Any news on The Tiki Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

Thanks Magicot, much appreciated! The tiki gods shall be joyous by all the celebratin, a return to a timeless classic, coming summer 2011! :wave:

Magicot

It made my day to hear this, thank you. Any word on the tiki torches returning?g

He has previously mentioned that he does have a source and is information has been correlated by other insiders.
Thanks for backin' me up SeaCastle. No word yet on torches. I'll let you know.

I didn't realize this, and I apologize.
On another note... YAY! I'm very happy to hear this!
No problem. I won't let you down with my info- promise.

Thanks Magicot, much appreciated! The tiki gods shall be joyous by all the celebratin, a return to a timeless classic, coming summer 2011! :wave:
You're welcome. The more and more I think about those tiki gods, the more I believe them. Think about it: in the show, when angered, they created a rainstorm and scorched Iago. In real life, when angered (by UNM?) they created a rainstorm (sprinklers)... and brutally scorched Iago. Life imitating art?

electricmayhemm

I've been going to the California version for 12 years and there has never been water flowing before the show.

You are probably correct then. I have a picture of my wife and I in front of the fountain with jets on, but that could have been taken after the show. I have not been to DLR since the tiki room's 45th so my memory might be fuzzy, but I swore that I have been up to the fountain before shows and there were small jets of water spraying. Next time you are there it might not hurt to take a quick peek before the show to verify?

It seems like most people on this board visit WDW more often, so it is good to know that there are others on here that consider DLR home!

Off topic: I like the quote in your signature. That is all.

J.E.Smith

Discussion Kingdom did a WDW Photo Update with this refurb sign that's now outside the Tiki Room. Notice no Iago or Zazu!

dsc05206m.jpg

Scuttle

Just my personal opinion, but wouldn't it maked perfect sense to bring back the original. It would make the purists shutup because we know they'll complain hardcore when swsa closes. So doesn't it make sense to do this? Could be a very smart move by TDO especially if they promote it.

lazyboy97o

Just my personal opinion, but wouldn't it maked perfect sense to bring back the original. It would make the purists shutup because we know they'll complain hardcore when swsa closes. So doesn't it make sense to do this? Could be a very smart move by TDO especially if they promote it.
I think most purists are quite happy with the Snow White plans. But it does add something for the 40th Anniversary.

puntagordabob

puntagordabob

I think most purists are quite happy with the Snow White plans. But it does add something for the 40th Anniversary.

Always sorry to see most anything go...but this move makes sense.. hopefully in time they will put another ride in there of some kind after the FLE is either open or partially open...

jmmc

I always thought it was funny that they called it "Under New Management" and even made that a part of the show. It was still being called "new" after more than 10 years, even though after a while only longtime visitors would know that there was an old show.

For a short time, will they have a sign that says Under Old Management?

puntagordabob

I always thought it was funny that they called it "Under New Management" and even made that a part of the show. It was still being called "new" after more than 10 years, even though after a while only longtime visitors would know that there was an old show.

For a short time, will they have a sign that says Under Old Management?

Tomorrow we are planning on holding placards over the NEW with WALT'S instead and snap a quick photo of us with the placards........ Under Walt's Management!

acr123

Love it^^^^

This is great news!!! I cant wait to see the original show again!!!!!!!!!!! What a great way to use the insurance money!

aladdin2007

Is the main sign covered yet? I cant wait to see that Under new management part covered to be in process of being changed.

BrightImagine

I've tried to reread a couple of times... is this official news that the original show is returning? Or somewhat official news from the insiders here? I dearly hope so.

aladdin2007

I've tried to reread a couple of times... is this official news that the original show is returning? Or somewhat official news from the insiders here? I dearly hope so.

Disney has not made an announcement yet, might be a bit too soon, closer to summer, but our best insiders have confirmed it.

Discussion Kingdom did a WDW Photo Update with this refurb sign that's now outside the Tiki Room. Notice no Iago or Zazu!

dsc05206m.jpg

I'LL FINALLY GET TO SEE THE ORIGINAL TIKI ROOM IN PERSON!!! :sohappy:

I can't wait for photos with the sign missing to appear! I have to admit though, I will miss Uh-oa... who else was supposed to fry Iago to a crisp? :p

flavious27

too soon, but signs are positive. Nothing will be confirmed until tdo is 150% sure of the reopen date.

The Duck

this is a week of bad news for birds with gilbert gottfried's voice.
:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom