Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

montyz81

This kind of attitude always amazes me. It sounds as if one or two major attractions being down is going to ruin the whole trip and there will not be anything to do, when there are numerous other shows, attractions and miscellaneous things to see and do at the parks.

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I found the following counts of the park attractions:
Magic Kingdom
Rides 20 Shows 10

Hollywood Studios
Rides 6 Shows 9

Epcot
10 Rides 12 Shows

Animal Kingdom
7 Rides 4 Shows

That doesn't include the water parks and Disney Quest, plus other recreation activities around the resort including boat rental, fishing, horseback riding, tours, etc. I mean, there's so much to do, why would you want to go that other place? ;)

I'm only half serious here. It's your money and your free to spend it as you wish, but my point here is more aimed at people who cry that their whole vacation is ruined because _______ is down. (Fill in the blank)

I guess I didn't explain myself well enough. My son is becoming a roller coaster fan (10 years old). That's the reason behind considering a second day at Universal. He hasn't quite graduated to the dark roller coasters yet so that really just leaves Everest and Primeval whirl, TT (I know TT isn't a roller coaster, but it is the same type of exhilaration), Splash and KRR. Universal has many more coaster options for someone like him.

Annielkd

http://www..com/2012/04/02/disney-pr-stating-june-16th-test-track-close-to-orlando-sentinel/

Thank you for that posting. I've spoken with them many times, and they keep saying they don't have a date... they say it will be sometime in April. Obviously, they knew this and didn't share the information.

G00fyDad

Sarcasm is not your friend I see.

I love sarcasm. Antagonistic comments on the other hand..... not so much. But you're more than welcome to coat the comments you made any way you feel that makes you not seem that way. :rolleyes:

Actually, I personally would have cancelled my trip if both Test Track and Big thunder mountain was closed prior to learning about the Guest Assistance Pass (from this post)... so maybe other people feel the same way????

Four question marks? Wow. Must have hit a little nerve. I think that anyone that would be willing to cancel a trip because two rides are down should do just that. Cancel the trip. It would make for more room in the parks. ;)

GLaDOS

I love sarcasm. Antagonistic comments on the other hand..... not so much. But you're more than welcome to coat the comments you made any way you feel that makes you not seem that way. :rolleyes:

Clearly I should have used more smilies. Does this help?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

case88

Look two posts up. #190 ;)

Yeah..saw that...just further stressing the fact that a major refurb is not acknowledged on wdw's calendar, but a small little refurb months away is. :shrug:

It shouldn't be a "woops, forgot to put that little bit of info up on the calendar..."

Annielkd

Four question marks? Wow. Must have hit a little nerve. I think that anyone that would be willing to cancel a trip because two rides are down should do just that. Cancel the trip. It would make for more room in the parks. ;)[/QUOTE]

You didn't hit a nerve at all... I was just saying that someone might feel that way. I didn't know prior to this about the GAC so I couldn't physically go on Soaring if Test Track was closed. If it works out, I might be able to go on that... and I felt the same way about Splash mountain. I can't physically stand for a long period of time and felt the other rides would be crazy long. I have enough documentation (and physical proof) to hopefully get some assistance. I've heard that there are places you can wait instead of standing... so that's why I said I would have cancelled prior to this. If I wasn't going to be able to get on ANY ride... what would be the reason to go?

G00fyDad

Clearly I should have used more smilies. Does this help?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes. Thank you. That does help. (just a hint..... that was sarcasm.) ;)

You didn't hit a nerve at all... I was just saying that someone might feel that way. I didn't know prior to this about the GAC so I couldn't physically go on Soaring if Test Track was closed. If it works out, I might be able to go on that... and I felt the same way about Splash mountain. I can't physically stand for a long period of time and felt the other rides would be crazy long. I have enough documentation (and physical proof) to hopefully get some assistance. I've heard that there are places you can wait instead of standing... so that's why I said I would have cancelled prior to this. If I wasn't going to be able to get on ANY ride... what would be the reason to go?

I apologize. My mistake. I understand that if you were not able to ride anything that there would be little point in going. But not if it were just one or two rides.

katarn112

I don't buy it until we get it straight from Disney. People keep giving the excuse that the website is "notorious" for not putting information up in time, but they have the Buzz Lightyear refurbishment dates in June up already, but not the Test Track refurb that's supposedly going to start 2 weeks from now? Really?

nepalostparks

I don't buy it until we get it straight from Disney. People keep giving the excuse that the website is "notorious" for not putting information up in time, but they have the Buzz Lightyear refurbishment dates in June up already, but not the Test Track refurb that's supposedly going to start 2 weeks from now? Really?

Really.

katarn112

Four question marks? Wow. Must have hit a little nerve. I think that anyone that would be willing to cancel a trip because two rides are down should do just that. Cancel the trip. It would make for more room in the parks. ;)

That's kind of mean, but yeah, those of us who don't get to go as often tend to get a little ticked off when Disney gives us so little notice on when a headliner is closing. I would have at least moved the dates on our trip.

G00fyDad

That's kind of mean, but yeah, those of us who don't get to go as often tend to get a little ticked off when Disney gives us so little notice on when a headliner is closing. I would have at least moved the dates on our trip.

I get being upset, heck, even mad. But canceling trips for one or two rides being down? I understand what you're saying about rescheduling trips. I might even do that. I actually have before. But there is so much to do at Disney that one or two rides, even E-tickets, being down wouldn't cause many to cancel trips.

It seems that there is always at least one E-ticket closed for refurb on each of our trips. We only go every other year any more and it does annoy us to see these rides closed. But I look at it as Disney at least doing something to the parks instead of allowing them to fall apart.

Annielkd

Yes. Thank you. That does help. (just a hint..... that was sarcasm.) ;)

I apologize. My mistake. I understand that if you were not able to ride anything that there would be little point in going. But not if it were just one or two rides.

Thank you for saying that. I appreciate it. I'll find out what can be done when I go to customer service. If I can go on anything, I'll be happy. I generally can get into Mickey's Phillharmonics (sp) and Beauty and the Beast... but, everything else has too long of a wait and I have to sit out. It's frustrating to sit on a rock or wall and watch your family have fun! I've heard that they have alternate waiting areas... if that's the case, I won't mind at all. I've actually been on Test Track... so I won't mind missing it this time.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Test Track as a headliner? I don't know about that. IMO it is the weakest attraction in an already weak future world. Not counting the disaster that is Imagination.

RSoxNo1

Test Track as a headliner? I don't know about that. IMO it is the weakest attraction in an already weak future world. Not counting the disaster that is Imagination.

Quality of the attraction is purely opinion, but popularity is undeniable. Test Track is #2 in popularity relative to it's capacity. It is the second highest demand attraction in Future World next to Soarin'.

G00fyDad

Quality of the attraction is purely opinion, but popularity is undeniable. Test Track is #2 in popularity relative to it's capacity. It is the second highest demand attraction in Future World next to Soarin'.

Absolutely. We get to EPCOT at opening and go straight to TT while my wife (who loathes fast moving rides because of motion sickness) go to get FPs at Soarin' for the rest of us. After TT, we go to MS, and then on to Soarin' and Living with the Land. If Soarin's is a 20 or less wait then we save the FP or give them away. By the time we have gotten off TT, our first ride, the line is already getting longer and longer.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

True. There is no denying its popularity. Although, we can debate the reason for said popularity.

IMO, the popularity is tied to the lack quality options. This has been debated before, do there is no reason to rehash.

What I should have said is, To me, TT is not a headliner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom