Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

misterID

- Changes to the attraction itself...this is where things get ultra sketchy. Some say the entire attraction inside will be gutted and redone (because most of the new sets are being finished offsite and shipped in), some say only certain scenes will be gone. When you think about it, it makes sense cause if you're designing a car in the queue, certain scenes make no sense to have (the semi, the environmental chambers especially come to mind).

From what I've read Test Track will be closed from April till September. It will be sponsered by Chevrolet and basically the entire ride will be gutted except for the actual track and redone. Cars will be redone and badged with the Chevy bow tie.

I really, really hope this is true.

NoChesterHester

While I am really hoping for an on time opening of September 21st (our last day of our trip is the 22nd), I understand the need to bring this one down. I can wait until next trip if it is a redo worthy of the wait...

LowesChevy

While I am really hoping for an on time opening of September 21st (our last day of our trip is the 22nd), I understand the need to bring this one down. I can wait until next trip if it is a redo worthy of the wait...

ITA, we will be down the week of 23-30th.

I love TT, but I would like to see a new preshow and queue area. The queue area is brutal-people crowding everywhere, getting squished. I like orderly lines lol.

disneyeater

I have never seen the pre-show or the queue so I will be disappointed if that is all they change. I am hoping they change at least a few of the scenes in the ride.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It sounds like it'll be a really good refurb. The ride really needs it, it's in it's early stages of beginning to get outdated..

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

mitchk

If it does go down for this rehad/redo :lookaroun It will not be open by Sept :( I'll be there the same time you are ( I leave Sept 26th to come home), but trust me, if it closes, it won't be open when we are there :cry:

MissMorrow

I've only been on Test Track once and took the single rider line which went right to the cars. I didn't even see the pre-show movie.

Dan

Yep. You go straight through to the loading area. They don't force you to watch the pre-show anymore.

Before they changed that I wound up in there by myself once. It was a little :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom