Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Are you going to change your trip based on the outcome???

If not, then the answer is moot and people shouldn't stress about things they can't control.

I arrive April 15th. I'd like to ride TT if possible as there is little to do as it is in Future World. Disney has you book your ADRs 6 months out and my ressies are not in Epcot for the 15th and it is my travel in day. It would be nice if they could just post the 16th closed or postponed, queue closing 16th. Something accurate a week out.

Disney has been trying to use the Internet, blogs, hours closures, forums-kinda. I just guess I expect Disney to have their act together and know how to post if they have gone through the trouble to set a source of information up on the Internet. That isn't extraordinary expectations.

katarn112

cripes people on here are getting to be nasty, people are just saying that if a ride is going down for a lenghty refurb, not an emergency shut down for a unforseen event, then they should try to give as much notice as possible for guests travelling abroad or long distance to plan around it in case it may be their only visit, not everyone can afford the very high rates that the mouse charges. It seems on every thread lately there is a few people that fly off the deep end and flame the poor guy/gal asking a question or voicing an opinion, we are all suppose to be on here for the same purpose, fans of a mutual interest. So next time someones has an opinion, thought or god forbid likes stitch ,relax.

:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's also worth remembering this refurb was originally meant to begin in January but got bumped. Nothing was officially posted in October.

Annielkd

Why isn't anyone listening. NO one cares when they do the refurb. We all know it needs one. All people are complaining about it the lack of communication. Althought I know they don't have to tell us about it... but, since they do all the time, they even list opperational updates, then we just feel they should be upfront about this one. I don't actually know how they would tell people it's not ready yet, other than to post a date.... but, I'm hoping there is no news because they are not sure it's going to happen. Maybe that report was based on heresay again. One time I spoke to someone and they said it's "definately going to happen in April". Maybe this is just too overwhelming for Disney to start. I don't know. I just think that they posted January 6th, and they should update their post now. The one April 2nd didn't even have a name attached. I would just like updated news. That's all anyone wants. :fork:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Why isn't anyone listening. NO one cares when they do the refurb. We all know it needs one. All people are complaining about it the lack of communication. Althought I know they don't have to tell us about it... but, since they do all the time, they even list opperational updates, then we just feel they should be upfront about this one. I don't actually know how they would tell people it's not ready yet, other than to post a date.... but, I'm hoping there is no news because they are not sure it's going to happen. Maybe that report was based on heresay again. One time I spoke to someone and they said it's "definately going to happen in April". Maybe this is just too overwhelming for Disney to start. I don't know. I just think that they posted January 6th, and they should update their post now. The one April 2nd didn't even have a name attached. I would just like updated news. That's all anyone wants. :fork:

Ok, I think we get your point.

Now let me ask you this. Why is it so important for you to know if TT is going to be closed? The amount of energy and time you are putting into this is starting to far outstrip the amount this closure or non-closure will effect your trip. Assume it will be closed. Move on to other aspects of planning. You are going to WDW for gods sake. There is so much to do there, it is impossible to do even half of it in one trip. :)

Annielkd

I assume you are speaking to me...

No, go ahead and post away. I am simply offering you a bit of advice.

Good. Actually, originally when I was writing to this post, I had a HUGE reason for wanting to know this information... it was enough for me to be trying out how to cancel my trip. Now since I've been online, I've figured out a few things so this ride being refurbished isn't going to make such a big impact. I can tell you if I hadn't been online, I'd be going to Disney, DREADING going. I just keep up with the post to see if I can learn anything else new. Honestly, in the beginning I really needed to know this because I physically can't stand stationary for any lenght of time... having this ride down would cause Soaring to have longer lines. I didn't know at all about the Guest Assitance Pass... so I was completely freaking out. Knowing I probably wouldn't get to go on Soaring, Test Track, Big Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain made me really re-think the trip. As it was, I have to sit while my family goes on many of the attractions. I'm hoping that with all the documentation I have, that the CM can do something to help the situation and I'll still be able to go on some things. So, yeah... in the beginning this was a huge issue to me. :wave:

Hrudey3032

Good. Actually, originally when I was writing to this post, I had a HUGE reason for wanting to know this information... it was enough for me to be trying out how to cancel my trip. Now since I've been online, I've figured out a few things so this ride being refurbished isn't going to make such a big impact. I can tell you if I hadn't been online, I'd be going to Disney, DREADING going. I just keep up with the post to see if I can learn anything else new. Honestly, in the beginning I really needed to know this because I physically can't stand stationary for any lenght of time... having this ride down would cause Soaring to have longer lines. I didn't know at all about the Guest Assitance Pass... so I was completely freaking out. Knowing I probably wouldn't get to go on Soaring, Test Track, Big Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain made me really re-think the trip. As it was, I have to sit while my family goes on many of the attractions. I'm hoping that with all the documentation I have, that the CM can do something to help the situation and I'll still be able to go on some things. So, yeah... in the beginning this was a huge issue to me. :wave:

But if you hadn't gotten on the internet how would you have known that anything would have been down to begin with? :shrug: You would have arrived all happy then realized that a couple of your favorite rides were down and really been angry. As it is now you can know what to expect for the most part. I have gone numerous times and even though a ride is down does not mean it ruins my whole time at WDW. There is just way to much to enjoy there IMHO.

Annielkd

But if you hadn't gotten on the internet how would you have known that anything would have been down to begin with? :shrug: You would have arrived all happy then realized that a couple of your favorite rides were down and really been angry. As it is now you can know what to expect for the most part. I have gone numerous times and even though a ride is down does not mean it ruins my whole time at WDW. There is just way to much to enjoy there IMHO.

Actually, I didn't find this site for about a week after I learned that TT might/would be refurbished. I was looking here for ways to cancel my trip (DVC and it was within 30 days) and I found this site. So, I knew about it... was trying to fix it... and found ways to deal with it. (Here about 2 days after complaining for a while)

G00fyDad

Wally-World-Moose-Punch.jpg

G00fyDad

Were is that picture taken... is it recent?

Please tell me that you're joking. :lookaroun Am I really that old? I feel a midlife crisis coming on here.

It is a screenshot from National Lampoon's Vacation when Clark found out that Wally World (Disney World) was closed after he drove his family 4 or 5 days across country. :ROFLOL:

Annielkd

Please tell me that you're joking. :lookaroun Am I really that old? I feel a midlife crisis coming on here.

It is a screenshot from National Lampoon's Vacation when Clark found out that Wally World (Disney World) was closed after he drove his family 4 or 5 days across country. :ROFLOL:

OK.. I'm an idiot. I didn't recognize it at all. Hey, at least someone got a laugh out of it.

katarn112

Phhh, age shouldn't matter. I was born in the 90s and I've seen Vacation, it's one of those must see classics (80s seemed to have a lot of those).

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Were is that picture taken... is it recent?

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised then I am right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom