Anyone dislike the volggers content?

PaulZ

I don't think it's an inconvenient spot. You can walk to MK and can take the monorail to Epcot. To me, that makes it more convenient than Poly or GF.

Having said that, the atmosphere is like being in a train station when you're in the main building. I don't get how people can enjoy dining at Chef Mickey's or the QS location.

I also find the Bay Lake Tower pool to be very underwhelming for a DVC resort.

Overall, I'd stay there if going to a MK party event, but it's definitely not my preferred resort for any other trip.
There’s a monorail that actually runs from Contemporary to Epcot? Or are you referring to the one at TTA?

OG Runner

I don't think it's an inconvenient spot. You can walk to MK and can take the monorail to Epcot. To me, that makes it more convenient than Poly or GF.

Having said that, the atmosphere is like being in a train station when you're in the main building. I don't get how people can enjoy dining at Chef Mickey's or the QS location.

I also find the Bay Lake Tower pool to be very underwhelming for a DVC resort.

Overall, I'd stay there if going to a MK party event, but it's definitely not my preferred resort for any other trip.

The monorail goes to the TTA from the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Contemporary. You need to get off there and get on the monorail to EPCOT. Pretty much the same. There is also now a walking path from the Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom.

Chip Chipperson

The monorail goes to the TTA from the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Contemporary. You need to get off there and get on the monorail to EPCOT. Pretty much the same. There is also now a walking path from the Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom.

I'm aware of the need to switch and the walking path from GF - but the walking path from GF is nowhere near as close as walking from the Contemporary or Bay Lake Tower. My point was simply that the Contemporary's location is no less of a problem than it is for Poly or GF and is better to me because of the very short walk to MK.

Chip Chipperson

…sounds like you actually hate it 🤪

I don't hate it, but it's lower on my list. Good location and some good TS dining, but nothing else. Actually, I would never stay in the non-DVC side. I like BLT side other than the bland pool. It would be much better with some dining in the tower besides Top of the World Lounge, though - but the walk over to the TS dining isn't exactly a burden. So I guess I like BLT and dislike the original buildings. There are definitely better ways to spend money on a resort room. I've got a couple nights booked in a 1-bedroom villa in December at Boulder Ridge for about $500 less total than the same room at BLT. Had BLT been available on points then we would have picked it, but it's overpriced when paying cash.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't hate it, but it's lower on my list. Good location and some good TS dining, but nothing else. Actually, I would never stay in the non-DVC side. I like BLT side other than the bland pool. It would be much better with some dining in the tower besides Top of the World Lounge, though - but the walk over to the TS dining isn't exactly a burden. So I guess I like BLT and dislike the original buildings. There are definitely better ways to spend money on a resort room. I've got a couple nights booked in a 1-bedroom villa in December at Boulder Ridge for about $500 less total than the same room at BLT. Had BLT been available on points then we would have picked it, but it's overpriced when paying cash.
…I use points…which is kinda the point of DVC 😉

Goofyernmost

My first visit to MK in 1983 was a very tight budget. Contemporary at the time was about $115.00 per night for a room facing MK. At the time we had saved up for two years for the trip and just couldn't justify spending that much. Justify hell, we didn't have it. However, at 35 years old I wanted to be staying there so bad I could taste it. Train station? Not hardly, monorail right through the inside of the building magic, yes! How much more cool could anything get.

Now the rates are so high I don't even want to know what they are but you know what, now I can afford to spend that much to go there, but I just don't want to. My history with 39 years of going to WDW and 45 trips is that I spend all day in the parks and I don't have any desire to spend that much just to sleep for 8 hours with my eyes closed and my body in complete stop due to exhaustion mode. I consider that just foolishness. I stayed onsite once and have had a great time every time I have gone except that one time I stayed onsite. The expense would not have changed anything except the size of my bank account. I watched the hour long review of the resorts and felt that the lady was pretty much right on and in agreement with everything that I figured each resort was.

The one I stayed at that one time was POP Century. That was a major disappointment. Basics, like room size and even limited TV was frustrating. At the time I stayed there I wanted a refrigerator and had to pay $10.00 per night extra and they had to bring one in. The only place they could put it was near the door and it blocked the ability to open the room door more than half way. It was a million mile walk to the grease pit they called the resort food court. I ordered a cheesesteak sandwich and it got to me literally floating in about a quarter inch of actual grease from the sandwich. I couldn't wait for my week to get done and I had never felt that way about a trip to WDW before. I never stayed onsite again and I also have never felt that I missed out on anything because of it. I had to stay one night at on offsite hotel that trip, probably a 3 star at best, and found the room to be twice the size of POP's and the TV got a zillion stations and included a microwave and refrigerator at no additional cost. The rate was also a third of what I paid at POP.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My first visit to MK in 1983 was a very tight budget. Contemporary at the time was about $115.00 per night for a room facing MK. At the time we had saved up for two years for the trip and just couldn't justify spending that much. Justify hell, we didn't have it. However, at 35 years old I wanted to be staying there so bad I could taste it. Train station? Not hardly, magic monorail right through the inside of the building magic, yes! How much more cool could anything get.

Now the rates are so high I don't even want to know what they are but you know what, now I can afford to spend that much to go there, but I just don't want to. My history with 39 years of going to WDW and 45 trips is that I spend all day in the parks and I don't have any desire to spend that much just to sleep for 8 hours with my eyes closed and my body in complete stop due to exhaustion mode. I consider that just foolishness. I stayed onsite once and have had a great time every time I have gone except that one time I stayed onsite. The expense would not have changed anything except the size of my bank account. I watched the hour long review of the resorts and felt that the lady was pretty much right on and in agreement with everything that I figured each resort was.

The one I stayed at that one time was POP Century. That was a major disappointment. Basics, like room size and even limited TV was frustrating. At the time I stayed there I wanted a refrigerator and had to pay $10.00 per night extra and they had to bring one in. The only place they could put it was near the door and it blocked the ability to open the room door more than half way. It was a million mile walk to the grease pit they called the resort food court. I ordered a cheesesteak sandwich and it got to me literally floating in about a quarter inch of actual grease from the sandwich. I couldn't wait for my week to get done and I had never felt that way about a trip to WDW before. I never stayed onsite again and I also have never felt that I missed out on anything because of it. I had to stay one night at on offsite hotel that trip, probably a 3 star at best, and found the room to be twice the size of POP's and the TV got a zillion stations and included a microwave and refrigerator at no additional cost. The rate was also a third of what I paid at POP.
You know what’s funny?

I Just stayed at pop for 2 after DAKL and I really enjoyed it. New rooms are nicely designed and the skyliner makes it really convenient now

hadn’t been in years

Goofyernmost

You know what’s funny?

I Just stayed at pop for 2 after DAKL and I really enjoyed it. New rooms are nicely designed and the skyliner makes it really convenient now

hadn’t been in years
It was in around 2005, so I'm sure they did something about it since then. I know that the Microwave and Fridge is now included as well it should be and should have been at the time I went. I realize that some of the resorts, perhaps all of them now are a good experience, but I feel the cost just isn't justified especially for the type of guest that I am. I go there strictly for the parks. Nothing else matters to me. The rooms I get offsite aren't getto, but they are not Grand Floridian level either, but it doesn't matter because I didn't go there for the room. That I can get anywhere. I went for the parks and there is only one place in the world where you can go to WDW Theme Parks and that is WDW. I did the same thing when I went to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. The hotel is of no importance to me. If it is clean and comfortable I am only there to sleep. All the amenities are of no use to me.

I also have never been all that impressed with the quality of food there either. I felt that I could get a much larger variety of food choices offsite for far less money and that managed to keep my indigestion down. Personally I want to go just to WDW to ride the gondola's from end to end. And now the 220 Restaurant, but I will get heartburn with a $55.00 lunch but it seems like fun, once. And for those that managed to ride Mission to Mars or Mission to the Moon years ago doesn't that elevator ride up to the Restaurant give you feelings of déjà vu.

Tornat

youtube in general imo has gone down hill not just on Disney stuff but on a'lot of things so much click bait nonsense (DFB spam videos) now days . I use to watch the DIS and tim tracker and they were good when you wanted to see some video on something pacific on how something works but at lest for me I don't bother with them anymore. These days I like my info like this website does I can skim through it in a few mins.

Ayla

It was in around 2005, so I'm sure they did something about it since then. I know that the Microwave and Fridge is now included as well it should be and should have been at the time I went. I realize that some of the resorts, perhaps all of them now are a good experience, but I feel the cost just isn't justified especially for the type of guest that I am. I go there strictly for the parks. Nothing else matters to me. The rooms I get offsite aren't getto, but they are not Grand Floridian level either, but it doesn't matter because I didn't go there for the room. That I can get anywhere. I went for the parks and there is only one place in the world where you can go to WDW Theme Parks and that is WDW. I did the same thing when I went to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. The hotel is of no importance to me. If it is clean and comfortable I am only there to sleep. All the amenities are of no use to me.

I also have never been all that impressed with the quality of food there either. I felt that I could get a much larger variety of food choices offsite for far less money and that managed to keep my indigestion down. Personally I want to go just to WDW to ride the gondola's from end to end. And now the 220 Restaurant, but I will get heartburn with a $55.00 lunch but it seems like fun, once. And for those that managed to ride Mission to Mars or Mission to the Moon years ago doesn't that elevator ride up to the Restaurant give you feelings of déjà vu.
The only Disney rooms with microwaves are DVC and family suites.

Goofyernmost

The only Disney rooms with microwaves are DVC and family suites.
So it is worse then I thought. Offsite on 192 is where $50.00 per night rooms have both. Maybe doesn't have plastic character statues but has comfortable beds and since I drive there and when I didn't I rented a car, transportation is always a 10.

Jrb1979

youtube in general imo has gone down hill not just on Disney stuff but on a'lot of things so much click bait nonsense (DFB spam videos) now days . I use to watch the DIS and tim tracker and they were good when you wanted to see some video on something pacific on how something works but at lest for me I don't bother with them anymore. These days I like my info like this website does I can skim through it in a few mins.
For Disney most have gone downhill. I watch more other amusement park vlogs. I'm more interested in construction updates on new attractions over seeing people walk around a park.

BHF

I enjoy the ones who give a nice helping of theme park content, but don't do JUST theme parks. I mentioned Adam the Woo earlier as a great example of mixing it up and keeping it interesting for travel in general. Justin Scarred is another example, though I have to take him in smaller doses to keep from getting a migraine. The super enthusiastic girl used to be like this, back when she would do videos on southern Florida, the Keys, and not ALL theme parks ALL the time like now. RTV1 I used to enjoy before they started using their Patreon to sell Disney IP audio which I find a little shady, also some practices with their sponsor I won't get into. Carpetbagger is another really interesting one who explores a lot of neat places, not just the parks. Tim Tracker I don't dislike nor watch often.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I enjoy the ones who give a nice helping of theme park content, but don't do JUST theme parks. I mentioned Adam the Woo earlier as a great example of mixing it up and keeping it interesting for travel in general. Justin Scarred is another example, though I have to take him in smaller doses to keep from getting a migraine. The super enthusiastic girl used to be like this, back when she would do videos on southern Florida, the Keys, and not ALL theme parks ALL the time like now. RTV1 I used to enjoy before they started using their Patreon to sell Disney IP audio which I find a little shady, also some practices with their sponsor I won't get into. Carpetbagger is another really interesting one who explores a lot of neat places, not just the parks. Tim Tracker I don't dislike nor watch often.
I fully agree with all of this except Justin Scarred. I refuse to watch him at all because I know I will get a headache every time.

BHF

I fully agree with all of this except Justin Scarred. I refuse to watch him at all because I know I will get a headache every time.
It's not really him as a person. He does a good job as an informative host. His humor would work too....if he would just SLOW THE HECK DOWN some!
I don't know if it's his method, or just how he edits, throwing it all together, but it just seems so tense.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
It's not really him as a person. He does a good job as an informative host. His humor would work too....if he would just SLOW THE HECK DOWN some!
I don't know if it's his method, or just how he edits, throwing it all together, but it just seems so tense.
I think that just his "thing". I've seen him in other videos with groups of vloggers and he acts normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom