Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

Annielkd

Barnie

Barnie is a big purple dinosaur... it's a kids program. My comparison is saying that I wouldn't really want to go if these rides are not open and as a Disney Vacation Club Member, I CAN'T get a refund past 30 days.... so it's too late for one.
In reference to not "physically being restricted from the rides" actually, I am. I have severe arthrits and I am not able to stand for long periods of time. At this point I have never asked for a disability pass becaue I don't feel I'm at that point yet. I can't wait in line for an hour and I'm sure that the line even for the fast pass will be at least that long. So, yes, I am being physically restricted from the rides.

nepalostparks

Barnie is a big purple dinosaur... it's a kids program. My comparison is saying that I wouldn't really want to go if these rides are not open and as a Disney Vacation Club Member, I CAN'T get a refund past 30 days.... so it's too late for one.
In reference to not "physically being restricted from the rides" actually, I am. I have severe arthrits and I am not able to stand for long periods of time. At this point I have never asked for a disability pass becaue I don't feel I'm at that point yet. I can't wait in line for an hour and I'm sure that the line even for the fast pass will be at least that long. So, yes, I am being physically restricted from the rides.

FASTPASS lines will very unlikely be half that long, let alone an hour long. That's the point of FASTPASS - it "reserves" a spot in line for you, so when you come back later, you do not need to wait as long.

Secondly, you are more than welcome to get a Guest Assistance Card should you feel you need it. There is no reason for anyone to suffer, which is why this program exists.

Should you choose not to use FASTPASS, or not to obtain a Guest Assistance Card, then you are the one who is restricting yourself from these attractions. Your self restriction is not the fault of Disney, or anyone else for that matter.

disnyfan89

FASTPASS lines will very unlikely be half that long, let alone an hour long. That's the point of FASTPASS - it "reserves" a spot in line for you, so when you come back later, you do not need to wait as long.

Secondly, you are more than welcome to get a Guest Assistance Card should you feel you need it. There is no reason for anyone to suffer, which is why this program exists.

Should you choose not to use FASTPASS, or not to obtain a Guest Assistance Card, then you are the one who is restricting yourself from these attractions. Your self restriction is not the fault of Disney, or anyone else for that matter.

It should be noted that the guest assistance card does not eliminate waits and the program over all as a whole is currently being looked at for elimination. All four parks have been tracking the amount of cards given out and the number for the first week alone was far above an amount legal is happy with. It also has been passed along to several GR CM that Tom Staggs himself has recently made an executive decision regarding a replacement.

Annielkd

fast pass

I've only gone to Disney during higher than normal occupancy. Last year I got a fast pass and had to wait over an hour in that line. Because of that I wasn't able to enjoy anything else that day. I did recover for the following day. I find myself fortunate that I'm able to walk around and would like to hold off on asking for a disability pass for as long as possible (due to pride). But, I've always had a long wait in Soaring even with the fast pass system. BUT, that might just be because of the timing of my trip (with all the vacations) Anyway... we probably will walk over there and get one fast pass, but in the past with both Test track and Soaring opperational I was able to go on those rides once without a pass and once with the pass. I don't think that will be possible in Test track is down, there really aren't that many rides in Epcot, and the world showcase doesn't even open until 11. Maybe they will wait until after the early morning day :) Who knows... Disney isn't saying. (Which was my whole issue... them not saying) I have to plan everything pretty carefully ahead of time.

Annielkd

It should be noted that the guest assistance card does not eliminate waits and the program over all as a whole is currently being looked at for elimination. All four parks have been tracking the amount of cards given out and the number for the first week alone was far above an amount legal is happy with. It also has been passed along to several GR CM that Tom Staggs himself has recently made an executive decision regarding a replacement.

I have always planned to never ask for one until I am completely unable to get around on my own. I don't like seeing 20 people flash a card and go to the front of the line while one person walks better than me from their wheel chair. I can still walk... and I plan to continue to do so for as long as possible! :)

nepalostparks

It may not eliminate the wait, but can offer a more comfortable option of waiting for the guest, as opposed to standing in line. My point was that with the GAC, the physical barrier of waiting in line is removed for a guest who is unable to stand for long periods of time due to a medical issue.

nepalostparks

I've only gone to Disney during higher than normal occupancy. Last year I got a fast pass and had to wait over an hour in that line. Because of that I wasn't able to enjoy anything else that day. I did recover for the following day. I find myself fortunate that I'm able to walk around and would like to hold off on asking for a disability pass for as long as possible (due to pride). But, I've always had a long wait in Soaring even with the fast pass system. BUT, that might just be because of the timing of my trip (with all the vacations) Anyway... we probably will walk over there and get one fast pass, but in the past with both Test track and Soaring opperational I was able to go on those rides once without a pass and once with the pass. I don't think that will be possible in Test track is down, there really aren't that many rides in Epcot, and the world showcase doesn't even open until 11. Maybe they will wait until after the early morning day :) Who knows... Disney isn't saying. (Which was my whole issue... them not saying) I have to plan everything pretty carefully ahead of time.

I have always planned to never ask for one until I am completely unable to get around on my own. I don't like seeing 20 people flash a card and go to the front of the line while one person walks better than me from their wheel chair. I can still walk... and I plan to continue to do so for as long as possible! :)

I can appreciate your decision to not get a Guest Assistance Card, and it certainly is a personal decision that only you can decide upon.

But to be fair, the option is available to you (and any guest), and your choice not to use it and thereby miss an attraction with a longer queue wait time is not Disney's fault.

Whatever you decide, I hope your upcoming trip is a great one :wave:

WDW1974

Yeah. Riiiiiight.....
:rolleyes:

On topic, if this is true it is a pure PR move. I can imagine some in management balking at having two major E-tickets down at the same time.
True, they are in different parks, but imagine how it would look if all the first-timers returned home complaining about all the closed rides and construction walls.
I repeat...:rolleyes:

I notice you did not deny you are an Imagineer.

Merfie was/is right!

~Lee lies!~

Hrudey3032

You can say that there are a ton of rides in Disney world. I have 4 favorites. I go there for those 4 rides. With Big Thunder Mountain down, I'm never going to be able to get on Splash Mountain. If Test Track is down, I'll never get on Soaring. By closing those two rides, they knock out the possibility of going on all four. It's not all about the closing, it's about the notification. I can't cancel my trip now. Had I known that those two rides would be down, I would have. It's about notifiying people so they can make an educated choice. I told the person from customer service that he wouldn't want to go to an adventure movie, pay for that move, and be told oops... it's broken, watch Barnie instead. Anything can break at any time. I get that. But, to plan it and not tell people is irresponsible!

Someone is always going to feel this way.They have to make plans at some point and sadly it was during your trip. Still it is a business and has happened forever.It wasn't announced and suddenly shut down it was planned.

alissafalco

Please don't think that way because you don't know why those people have those cards. My daughter was born with congenital heart disease and she has had 4 open heart surgeries and a 5th one coming up and she is only 20 months old. I am telling you this because we took her to Disney this past Nov. and got one of those cards because we have to give her frequent medications throughout the day and because of her surgeries she cant sit up or stand for long periods of time. I must tell you though that people from the outside would have no idea what she has been through. She looks just like a normal todler in a carriage and you can not tell anything is wrong with her. I'm sure people like you thought the same thing about us when we went to the front of the line but people did not know she spent almost half her life in a hospital bed (we finally got clearance from her dr.'s to travel) and that she has these very serious medical problems.
(thats my husband and I holding her in front on the castle in my profile pic)

The Duck

This is TT ... right?

The most overrated attraction in WDW history!

~Yeah, I know I'm in the minority!~

Considering that most of TT has all the charm of cruising around in a downtown parking garage, I would say that calling it "overrated" is being kind.

Skipper Dan

Considering that most of TT has all the charm of cruising around in a downtown parking garage, I would say that calling it "overrated" is being kind.

That's funny you say that, 'cause everytime I'm in a parking garage, I feel like I'm in TT, lol! :ROFLOL:

... and I'm not dissing it, TT is one of my favorite attractions. I like going into parking garages, makes me feel like I'm in Disney! :lol: :lookaroun :lol:

Annielkd

Please don't think that way because you don't know why those people have those cards. My daughter was born with congenital heart disease and she has had 4 open heart surgeries and a 5th one coming up and she is only 20 months old. I am telling you this because we took her to Disney this past Nov. and got one of those cards because we have to give her frequent medications throughout the day and because of her surgeries she cant sit up or stand for long periods of time. I must tell you though that people from the outside would have no idea what she has been through. She looks just like a normal todler in a carriage and you can not tell anything is wrong with her. I'm sure people like you thought the same thing about us when we went to the front of the line but people did not know she spent almost half her life in a hospital bed (we finally got clearance from her dr.'s to travel) and that she has these very serious medical problems.
(thats my husband and I holding her in front on the castle in my profile pic)

I only said that because I've personally asked people about this. Every single time (this is with an older adult) they said they got it for their grandmother who wasn't even with them. I told several people (after I saw them switch who was going to ride) that this wasn't what it was designed for. If I ever saw a young person in a chair, I would never think it wasn't for something dire. I would HATE for my son to need this kind of assistance. You are right, there are people who do need this. That's what it's for. However, when you go.... look around and see the people switching who is going to ride... it's insulting.

celluloid

I just read from another site that the TT redo maybe cancelled.

It sure seems to be downplayed considering Disney has not released any more information or just re-releasing the same information as a hype for the new stuff coming if nothing else.

There are enough CM's around here that should of heard of a new location if they are closing any time soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom