selling merch. Most of them are using Disney/Universal graphics and making it their own anyways.
Is it the copying of uni/Dis branding that irks you or the merch in general ?
At what point/viewer number does it become acceptable?
Not trying to argue with you I just wondered.

Giss Neric

Is it the copying of uni/Dis branding that irks you or the merch in general ?
At what point/viewer number does it become acceptable?
Not trying to argue with you I just wondered.
I completely understand that merch is for profit and for their channel's growth. It's more of a combination of merch that are not well thought of and lazy and the nonstop sales talk that they include in their vlogs (this is in addition to the super chats, patreon donations and sending gift cards etc.). It's usually some tagline they made popular and puts in a shirt. I guess there is no exact number to justify when is it acceptable to sell merch but I would focus on improving the quality of the content first. It's just a slight annoyance but they could do whatever they want.

Sir_Cliff

I completely understand that merch is for profit and for their channel's growth. It's more of a combination of merch that are not well thought of and lazy and the nonstop sales talk that they include in their vlogs (this is in addition to the super chats, patreon donations and sending gift cards etc.). It's usually some tagline they made popular and puts in a shirt. I guess there is no exact number to justify when is it acceptable to sell merch but I would focus on improving the quality of the content first. It's just a slight annoyance but they could do whatever they want.
Come on, you know you want one...

dave kay.jpg

Seriously, though, if people want to buy the vloggers' merchandise I figure that's their prerogative. I'm kind of surprised there would be a market for it, but it's another one of those things for which I don't feel the vloggers are forcing anyone to give them their money.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Come on, you know you want one...

View attachment 574198

Seriously, though, if people want to buy the vloggers' merchandise I figure that's their prerogative. I'm kind of surprised there would be a market for it, but it's another one of those things for which I don't feel the vloggers are forcing anyone to give them their money.
The way I see it . It's no worse/better than buying TV show or movie or sporting merch. To each their own. I have a couple of TT t-shirts because I like the design.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
How are they not?

That didn't answer the question.
If you don't care for them cool. Just don't watch.
They do have merch but don't plaster it in their videos.
They also do some live chats but I can't recall one that they've had donations to themselves. I don't watch much live content though.
They do get invited for free to places for the publicity but disclose that.
I'm genuinely confused as to how they are scamming anyone and you clearly have zero proof as you couldn't even answer the direct question.
Sounds more like you're butt hurt that they didn't read your fan letter back in the day or something.
I especially get that vibe considering you seem cool with the actual illegal things Adam has done in his past for views. (I have nothing against him. btw I used to watch him myself because I liked the urban exploration)
But seriously Adam is the definition of a rolling stone without a home who relies on his channel and viewers to get by.
I'm not sure if he even has something to fall back on.

Last edited:

IveBeenJack

Hey everyone, Jack here from DSNY Newscast. If you're curious about how much people earn SocialBlade is a good tool to use. However the ranges of CPM on each video can vary drastically. It all depends on Watch time and audience retention. Some vlog channels pump out daily videos to get the ad revenue up maybe because retention isn't very good. As if people are only watching the first few minutes, then they're not getting paid for the multiple ad breaks they put in the videos.

I typically only put a mid-roll ad every 5 minutes or so if the video is over 8 minutes. So that's 2 ads for a video. I used to produce way more videos that were shorter, and not as in-depth... and have found it's better to produce higher quality content that has higher engagement and is more interesting.

If people have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.

IveBeenJack

Some YouTubers are becoming shameless with the amount of mid-roll ads they are putting in videos, and trust me often times it is the YouTuber decided how many ads to include. As a YouTuber myself, I feel like a YouTube channel doesn't care much about their audience if they are making them sit through an ad every 2 minutes to just watch a 12 minute video.

And I'm not talking about just Disney Youtubers but YouTubers in general. There was an Technology channel I used to watch called EverythingApplePro and he used to LOAD his videos full of ads.

IveBeenJack

I have typically found merchandise to be a bit of a loss leader. As the margins are so small. Like maybe $5 profit it shirt. But I also do it via a drop shipping method through Etsy as I wanted the shirts I sell to be better quality and a better fit than that of TeeSpring, ShirtPress, RedBubble etc.

The shirts that are sold as part of TeeSpring on the YouTube "shelf" under videos are not the best quality. They are more about just whacking a channel logo on a shirt and calling it "merchandise" than a proper brand.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Some YouTubers are becoming shameless with the amount of mid-roll ads they are putting in videos, and trust me often times it is the YouTuber decided how many ads to include. As a YouTuber myself, I feel like a YouTube channel doesn't care much about their audience if they are making them sit through an ad every 2 minutes to just watch a 12 minute video.

And I'm not talking about just Disney Youtubers but YouTubers in general. There was an Technology channel I used to watch called EverythingApplePro and he used to LOAD his videos full of ads.

I get why they do it but yeah it is annoying and those types of videos I do the skip option or if they have too many non skipable ads I say goodbye.

themerebear6453

I don't mind vloggers in general. Since I don't go to the parks often, it's nice to feel connected when I'm far away. What I do mind is people who live stream and talk the entire time. I would be frustrated to stand near someone like that at a fireworks show, and I think they should be more considerate of their surroundings.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't mind vloggers in general. Since I don't go to the parks often, it's nice to feel connected when I'm far away. What I do mind is people who live stream and talk the entire time. I would be frustrated to stand near someone like that at a fireworks show, and I think they should be more considerate of their surroundings.

I'll agree with this, vloggers and streamers should never talk during rides and shows. I was watching a stream of Universal Hollywood and the streamer talked through the whole tram tour. I could see people sitting in front of him getting annoyed.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
For the record, I don't hate Adam the Woo. I believe that deep down he is genuinely a good dude at heart. I DO. Adam's problem is he is his own worst enemy. Like when he got banned at Universal he made too much of a scene to be noticed and that lead to the universal higher ups noticing him and going "that's the guy that broke in and filmed nickelodeon studios. ban him". He tries too much to make himself the center of attention at times. I do think his heart is in the right place. but some of his videos are sooo ego filled they are a turn off. I appreciate he does not do superchats. Makes him less of a con artist because he still has ads on his videos for Disney park content he had no hand in. Good dude overall, but his content is something to be desired at times. He tries too hard. He is the less of the offenders but still an offender.. The trackers and freshbaked and justin scarred are the biggest scammers of them all.

Yeah we get it, live streamers are con artists.

tanc

It was cool when the Tracker's went to other parks, like Tokyo Disney or Disneyland in CA, but we all know it will likely be a while until they do stuff like that again for a while. They definitely have evolved a lot into more like a food review channel recently but I really wonder if it's more of just being bored.

But other vloggers? Well probably the same thing, WDW was stagnant for quite a while and only recently are actual entertainment options really opening up.

unmitigated disaster

I'll agree with this, vloggers and streamers should never talk during rides and shows. I was watching a stream of Universal Hollywood and the streamer talked through the whole tram tour. I could see people sitting in front of him getting annoyed.
I honestly would, after a glare or two and maybe a request or two, tell them to shut the F up and let the rest of us enjoy the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom