Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

RSoxNo1

Here's the problem - things like not updating the website give us fans little confidence when projects like xPass are underway.

The original Test Track announcement was on January 6th and was rumored well before then. A refurbishment of this length is scheduled in advance and this information can be updated publicly. They've done it for other attractions.

If the Test Track refurbishment is happening as of April 16th, they're doing an awful job of getting the word out. That certainly deserves criticism from people that visit during what is by all accounts a scheduled refurbishment.

spaceghost

Here's my Guest Relations answer:

...If you are looking for the most up to date information regarding news and developments at our theme parks I sudgest you check the Offical Disney Parks Blog at Disneyparks.com/blog...

I'm still trying to figure out what a sudgestion is... Seriously how is Guest Relations for TWDC not using spell check?

disnyfan89

I'm still trying to figure out what a sudgestion is... Seriously how is Guest Relations for TWDC not using spell check?

Seeing how I am NOT Guest Relations and my post is NOT an actual Guest Relations response I guess it's understandable that Guest Relations is not reading my posts and spell checking them for me. :rolleyes:

spaceghost

Seeing how I am NOT Guest Relations and my post is NOT an actual Guest Relations response I guess it's understandable that Guest Relations is not reading my posts and spell checking them for me. :rolleyes:

Haha! For some reason I thought that was an e-mail response... my bad! Reading comprehension is a good thing!

disnyfan89

Haha! For some reason I thought that was an e-mail response... my bad! Reading comprehension is a good thing!
Happens to the best of us :lol: I was originally gonna write a more sarcastic opening to my "Guest Relations" style response but decided it was too snarky. I can see how at a quick read through one could take it as an actual response.

Captain Chaos

With the money we're paying, Disney damn well better bow down to me, seriously.

Then you set unrealistic expectations... and you have only yourself to blame if you don't have a good time...

Attractions are mechanical... Sometimes mechanical objects break down... other times mechanical objects need a tune up... WDW is in the state it is in because of attitudes like yours and others who think Disney has to kiss your back side and make sure everything is running... In order to make sure everything is running, rides need to close for maintenance... Read your tickets... They do not guarantee every attraction to be open during your stay... If a ride is closed, boo hoo.. move on to something else...

katarn112

Then you set unrealistic expectations... and you have only yourself to blame if you don't have a good time...

Attractions are mechanical... Sometimes mechanical objects break down... other times mechanical objects need a tune up... WDW is in the state it is in because of attitudes like yours and others who think Disney has to kiss your back side and make sure everything is running... In order to make sure everything is running, rides need to close for maintenance... Read your tickets... They do not guarantee every attraction to be open during your stay... If a ride is closed, boo hoo.. move on to something else...

When in this thread have I complained about them closing the ride down? Can you quote it? Because I never said that. Maybe someone else said it, but I didn't say it. My problem is with Disney's communication about this closure, or lack thereof.

I apologize if I seem to be rude, just gets a little frustrating, seems like you can never criticize Disney around here without getting yelled at by 5 different people at once.

Captain Chaos

When in this thread have I complained about them closing the ride down? Can you quote it? Because I never said that. Maybe someone else said it, but I didn't say it. My problem is with Disney's communication about this closure, or lack thereof.

I apologize if I seem to be rude, just gets a little frustrating, seems like you can never criticize Disney around here without getting yelled at by 5 different people at once.

Hey, I can fall into the crowd that criticizes Disney... :)

But you did say Disney better bow to you, which is not a realistic expectation... Yes, we all pay a decent amount of money to visit THEIR parks... But to expect them to bow down to us is just not reasonable...

If I made it sound like you whined about rides closing, then sorry.. It wasn't meant for you personally... It was meant more for people who have the attitude that they are ENTITLED to things only because they spent money... My opinion stands though that the entitlement crowd is the reason WDW is in the state it is in today...

BTW, I do agree they should have said something about the refurb by now... Which only goes to show how inept this management team truly is....

t3techcom18

What do you mean by the wayside is finicky? What common issues does the software have?

I won't mention specifics, but let's just say it's (mostly) the reason why the attraction goes down still at least once a week. An equivalent comparison is like the computers that controlled the Space Shuttle during countdown to launch: If even one tiny safeguard is out of line, it shuts down/holds the countdown, depending on the severity.

t3techcom18

Here's the problem - things like not updating the website give us fans little confidence when projects like xPass are underway.

The original Test Track announcement was on January 6th and was rumored well before then. A refurbishment of this length is scheduled in advance and this information can be updated publicly. They've done it for other attractions.

If the Test Track refurbishment is happening as of April 16th, they're doing an awful job of getting the word out. That certainly deserves criticism from people that visit during what is by all accounts a scheduled refurbishment.

Quoted for absolute truth.

Epcotbob

My $0.02

It's certainly fair to complain to Disney that they should better coordinate and announce the closures, and they should...so make your complaint. But understand that part of the WDW terms is that they don't guarantee attractions will be up...if you book a vacation, you agree to those terms.

Disney should make "reasonable" accommodations for disabilities, but not every accommodation. If someone can't be in line for more than a few minutes, then understand that you may not be able to enjoy certain popular attractions.....part of the cross you have to bear....sorry.

I can't handle most motion simulator rides, so I don't go on them...I don't demand that they create a version so that I can enjoy it too.

Annielkd

Hey, I can fall into the crowd that criticizes Disney... :)

But you did say Disney better bow to you, which is not a realistic expectation... Yes, we all pay a decent amount of money to visit THEIR parks... But to expect them to bow down to us is just not reasonable...

If I made it sound like you whined about rides closing, then sorry.. It wasn't meant for you personally... It was meant more for people who have the attitude that they are ENTITLED to things only because they spent money... My opinion stands though that the entitlement crowd is the reason WDW is in the state it is in today...

BTW, I do agree they should have said something about the refurb by now... Which only goes to show how inept this management team truly is....
I think the majority of the poster here are just upset about the lack of communication. We ALL know rides are going to be down. It's impossible not to have that happen. AND, we don't expect Disney to let us know everything... but, to be respectful, they should let us know IF they actually do know. That's all anyone is asking.

katarn112

Someone on the disboards equivalent of this thread brought up a good point, and that is that the reason Disney hasn't officially announced downtime for this attraction yet, is because the refurbishment will begin in April, but the ride won't shut down. Could it just be the queue changes that begin initially, with guests being routed around the construction?

Annielkd

Someone on the disboards equivalent of this thread brought up a good point, and that is that the reason Disney hasn't officially announced downtime for this attraction yet, is because the refurbishment will begin in April, but the ride won't shut down. Could it just be the queue changes that begin initially, with guests being routed around the construction?

I'm not doubting what you are saying... but, if that's the case, why don't they post it as prominently as the release in January. When I contacted Disney earlier last month, they said that it's definately going to be closed for refurbishment in April, they just didn't know when. When I sent them and e-mail April 2nd they said they could neither confirm or deny the article. I just wish they would decide what they are doing and not have people wondering. Did Big Thunder Rail Road have this kind of thread? *just curious

flynnibus

Premium Member
Are you going to change your trip based on the outcome???

If not, then the answer is moot and people shouldn't stress about things they can't control.

allgiggles

Hmmm...I remember going to Disney World before the internet and message boards existed. We found out what rides were closed down when we walked into the park. While it's nice that in this day and age we can find out ahead of time which attractions might be shut down during our planned visits, I just can't imagine not going because certain attractions are down for refurb. That just makes me look forward to the next trip even more. But that's just me.

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
Cripes people on here are getting to be nasty, people are just saying that if a ride is going down for a lenghty refurb, not an emergency shut down for a unforseen event, then they should try to give as much notice as possible for guests travelling abroad or long distance to plan around it in case it may be their only visit, not everyone can afford the very high rates that the mouse charges. It seems on every thread lately there is a few people that fly off the deep end and flame the poor guy/gal asking a question or voicing an opinion, we are all suppose to be on here for the same purpose, fans of a mutual interest. So next time someones has an opinion, thought or god forbid likes Stitch ,relax.

disnyfan89

Cripes people on here are getting to be nasty, people are just saying that if a ride is going down for a lenghty refurb, not an emergency shut down for a unforseen event, then they should try to give as much notice as possible for guests travelling abroad or long distance to plan around it in case it may be their only visit, not everyone can afford the very high rates that the mouse charges. It seems on every thread lately there is a few people that fly off the deep end and flame the poor guy/gal asking a question or voicing an opinion, we are all suppose to be on here for the same purpose, fans of a mutual interest. So next time someones has an opinion, thought or god forbid likes Stitch ,relax.
If you think people are nasty here at wdwmagic then you haven't been around enough of the internet. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom