Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

Annielkd

I find the example with the car to be a poor example. If im buying a car I go in advance to test the car and inspect it to make sure it's to my liking. A better example would be planning to go see a major movie at your local movie theater only to arive to find out it's sold out for the rest of the night. The EXPECTATION is to see that movie. The REALITY is it's not available and you can choose to enjoy another movie or go home and let it ruin your night. You may have your expectations but YOU are the one whose has set them so you have only YOURSELF to blame when something doesn't live up to YOUR expectations.

And so is everyone who goes on a Disney Vacation and yet the majority of guests, while disapointed a ride is closed, move on and enjoy the rest of the park.

I stand by my statement. The only person who is letting themselves down is the singular individual because in that moment they are chosing to turn it into a negative opposed to an oppertunity to spend that time doing something else. It's okay to be disapointed, but to dwell on it and let it ruin one's vacation, that's pathetic.

You are not listening. I'm not upset the ride is closed (yes, it does bother me a bit... but, that's not the issue) The issue is the lack of communication when you know you are going to do something. Put it out there, let people make their own choices.

Pioneer Hall

I absolutely believe they have the right to close anything. I also believe that if they have released the dates they should post it on their site. I've never been upset about them closing it. I'm upset that they are shrouding this in mystery. Let people make educated choices about their vacation and vacation time.

But how do you know that they released the dates? Just because a few unofficial sources have said what the date is, doesn't mean that it is straight from the mouse or that it is indeed correct. You are taking information that was posted on the internet from unofficial sources and perceiving it to be the actual truth, and in these situations you can't assume that. Disney is going to do the best thing for their business. If that means changing the date of the refurb because of operational needs and announcing it short term, then that is what is going to happen.

Annielkd

But how do you know that they released the dates? Just because a few unofficial sources have said what the date is, doesn't mean that it is straight from the mouse or that it is indeed correct. You are taking information that was posted on the internet from unofficial sources and perceiving it to be the actual truth, and in these situations you can't assume that. Disney is going to do the best thing for their business. If that means changing the date of the refurb because of operational needs and announcing it short term, then that is what is going to happen.

You are absolutely correct. However, I'm actually upset that when I wrote disney (earlier post) they will neither confirm or deny the post. That's what's upsetting.

Pioneer Hall

You are absolutely correct. However, I'm actually upset that when I wrote disney (earlier post) they will neither confirm or deny the post. That's what's upsetting.

Of course they won't confirm or deny anything until the officially announce it. They can't show preference or give credibility to any outside "news" source. Imagine the backlash through the Disney online community if Disney confirmed that news and it could be seen that they are calling one site more credible than another, or more credible than themselves.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
No way. People pay for something with expectations. It doesn't make us self absorbed. It makes us costomers. I paid for the total experience. To have two major rides down, and one without notice isn't good practice. I don't think you would want to buy a car and be told it doesn't have a feature you expect. We do expect closures, it's going to happen. It's disrespectful to PLAN on it and not let people know... we pay a great deal for vacations there.

2 major attractions out of 20 or more shouldn't equate to a ruined experience. If that lowers your expectations, you've got some unreasonable ones.

I agree that 2 attractions down shouldn't equate to a ruined experience, and think that Annie should and will still have a good trip.

But I think it's completely fair for her to be upset if Disney has information about planned ride closures and won't tell her. Customers can only make appropriate decisions about what to buy (or not to buy) if they have information. And while it is always true that unforeseen circumstances can result in attraction closures, she's complaining about a completely foreseen circumstance that isn't being disclosed. And I understand that.

I would shrug it off, because even knowing the information wouldn't alter my plans much (run to Soarin' vs. run to Test Track in the AM). But Annie is a different customer than I am, and she cares more about this than I would. I think she's attaching too much importance to the one ride, but the point of disclosure is that, with the information out there, people planning trips can then decide what that information means to them.

disnyfan89

You are not listening. I'm not upset the ride is closed (yes, it does bother me a bit... but, that's not the issue) The issue is the lack of communication when you know you are going to do something. Put it out there, let people make their own choices.

You mean like when Jennifer Fickley-Baker (one of Disney's social media managers) posted back in January this statement:
It will go down in April and reopen this fall.

See comment #29 http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...sts-in-the-designers-seat-this-fall-at-epcot/

An offical member of Disney's communications team offically posted back in January of this year on the offical Disney Parks Blog which shares the most up to date "offical" park news that the ride would be closed in April.

katarn112

You mean like when Jennifer Fickley-Baker (one of Disney's social media managers) posted back in January this statement:

See comment #29 http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...sts-in-the-designers-seat-this-fall-at-epcot/

An offical member of Disney's communications team offically posted back in January of this year on the offical Disney Parks Blog which shares the most up to date "offical" park news that the ride would be closed in April.

Why hasn't it been posted here?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/

disnyfan89

Here's my Guest Relations answer:

I do apologize that at this time there is no official dates posted to our online calendar at DisneyWorld.com. Our website is run by a team of individuals status out of our celebration offices who are in charge of all of our Disney Parks websites including Disneyland. Due to the operation of our parks information can change without notice and some times information on the official website may be out of date or incorrect. If you are looking for the most up to date information regarding news and developments at our theme parks I suggest you check the Official Disney Parks Blog at Disneyparks.com/blog

Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience and would like to remind you that our calendars on our main Disneyworld.com website are a planning tool but as a reminder, here at Disney World operating hours and attraction availability are subject to change without notice and it is advise you check the times guide on the day of your visit for any operational updates or changes different from normal operating hours.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

and here's my unfiltered answer:

The Disney World website is notorious for having incorrect information because it is designed and run by a large group of individuals who have for the most part, never step foot into the parks they write about. It's far more likely for the website to be out of date than anything.

Regardless, I can point to an official Disney website that has this information freely posted for anyone who cares to actually go looking for it.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I do appologize that at this time there is no offical dates posted to our online calendar at DisneyWorld.com. Our website is run by a team of individuals status out of our celebration offices who are in charge of all of our Disney Parks websites including Disneyland. Due to the opperation of our parks information can change without notice and some times information on the offical website may be out of date or incorrect. If you are looking for the most up to date information regarding news and developments at our theme parks I sudgest you check the Offical Disney Parks Blog at Disneyparks.com/blog

Once again I do appologize for the incovience and would like to remind you that our calendars on our main Disneyworld.com website are a planning tool but as a reminder, here at Disney World opperating hours and attraction availability are subject to change without notice and it is advise you check the times guide on the day of your visit for any opperational updates or changes different from normal operating hours.

The Disney World website is notorius for having incorect information because it is designed and run by a large group of individuals who have for the most part, never step foot into the parks they write about. It's far more likely for the website to be out of date than anything.

Interesting. Guest Relations is basically saying that parks management control the blog, so it's more reliable than the website. Hmmm....

katarn112

I do appologize that at this time there is no offical dates posted to our online calendar at DisneyWorld.com. Our website is run by a team of individuals status out of our celebration offices who are in charge of all of our Disney Parks websites including Disneyland. Due to the opperation of our parks information can change without notice and some times information on the offical website may be out of date or incorrect. If you are looking for the most up to date information regarding news and developments at our theme parks I sudgest you check the Offical Disney Parks Blog at Disneyparks.com/blog

Once again I do appologize for the incovience and would like to remind you that our calendars on our main Disneyworld.com website are a planning tool but as a reminder, here at Disney World opperating hours and attraction availability are subject to change without notice and it is advise you check the times guide on the day of your visit for any opperational updates or changes different from normal operating hours.

The Disney World website is notorius for having incorect information because it is designed and run by a large group of individuals who have for the most part, never step foot into the parks they write about. It's far more likely for the website to be out of date than anything.

Well, well, well, how the turn tables...

Annielkd

I agree that 2 attractions down shouldn't equate to a ruined experience, and think that Annie should and will still have a good trip.

But I think it's completely fair for her to be upset if Disney has information about planned ride closures and won't tell her. Customers can only make appropriate decisions about what to buy (or not to buy) if they have information. And while it is always true that unforeseen circumstances can result in attraction closures, she's complaining about a completely foreseen circumstance that isn't being disclosed. And I understand that.

I would shrug it off, because even knowing the information wouldn't alter my plans much (run to Soarin' vs. run to Test Track in the AM). But Annie is a different customer than I am, and she cares more about this than I would. I think she's attaching too much importance to the one ride, but the point of disclosure is that, with the information out there, people planning trips can then decide what that information means to them.
Thank you for your post. I will make the best of it. I plan to anyways. (I can't run... major issue with my leg.) Which is why it makes getting on Soaring and Splash mountain harder. HOWEVER, I already have plans in mind for what to do instead. (I have a one bedroom and plan to soak in the tub!) I just worry for others who don't know and can't plan accordingly. ****Did you notice how many people are VERY hostile here????

WDW1974

What's worse is Disney's pandering to this crowd. They won't close attractions that are desperately in need of repair because they're worried about whiny "adults" complaining their trip is ruined.

I too remember things being closed when I was a kid. I don't remember ruined trips.

But you know what does put a damper on my trips now no matter how I try and ignore them, Disney? The rampant maintenance problems and show problems.

ALL.

OF.

THIS.

~Change is coming. BIG, SPIRITED change!~

Captain Chaos

What's worse is Disney's pandering to this crowd. They won't close attractions that are desperately in need of repair because they're worried about whiny "adults" complaining their trip is ruined.

I too remember things being closed when I was a kid. I don't remember ruined trips.

But you know what does put a damper on my trips now no matter how I try and ignore them, Disney? The rampant maintenance problems and show problems.

I approve of this post... it is a shame people feel Disney has to bow down to them... Entitlement is not a right....

WDW1974

Quote:
It will go down in April and reopen this fall.

Why doesn't someone email Jenn ... her email is either Jennifer.J.Fickley@disney.com or Jennifer.F.Fickley@disney.com (can't recall right now) ... or her 'boss' Thomas.Smith@Disney.com ... or his boss Duncan.Wardle@Disney.com and just ask 'when is TT slated to be closed and when is it scheduled to reopen?' ... and anything else on your mind?

That IS what these folks are paid to do. Communicate with the fan community.

You could even phone the WDW switchboard and ask to be connected to any of the above's personal lines.

This isn't bugging Bob Iger. These people are paid to COMMUNICATE and they are doing a poor job of it.

menamechris

Why doesn't someone email Jenn ... her email is either Jennifer.J.Fickley@disney.com or Jennifer.F.Fickley@disney.com (can't recall right now) ... or her 'boss' Thomas.Smith@Disney.com ... or his boss Duncan.Wardle@Disney.com and just ask 'when is TT slated to be closed and when is it scheduled to reopen?' ... and anything else on your mind?

That IS what these folks are paid to do. Communicate with the fan community.

You could even phone the WDW switchboard and ask to be connected to any of the above's personal lines.

This isn't bugging Bob Iger. These people are paid to COMMUNICATE and they are doing a poor job of it.

I always get the impression that they are paid to attach their name to a pre-prepared article. I never get the impression that she writes her own stuff - unless it's something terribly insignificant and they are just trying to make their "5 entries per day" quota.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I always get the impression that they are paid to attach their name to a pre-prepared article. I never get the impression that she writes her own stuff - unless it's something terribly insignificant and they are just trying to make their "5 entries per day" quota.

Jenn does have a twitter account -- pretty sure she writes that stuff herself. :shrug:

Thank you for your post. I will make the best of it. I plan to anyways. (I can't run... major issue with my leg.) Which is why it makes getting on Soaring and Splash mountain harder. HOWEVER, I already have plans in mind for what to do instead. (I have a one bedroom and plan to soak in the tub!) I just worry for others who don't know and can't plan accordingly. ****Did you notice how many people are VERY hostile here????

Hostility is, in general, the default setting on internet message boards! But we all do it. You did express some hostility towards Disney, yes? :)

After a long heated discussion I asked him how he would feel paying for an action/adventure movie, being told... oh, it's closed... but, look! We have Barnie instead. He didn't get my comparison and told me that all rides are subject to closure. I told him that's fine if it's for our safety or a problem...but, when it's planned it should be announced so people can plan accordingly. He still didn't get it.

Have a good trip, and let us know if Test Track is down or not. And if it is, climb over the walls and get a look at what's going on!

WDW1974

No, she writes her own copy ... but also understand that it gets vetted by a group of others at Celebration Place before it goes out.

As to Twitter, yes she has her own account (which clearly states that these are her opinions yada, yada, disclaimer, yada, yada), but she places nothing of substance there and IMHO is simply using it (like others) to get out the message that she is just a fan too ... she loves her Dole Whips and STorybook Circus 'detailing' and Orange Bird tees just like the fanbois who engage her.

Annielkd

Jenn does have a twitter account -- pretty sure she writes that stuff herself. :shrug:

Hostility is, in general, the default setting on internet message boards! But we all do it. You did express some hostility towards Disney, yes? :)

Have a good trip, and let us know if Test Track is down or not. And if it is, climb over the walls and get a look at what's going on!

You are right, I was hostile towards Disney, but not towards someone posting. I see Disney as an entity not a person with feeling. I will let you know if it's down on the 17th, that was my day planned to go to Epcott. (Early morning hours) I've acutally figured out a solution. If it is down and the lines are impossible for me to bear (disability) I will ask for a guest assistance card so I can at least go on soaring once. If I can ride a few rides in my entire trip there, or if I can spend time with my family, it will be a great trip even if TT is down. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom