Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

mco65

Raven24 and Flynn both answered way better than I stated it. ;)

Think of it like this: WDW is Cinderella; she's the prettiest, sings like a bird, feet that can slip into glass slippers and is far superior than her horse faced stepsisters. But she's still holding the broom, sharing a room with mice, while horse face gets all the gifts. All because of the stepmother.
Excellent analogy. I am a big fan of both parks but DL is a long weekend, WDW is a week plus vacation.

jt04

You can't be serious. You can't honestly believe John Lasseter cares just as much about WDW as he does DLR.

Certainly, and don't call me serious.

Put yourself in his shoes. If you were allowed input into a WDI project would you really care where it will be located? In my best John McEnroe, "YOU CAN"T BE SERIOUS!"

:cool:

Californian Elitist

Certainly, and don't call me serious.

Put yourself in his shoes. If you were allowed input into a WDI project would you really care where it will be located? In my best John McEnroe, "YOU CAN"T BE SERIOUS!"

:cool:

You don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say. What hass John Lasseter done for WDW? I can't seem to think of anything, maybe you can help me.

jt04

What else?

He has talked extensively about the purpose for building the FLE and the nextgen queues at the MK. My guess is he not only is a creative consultant but he serves as the eyes and ears for Iger at WDI. Which means he is likely involved in every single major project at WDI to one degree or another. Including Avatar I am sure.

FrankLapidus

He has talked extensively about the purpose for building the FLE and the nextgen queues at the MK. My guess is he not only is a creative consultant but he serves as the eyes and ears for Iger at WDI. Which means he is likely involved in every single major project at WDI to one degree or another. Including Avatar I am sure.

I would agree that he has been involved in the FLE but I can't see him having much to do with Avatar which James Cameron and Joe Rohde have the creative lead on (I could be wrong but that's just my take on it as things stand now). Personally, I'd like to see Lasseter concentrate on DHS and expanding Pixar Place beyound the sliver of land it currently occupies.

jt04

I would agree that he has been involved in the FLE but I can't see him having much to do with Avatar which James Cameron and Joe Rohde have the creative lead on (I could be wrong but that's just my take on it as things stand now). Personally, I'd like to see Lasseter concentrate on DHS and expanding Pixar Place beyound the sliver of land it currently occupies.

I am sure he would not be overwhelmed by throwing out suggestions here and there. But yeah, I would think his forte' would be Pixar related.

I still say JL cares more and has a better connection with Disneyland.

Likely but it is obvious he is a professional who cares about his legacy. You do not rise through the ranks like he has without bringing the 'A game' to every situation.

invader

Jessica....

Yes, and show me the awesome new Lasseter led attractions at WDW... A Potter Swatter... Anything? McFly?

Did he even lead Carsland though? I thought he gave insight and sent a team from Pixar to work with WDI. And he has helped with FLE. Ever heard of Lasseter Lookout in Storybook?

tdpolo26

so turning the car around and back on to test track..... anything new cooking up for tt i hope we can get a project update at somepoint. I kinda wonder how much they have taken out? what is already installed? I know they sent all the vehicles out to get worked on.
On a side note something that kinda has been bugging me. Why dont they build alot of this stuff on the side before they even close a ride like test track. I mean theoretically most the sets could be more or less pre built then installed. Maybe they have already done this. i just think for what seems to be switch the sets up and change the bodies on the cars shouldnt leave a ride down for 6 to prolly 8 months. As far as i have red there is no new track or changes. by the way i had a crazy idea lol they should build a donut shape around the building and make a it a circular omnimover ride that is the cue. Then you could bring back all the all horizons stuff and just go in a circle now that would be a interactive cue.

TP2000

You do know that he is no longer working on the Jungle Cruise right? He has been given new responsibilities. Including at WDI.

HELLLLLOOOO. Anyone there? :rolleyes:

You do know John Lasseter's college-age son currently works on the Disneyland Jungle Cruise, right?

Seriously, the kid does. And Dad thinks juniors spiel and jokes are pretty good! (Of course, any Dad would think their son's jokes on the Jungle Cruise are great, but Lasseter probably has the most unique spin on that concept.) The word on Disneyland boards is that the young Lasseter is a great CM to work with, very polite and humble, and really does have some pretty good timing on his Jungle Cruise patter. He's reportedly worked at Disneyland as a ride operator for several years now, while he attends college.

RSoxNo1

"[John Lasseter] doesn't care about [Florida] people." - Kanye

You do know John Lasseter's college-age son currently works on the Disneyland Jungle Cruise, right?

Seriously, the kid does. And Dad thinks juniors spiel and jokes are pretty good! (Of course, any Dad would think their son's jokes on the Jungle Cruise are great, but Lasseter probably has the most unique spin on that concept.) The word on Disneyland boards is that the young Lasseter is a great CM to work with, very polite and humble, and really does have some pretty good timing on his Jungle Cruise patter. He's reportedly worked at Disneyland as a ride operator for several years now, while he attends college.

What's his son's name? Also did anything ever come out of the JohnOfTheJungle site? The payoff was supposed to be an invite to tomorrow's festivities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom