Any news on The Tiki Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flavious27

I know all the Right People are saying it is so, but given the way things happen around that place, I have a hard time imaging the conversation that went: "A fire you say? Really? The Iago AA needs to be replaced? Okay...Hey, I've got an idea. Let's just redo the show instead. Anyone have a pot of money lying around?"

Well the damaged aa created the situation that all options would be considered and studied.

lazyboy97o

It was just about 7 months or so, but here is the thing about changing from the old show to the new show....it is really easy to rip things out and build a new then to try and rebuild something using the old parts. For UNM they had to add in 4 new AA's, adjust and build new lighting effects, reprogram the old birds and rip out all the water works inside. If they were to go back to the old show, while it would be easy to plug in the old show in the birds they would have to rip out the "fountain" and rebuild it and add in the water works again (which we would have seen a permit filed for by now). It would be faster to stick Stitch in :brick: but I don't think either of those will be happening, but we will see!
You they really need to file a permit if the plumbing is still sitting there? I doubt they would have bothered to rip out the plumbing when they added the Under New Management show.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You they really need to file a permit if the plumbing is still sitting there? I doubt they would have bothered to rip out the plumbing when they added the Under New Management show.
Technically yes they do. I have seen Disney file permits for adding a single electrical outlet.

MickeyPeace

Just in case anyone employed with Disney is reading this-GET RID OF GILBERT GODFRIED!

I never liked him, even before the tweets. Everything about him is annoying and his voice ruins the Tiki Room show.

Fire his ______.

J.E.Smith

Well regarding putting the fountain back in, there's always the possibility that they could do the show without it (And cut the dialogue reference to it).

After all, the only times the fountain is actually used is in the brief moment before the Birdmobile comes down and also near the end of the Hawaiian War Chant and during the exit music. I do hope that they reinstall the fountain of course, but again they do have that cheaper option.

Buried20KLeague

Well regarding putting the fountain back in, there's always the possibility that they could do the show without it (And cut the dialogue reference to it).

After all, the only times the fountain is actually used is in the brief moment before the Birdmobile comes down and also near the end of the Hawaiian War Chant and during the exit music. I do hope that they reinstall the fountain of course, but again they do have that cheaper option.

That's what I was thinking... The original show sans fountain would still be worlds above a complete UNM, IMHO.

Regarding permits... Have we seen ANY yet regarding the tiki room? I'm wondering if maybe they could be doing fountain work under another, more general, permit. ?? :shrug:

puntagordabob

I sorta believe the fountain's plumbing was left there just under the floor..... Disney does not usually rip out stuff unless it has to.....for example areas of showbuildings not used by the "new ride" still having the old areas with stuff from the old still in the areas out of sight.... in this case the plumbing probably still exists in the Utilidor area beneath the Tiki Room.... will it need updating (the plumbing)??? Probably....

I also agree that the permit is likely part of a more general permit... perhaps seek out permits for areas within the Utilidors themselves.....would be a "cute" way to mask their true purpose! :)

Of course this is all pure guess work....especially if the over riding rumors are untrue then there would be no fountain.

I Love the Enchanted Fountain..... when we were at Disneyland last year I really enjoyed just watching it flow before the show began...I had forgotten how truly beautiful it was!

Enchantâmes

I sorta believe the fountain's plumbing was left there just under the floor..... Disney does not usually rip out stuff unless it has to.....for example areas of showbuildings not used by the "new ride" still having the old areas with stuff from the old still in the areas out of sight.... in this case the plumbing probably still exists in the Utilidor area beneath the Tiki Room.... will it need updating (the plumbing)??? Probably....

I also agree that the permit is likely part of a more general permit... perhaps seek out permits for areas within the Utilidors themselves.....would be a "cute" way to mask their true purpose! :)

Of course this is all pure guess work....especially if the over riding rumors are untrue then there would be no fountain.

I Love the Enchanted Fountain..... when we were at Disneyland last year I really enjoyed just watching it flow before the show began...I had forgotten how truly beautiful it was!
The fountain is off when the show isn't running...

Enchantâmes

Actually, it is not. The main "water jet" effect that rises and falls only runs during the show. However, there are smaller sprays around the pineapple shapes that stay on between shows.
I've been going to the California version for 12 years and there has never been water flowing before the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom