Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

thelookingglass

People assume that if it hasn't been mentioned in a while, it would be canceled?! I doubt it at this point. So much money has already been spent on this...
Well, the thing is, Disney's track record for announcing something and actually doing it hasn't been the greatest lately...

TheDisneyMagic

It is just one of those things in life that has to be done, whether an attraction is having maintenance or being rebuild there will always be times where things are not open. It is no different to your local Train system or Swimming pool or even Supermarket.

Things at times have to be closed, yes Disney could and should be able to deal with attractions being down (Looking at you DAK) and people may be a little upset if things are down during their trip. The point being though, whenever something is not open, it will affect some one.

star1991

My main point wasn't that disney seriously hates epcot and I also said I know that refurbs are happening all the time..guess everything said on here is taken completely literally. I was more pointing out something other people hadn't which is the wait times and I figured the "lame..." at the end was enough to show that I am just a disappointed guest sharing my opinion like everyone else, not a raving idiot who thinks disney is out to get me. :(

awhit066

Things at times have to be closed, yes Disney could and should be able to deal with attractions being down (Looking at you DAK) and people may be a little upset if things are down during their trip. The point being though, whenever something is not open, it will affect some one.

:ROFLOL: Heehee loved it!

ToTBellHop

My main point wasn't that disney seriously hates epcot and I also said I know that refurbs are happening all the time..guess everything said on here is taken completely literally. I was more pointing out something other people hadn't which is the wait times and I figured the "lame..." at the end was enough to show that I am just a disappointed guest sharing my opinion like everyone else, not a raving idiot who thinks disney is out to get me. :(
If a ride has to close for 6 months, it is unfortunately going to be closed during some busy time periods. I think summer is the most logical pick, since Test Track closes during thunderstorms, which occur daily (often for hours) in the summer.

If you really want to go during a time when EVERYTHING is open, you are pretty much left with Christmas. But if it's not worth it to you to wait 2 hours for Maelstrom (longer for everything else), then closures will happen. It's actually a LOVE of the theme parks that allows projects like this to occur. Pointing out Journey into Imagination would better prove your point...

And yes, on forums such as these, we literally take what you literally write as being literally your true feelings. And your true feelings come across as something like, "Disney hates me and my Disney vacation and my trips to Epcot in particular because they are daring to have an E-ticket or two closed during my vacation during which I am entitled to ride every E-ticket. They should have decided to close Test Track during someone else's vacation."

janoimagine

But haven't they already made all the new shells for the cars?

Yes, and they have an approved budget, concept and timetable approved through the GM Board and WDI / TDO, my only thought is they don't want to advertise it possibly due to people changing vacation plans if their favorite ride is going to be down, Test Track draws a huge crowd ... its a thin theory at best but as far as I know the refurb is still 100% a go. :shrug:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The rumoured date mentioned above is still being aimed for, but isn't set in stone yet. Hence no announcement.

wickedfan07

You will now go backwards on the outside loop. :sohappy:

Now that would be fun!

...unless they're rushing to kill two birds with one stone and make this James Cameron's AvatarTrack present by Chevrolet. Now that would be something to complain about. :lookaroun /threaddrift

PalisadesPkteer

All indications from our insiders state the que will get a pretty big overhaul.
Believe from the info provided that some enhancements inside the ride,
the pre-show and post show will be redone as well as the "cars" themselves.

There were indications there could be "Tron" "like" enhancements on the cars or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom