Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

GLaDOS

Now, it's as if everything is obligated to be known be everyone at every time.

What's worse is Disney's pandering to this crowd. They won't close attractions that are desperately in need of repair because they're worried about whiny "adults" complaining their trip is ruined.

I too remember things being closed when I was a kid. I don't remember ruined trips.

But you know what does put a damper on my trips now no matter how I try and ignore them, Disney? The rampant maintenance problems and show problems.

GLaDOS

No way. People pay for something with expectations. It doesn't make us self absorbed. It makes us costomers. I paid for the total experience. To have two major rides down, and one without notice isn't good practice. I don't think you would want to buy a car and be told it doesn't have a feature you expect. We do expect closures, it's going to happen. It's disrespectful to PLAN on it and not let people know... we pay a great deal for vacations there.

2 major attractions out of 20 or more shouldn't equate to a ruined experience. If that lowers your expectations, you've got some unreasonable ones.

Annielkd

2 major attractions out of 20 or more shouldn't equate to a ruined experience. If that lowers your expectations, you've got some unreasonable ones.

That's not accurate. You can say 2 out of 20, but I only have 6 major rides that I like... and everyone else will say there are 6 major ticket rides too... that's 1/3 down. That's pathetic.

Annielkd

What's worse is Disney's pandering to this crowd. They won't close attractions that are desperately in need of repair because they're worried about whiny "adults" complaining their trip is ruined.

I too remember things being closed when I was a kid. I don't remember ruined trips.

But you know what does put a damper on my trips now no matter how I try and ignore them, Disney? The rampant maintenance problems and show problems.

I think they SHOULD close rides and update them. My contention is not telling people ahead of time. They KNOW they are going to close... let us know too.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's not accurate. You can say 2 out of 20, but I only have 6 major rides that I like... and everyone else will say there are 6 major ticket rides too... that's 1/3 down. That's pathetic.

So how would you feel then if the park were open less days a week? Would that ruin the vacation too?

GLaDOS

I think they SHOULD close rides and update them. My contention is not telling people ahead of time. They KNOW they are going to close... let us know too.

So if they told you Test Track was going to be closed, you'd still only have 4 of the rides you care about...and you'd be okay with that? Doesn't make much sense.

Pioneer Hall

Do you know that they know the date for sure though? Just because a fan site (or multiple fan sites) say that it might be closing on a given day does not mean that Disney has set it in stone. It would be nice to have very advance notice on things, but operational issues come up and things change. It's the nature of the beast when you run a year round theme park...day to day operational needs can change things in an instant. Once Disney knows what is going on then they will announce it. They don't want to hear complaints if they can be avoided.

devoy1701

No way. People pay for something with expectations. It doesn't make us self absorbed. It makes us costomers. I paid for the total experience. To have two major rides down, and one without notice isn't good practice. I don't think you would want to buy a car and be told it doesn't have a feature you expect. We do expect closures, it's going to happen. It's disrespectful to PLAN on it and not let people know... we pay a great deal for vacations there.

You did not pay for the experience of all attractions to be operation during your visit. You paid for admission to the park. There is a clause on the ticket you paid for that attraction operations are subject to change at any time. There is no guarentee or responsibility on Disney's side to have everything open for you when you visit, and it is pretty unreasonable to expect everything to be operation for your visit.

disneyeater

Test Track
Soarin'
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Tower of Terror
Rock N Roller Coaster
Toy Story Mania
Kilamenjaro Safari
Expedition Everest

It isn't 20, but it's more than 6 major rides.

GLaDOS

Test Track
Soarin'
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Tower of Terror
Rock N Roller Coaster
Toy Story Mania
Kilamenjaro Safari
Expedition Everest

It isn't 20, but it's more than 6 major rides.

I'd put Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Star Tours on there as well.

phi2134

What's pathetic is that you think Disney should cater to just your wants and needs on your trip. You represent a insignificant percentage of the overall vacationer who enjoys all the rides. Just because you don't enjoy the other 14 major rides Disney offers, means they need to keep open the six you like just for your trip.

It's like going to an Italian restaurant which ran out of eggplant and you are screaming furious that they aren't catering to your wants of having eggplant parmigiana on your visit there.

There are more things on the menu, so you should enjoy them as well.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Just out of curiosity. What are the 6 major rides?

katarn112

What's pathetic is that you think Disney should cater to just your wants and needs on your trip. You represent a insignificant percentage of the overall vacationer who enjoys all the rides. Just because you don't enjoy the other 14 major rides Disney offers, means they need to keep open the six you like just for your trip.

It's like going to an Italian restaurant which ran out of eggplant and you are screaming furious that they aren't catering to your wants of having eggplant parmigiana on your visit there.

There are more things on the menu, so you should enjoy them as well.

He's paying a lot of money. I don't think it's pathetic at all.

awhit066

So how would you feel then if the park were open less days a week? Would that ruin the vacation too?

This is an interesting thought. However, I believe you would run into a huge capacity problem if the same number of guest were spread over 3 parks instead of 4. If you think you've seen the parks crazy before, imagine if HS were closed for the day?

Also, the other problem I see with this suggestion is that closing the park for a day is not enough time to get anything worthwhile done. On the positive side, they could probably get a lot more of the small maintenance things done if they operated the parks 6 days a week instead of 7, or even 29 days a month out of 30/31.

(P.S. I realize this may not have been meant as a serious suggestion on your part but it's interesting to think about it anyway.)

disnyfan89

I find the example with the car to be a poor example. If im buying a car I go in advance to test the car and inspect it to make sure it's to my liking. A better example would be planning to go see a major movie at your local movie theater only to arive to find out it's sold out for the rest of the night. The EXPECTATION is to see that movie. The REALITY is it's not available and you can choose to enjoy another movie or go home and let it ruin your night. You may have your expectations but YOU are the one whose has set them so you have only YOURSELF to blame when something doesn't live up to YOUR expectations.

katarn112 said:
He's paying a lot of money. I don't think it's pathetic at all.

And so is everyone who goes on a Disney Vacation and yet the majority of guests, while disapointed a ride is closed, move on and enjoy the rest of the park.

I stand by my statement. The only person who is letting themselves down is the singular individual because in that moment they are chosing to turn it into a negative opposed to an oppertunity to spend that time doing something else. It's okay to be disapointed, but to dwell on it and let it ruin one's vacation, that's pathetic.

katarn112

I stand by my statement. The only person who is letting themselves down is the singular individual because in that moment they are chosing to turn it into a negative opposed to an oppertunity to spend that time doing something else. It's okay to be disapointed, but to dwell on it and let it ruin one's vacation, that's pathetic.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much personally, the only reason I'm disappointed is because I'm bringing a first timer with when we go in May, and it's hard to give them the full experience with two major rides down at the same time. We're not saying we never want any rides down, we're just saying that we want some more heads up, because I would have moved the trip to another month, perhaps postponed it a week so only one ride's down. I don't think that's a lot to ask. Disney's been planning this refurb for a long time, they could have been more clear and open about it.

disnyfan89

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much personally, the only reason I'm disappointed is because I'm bringing a first timer with when we go in May, and it's hard to give them the full experience with two major rides down at the same time. We're not saying we never want any rides down, we're just saying that we want some more heads up, because I would have moved the trip to another month, perhaps postponed it a week so only one ride's down. I don't think that's a lot to ask. Disney's been planning this refurb for a long time, they could have been more clear and open about it.
They're a first timer. They don't know what they are missing so you downplay that aspect and build up excitement for other parts and rides.

Annielkd

If it was... I wouldn't be there... and wouldn't be paying for it. So, go ahead and close days. I'm not saying they shouldn't close rides... I'm saying they should let people know if they know ahead. This is clearly one of those cases. I do believe they need to update... but, when you plan a refurbishment... post it.

Annielkd

Do you know that they know the date for sure though? Just because a fan site (or multiple fan sites) say that it might be closing on a given day does not mean that Disney has set it in stone. It would be nice to have very advance notice on things, but operational issues come up and things change. It's the nature of the beast when you run a year round theme park...day to day operational needs can change things in an instant. Once Disney knows what is going on then they will announce it. They don't want to hear complaints if they can be avoided.

I absolutely believe they have the right to close anything. I also believe that if they have released the dates they should post it on their site. I've never been upset about them closing it. I'm upset that they are shrouding this in mystery. Let people make educated choices about their vacation and vacation time.

Annielkd

FANTASTIC response. I completely agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom