Any new thunder mountain info?

SMS55

I believe it's slipped a few times either way. Behind again?

Construction projects usually fall behind. Once you start stripping away the outer layer you always find more work that needed to be done. However, if the trains are cycling, it can't be too far behind if it even is behind. To the guy that said there was alot of stuff out that indicated a lot of work needed to be done. Don't go by that. Contractors are messy people and leave alot of stuff laying around. All it may need is one good cleaning.

Tom

Beta Return
Construction projects usually fall behind. Once you start stripping away the outer layer you always find more work that needed to be done. However, if the trains are cycling, it can't be too far behind if it even is behind. To the guy that said there was alot of stuff out that indicated a lot of work needed to be done. Don't go by that. Contractors are messy people and leave alot of stuff laying around. All it may need is one good cleaning.

Precisely....on all accounts.

If trains are running, they're down to cosmetic and perhaps SFX work.

And even if there's scaffolding everywhere, tools and equipment scattered about, wires hanging out of boxes....in a matter of hours or a couple days, all that can disappear and it'll be ready to turn over after a quick power wash.

wrblplayas

Precisely....on all accounts.

If trains are running, they're down to cosmetic and perhaps SFX work.

And even if there's scaffolding everywhere, tools and equipment scattered about, wires hanging out of boxes....in a matter of hours or a couple days, all that can disappear and it'll be ready to turn over after a quick power wash.

Agreed. Everything i've heard has everything on time and just a few things to take care of. Expect the opening to be next weekend as planned.

EvilQueen-T

i'm crossing fingers too...we go june 1st for a quick 4 day trip before our seasonal blackout dates hit so i'd love for it to be back up and running too. it sure does help spread things out when all 3 mountains are up and running in mk

WDW1974

I don't really care when it opens as I have no plans on heading to WDW over the long, hot, wretched summer ... but I only wish that when it opens that it can hold a candle (even just a small one) to the ride I just experienced in Paris (that has loads more effects and setpieces to begin with and only had one effect inop on my rides).

IlikeDW

I don't really care when it opens as I have no plans on heading to WDW over the long, hot, wretched summer ... but I only wish that when it opens that it can hold a candle (even just a small one) to the ride I just experienced in Paris (that has loads more effects and setpieces to begin with and only had one effect inop on my rides).

And is much more exciting since it actually drops stuff on the guests. Of course the tree of life recently got that upgrade also...

Bolna

Nothing ever burned on BTM but the flash flood was excellent. You'd hope after a lengthy refurb the ride would be fully show compliant.

What is the flash flood?? I just watched your Big Thoundermountains video and saw it being mentioned, but could not figure out what it was and how it differs from what is there now.

Tom

Beta Return
Nothing ever burned on BTM but the flash flood was excellent. You'd hope after a lengthy refurb the ride would be fully show compliant.

People might be thinking of the former burning house on the banks of the Rivers of America. You could see it from BTMR, right?

And I guess I don't remember a flash flood. How long has that not worked? I mean, the town has always been flooded, but it was stationary water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom