Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

Annielkd

This is just plain false. The fastpass line will not be an hour, or anything close to that. You are not being physically restricted. You are being slightly inconvenienced.

Last April when I went, the fast pass line took 1 hour and 15 minutes. I'm being completely honest Have you ever gone in April at Easter??? Trust me the fast pass line is horrible.

Annielkd

If they think it's a big enough problem I think they could screen out most of the cheaters without making it so cumbersome as to deter too many of the valid cases. Following your suggestion, require an application in advance, where you have to list the contact info for a doctor that can verify the condition. Very few cheaters will have the nerve to apply if they think there's a chance they might show up for their card at Guest Relations only to be told face to face that their info didn't check out as truthful. It wouldn't take much actual spot checking to make the system credible. Maybe check out 1 in every 50 or so applications. Keep a database so anyone who is verified once is permanently verified.

This would cost Disney something, so it all depends on just how serious they think the cheating problem is. They shouldn't assume there are a lot of cheaters just because they issue a lot of cards. Disney has a reputation for being disability-friendly so maybe we just go more often than disability-free families.

Something needs to be done. I did have documentation with me... but, chose only to ask for assistance once to see the fireworks at Epcot. Because I can't and shouldn't stand for an hour, I found out from a VERY NICE worker there that they have a place for handicapped people to sit. I showed up, showed my paperwork and was let in. Guess what? They had about seven KIDS sitting on the bench who were with their grandparents. These kids were not the ones handicapped at all. Yet, I had to try to sit on the back of the bench so I could at least support the worst leg. At no time did their parents tell them to sit on the ground or stand. I do realize that their grandmother was genuinely disabled... but, they really have to make it so that people who need to sit can. If there were a sick/injured or even austic child there I could understand, but the system is totally taken advantage by people who do not need to use the services. The woman who worked the ropes asked me if I wanted her to say something... but honestly, people have to look out for other people.

disneyeater

Last April when I went, the fast pass line took 1 hour and 15 minutes. I'm being completely honest Have you ever gone in April at Easter??? Trust me the fast pass line is horrible.

If they are now enforcing return times, I don't see how this could be possible unless they are letting too many standby riders go before fastpass users. I experienced this once at Kali River Rapids. They would let like 30 standby go and then 2 groups of fastpass users.

lazyboy97o

OMG- It better be open by at least September 28th or my husband said he will never visit Disney again!:(
This attitude is exactly why the attractions are so often allowed to just rot. Why be so selfish? Is not waiting for a better experience than being instantly gratified by a lesser one?

GLaDOS

OMG- It better be open by at least September 28th or my husband said he will never visit Disney again!:(

Is your husband an 8 year old?

I mean seriously, there are literally dozens of other rides across the property, and your husband will swear the place off because one is closed.

No wonder the parks are rotting away due to fear of closing attractions for refurbishment.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Shouldn't have happened. That is most likely due to a ride failure, not the way FP operates. The number of FPs handed out per hour of park operating time doesn't change when crowds go up, so, as long as you get a FP, the wait time should be the same no matter what time of year it is.

Gregoryp73

Do you know if there was any intention to put more WOM elements in the refurb, or was that just blown out of proportion?

There just seems like there is so much possibilty with TT and yet, nothin.

I'm hoping they would do something to the outside portion so you're not staring at backstage while the car is accelerating. Always thought that was out of character for disney.

Annielkd

Shouldn't have happened. That is most likely due to a ride failure, not the way FP operates. The number of FPs handed out per hour of park operating time doesn't change when crowds go up, so, as long as you get a FP, the wait time should be the same no matter what time of year it is.

I'll take your word for it, but even in August when we went there the lines for fast pass were exceptionally long. I wonder if their instituting the strict time frame will help this. I wonder if people were there with fast passes from hours before. I can tell you this only has happened for Soaring... no other ride. (Except Rocking Rollercoaster... but that was a ride malfunction.)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
If they think it's a big enough problem I think they could screen out most of the cheaters without making it so cumbersome as to deter too many of the valid cases. Following your suggestion, require an application in advance, where you have to list the contact info for a doctor that can verify the condition. Very few cheaters will have the nerve to apply if they think there's a chance they might show up for their card at Guest Relations only to be told face to face that their info didn't check out as truthful. It wouldn't take much actual spot checking to make the system credible. Maybe check out 1 in every 50 or so applications. Keep a database so anyone who is verified once is permanently verified.

This would cost Disney something, so it all depends on just how serious they think the cheating problem is. They shouldn't assume there are a lot of cheaters just because they issue a lot of cards. Disney has a reputation for being disability-friendly so maybe we just go more often than disability-free families.

After reading so many of these suggestions I randomly choose this one. It is not legal for any one to demand proof of your disability. The Americans Disability Act protects the privacy of people with disabilities. The same goes for service dogs. A resturant etc. cannot demand your proof of need of a service dog. It is a slippery slope for Disney Legal as they could be fighting of discriminating against a certain class of disabilities. As much as the higher ups of Disney wants to cut back on the Special Cards. Right now Disney is trying hard to defend themselves with the Americans with visual disabilities for Disney's lack of amenities to assist them. I can't imagine Disney Legal wanting to parse through at City Hall who they are going to randomly not give a card to. Nightmare.

Disney does have a good chunk of Guests daily with disabilities and even more during school recess times. There is a whole facility for Make a Wish down in the Orlando area as it is the number one, by far destination for Make a Wish children. MAW knows how to guide the guests through the process.

On a side note it can be a temporary condition too. My DD when 5 fell indoors AKL. She was ok except for the two worst skinned knee's I've seen. Walking was way too painful so we rented a wheel chair in the parks as it was too much for her Daddy to carry her all day. CM's could see what the issue was and had pitty on her. About half the time they offered or almost insisted we go through the ADA accessible entrance, we always declined however a few attractions CM's down right insisted.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you know if there was any intention to put more WOM elements in the refurb, or was that just blown out of proportion?

There just seems like there is so much possibilty with TT and yet, nothin.

Everything I've seen so far points to the future. But that's not to say the ride wont start in the past. Wouldn't be the first time we've looked back at tomorrow!

jtosa15

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but Disney does post "Operational Updates" on the park calendars on their official website, and there's no mention of the Test Track closure. They do have closures listed for a number of other attractions well in advance (e.g. Liberty Square Riverboat starting April 16th and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin on June 27th), so it does seem a little strange they wouldn't have Test Track listed on there.

Magic Kingdom
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20120430

Epcot
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20120430

tehSAC

I keep hoping this will be pushed back. As I've said I've never been on it so it would be great if it was open in may.

Skippy

Everything I've seen so far points to the future. But that's not to say the ride wont start in the past. Wouldn't be the first time we've looked back at tomorrow!

Wouldn't that be something! I guess I've lost faith in that vision being present in future world.. besides innoventions here and there I don't know what else really captures that. (M:S probably could have been, had it not scrapped the pavilion). But that is definitely an exciting thought.

G00fyDad

Is your husband an 8 year old?

I mean seriously, there are literally dozens of other rides across the property, and your husband will swear the place off because one is closed.

No wonder the parks are rotting away due to fear of closing attractions for refurbishment.

I'm pretty sure that it was just an expression of frustration. No, her husband is not 8 years old. But by asking that question maybe your age should be questioned. It's pretty obvious that it was a one-off statement and made as a gesture of exasperation toward his favorite ride being closed. I doubt that they will stop going to Disney just because of one ride being closed. Talk about taking things too seriously. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom