Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

G00fyDad

I always play Holiday Road when I start my drive to The World. :D

Us too. LOL When we drive to the airport to fly. Our kids look at us the same way Clark and Ellen's kids did. If we drove I'd have the same moment Clark did when he broke down and lost it when they all complained. LOL :lol:

Atkins

Banned
Wally-World-Moose-Punch.jpg

I don't really see the comparison. How is one ride being closed comparable to the whole park being closed? Jeez, some people need to calm down. This can't be good for your health. One year I went to the MK and was dissapointed that that Space Mountain was closed, but it wasn't a huge deal. I was also glad to ride it next time better than I remember with the rehab, so it worked out OK. I would expect maybe a 5 year old child to have something like that ruin their trip, but not an adult.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't really see the comparison. How is one ride being closed comparable to the whole park being closed? Jeez, some people need to calm down. This can't be good for your health. One year I went to the MK and was dissapointed that that Space Mountain was closed, but it wasn't a huge deal. I was also glad to ride it next time better than I remember with the rehab, so it worked out OK. I would expect maybe a 5 year old child to have something like that ruin their trip, but not an adult.

I believe he was just kidding around.....:wave:

G00fyDad

I believe he was just kidding around.....:wave:

Oh, he knows I was making a joke. He just likes jumping in threads and stirring the pot. He has now done it twice today. Personally I have no patience for those that do this on these boards. It would have been obvious to even a monkey that I posted the picture as a joking reference to the irritation of a ride closure, not just whole park closures. But of course he would take it as he needs to take it in order to flame up a debate. :ROFLOL: Oh well. Some people...:rolleyes:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I was referring mainly to the other guy as well, the one that's really upset about it.

My mistake, I didn't know you were referring to the other person as well....

Edit: Sorry, didn't see your post GoofyDad, before composing this.....

Atkins

Banned
Oh, he knows I was making a joke. He just likes jumping in threads and stirring the pot. He has now done it twice today. Personally I have no patience for those that do this on these boards. It would have been obvious to even a monkey that I posted the picture as a joking reference to the irritation of a ride closure, not just whole park closures. But of course he would take it as he needs to take it in order to flame up a debate. :ROFLOL: Oh well. Some people...:rolleyes:

Your intent was not clear at all. You could have just as easily been agreeing with him that the experience would be that negative, which is still a joke. The one who wants to make this into a flame war is you, since you don't like being contradicted in anyway at all. Not a great way for a "dad" to act I think. LOL.

disnyfan89

Your intent was not clear at all. You could have just as easily been agreeing with him that the experience would be that negative, which is still a joke. The one who wants to make this into a flame war is you, since you don't like being contradicted in anyway at all. Not a great way for a "dad" to act I think. LOL.

Where's that ignore button...

Annielkd

Of course, he could have been like me, and thought that they had posted something like that in Disney somewhere. I couldn't place the location at all. Then I thought it might have been near Big thunder mountain.

G00fyDad

Of course, he could have been like me, and thought that they had posted something like that in Disney somewhere. I couldn't place the location at all. Then I thought it might have been near Big thunder mountain.

Actually, they filmed that whole Wally World scene at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA. I just absolutely loved the movie. After hearing most of the issues in this thread that scene popped into my head. :D

G00fyDad

I actually haven't seen it. I know what the movie is about... just never saw it. Or any of the vacation movies.

Sacrilege!! :fork:

You really should see them. They are hilarious. But watch them in order.

Vacation
European Vacation
Christmas Vacation
Vegas Vacation

But skip Christmas Vacation 2: Eddies Island Adventure. :snore:

I_heart_Tigger

Vacation
European Vacation
Christmas Vacation
Vegas Vacation

Ok, I can't remember if this was one of the Vacation movies (or which one it might be) but years ago my family and extended family were all lined up in front of the castle (13 of us) and a guest asked my Mom if she wanted to get in the photo and he would take the picture for us.

We all look on edge in the photo because we were thinking of a scene where a guy offers to take a photo then runs off with the camera - all the adults were ready to run :lol:

Does that sound familiar? Was that a Vacation movie?

Annielkd

Vacation
European Vacation
Christmas Vacation
Vegas Vacation

I probably should. My son has that same sense of humor. (I'm not a big fan of Chevy Chase... I know he's fantastic at what he does... I just don't find it too funny.)

G00fyDad

Ok, I can't remember if this was one of the Vacation movies (or which one it might be) but years ago my family and extended family were all lined up in front of the castle (13 of us) and a guest asked my Mom if she wanted to get in the photo and he would take the picture for us.

We all look on edge in the photo because we were thinking of a scene where a guy offers to take a photo then runs off with the camera - all the adults were ready to run :lol:

Does that sound familiar? Was that a Vacation movie?

European Vacation. An Italian guy offers to take some video of the Griswolds in front of a fountain and he convinces them to take off their shoes and get into the fountain. Then he runs off with their camcorder with a very "intimate" movie on it. LOL A few days later a video scene still shows up on a billboard as an advertisement for the new release movie of their "intimate"video. LOL

I_heart_Tigger

European Vacation. An Italian guy offers to take some video of the Griswolds in front of a fountain and he convinces them to take off their shoes and get into the fountain. Then he runs off with their camcorder with a very "intimate" movie on it. LOL A few days later a video scene still shows up on a billboard as an advertisement for the new release movie of their "intimate"video. LOL

Thank you! I thought it must have been one of those and I could tell you are a real connoisseur of the franchise :wave::lol:

t3techcom18

So, are we still in a guessing game or can we confirm April 16 is the beginning of the refurb of TT????

Schedules for that week starting the 15th have come out today and it has been announced to us in Operations that the building will be locked down starting on the 16th, so yes, its finally official that April 15th will be the last day.

For the next month, especially in the first week, take pity to those in Guest Relations and the CMs that will be outside telling guests its closed.

WWIII is about to break out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom