Any new thunder mountain info?

Tom

Beta Return
I heard with new attractions, they put the ride through a 72hour test, does BTMRR need a test like that for this refurbishment

I would hope it's at least 72 hours non-stop. If they worked on track and brakes, they need to test it as if it's a brand new attraction. Find any weld that's even slightly loose. Find a brake shoe that's not closing, or is closing too fast.

And to make sure all the program and logic controlling is working PERFECTLY. Between the braking and the PLCs - those are the only two things keeping your train from slamming into the back of another. The more testing, the better :)

GymLeaderPhil

There may be a soft open tomorrow.

Some more rumblings: New AAs in the flood scene, the queue has been completely reconfigured, A/C in the station.

Atomicmickey

The A/C alone is worth the wait! Looking forward for pics and videos of the grand re-opening.

Wow, who would have thought they'd just plop the Adventurer's Club
right in the middle of the queue for Big Thunder? Seems like an
odd place for it. Well, at least it's back! People are going to be
excited!

'Hold on to your personal belongings -
especially 'them hat 'n' glasses, 'cause KUNGALOOSH!

erasure fan1

The A/C alone is worth the wait!

I would have settled for them smoothing out the gut buster that is the train stopping after it pulls back into the station. :lol:

Im looking forward to seeing what they have done. I hope its back to former glory. I will see in less than 3 weeks!

Tom

Beta Return
I'm assuming there will be little buttons to press along the queue to set off geysers ala Kali Rapids exit bridge.

Or the entire queue building has been reconfigured to accommodate people with hips wider than 12", and at the same time replicating a mine explosion?

Tom

Beta Return
The New Thunder Mountain... for people with hips that don't lie

But really, the previous queue should have only been built in Asia (or another location where the people are stereotypically small). There are places in the old queue that narrowed like Willie Wonka's hallway.

csm

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad has reopened

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad reopened a few days earlier than the projected end of refurbishment. It's open and running right now!

MerlinTheGoat

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad reopened a few days earlier than the projected end of refurbishment. It's open and running right now!

Actually open to the public? Or are they just running some of the trains for testing without the general public?

If the former, guess we'll be getting some info about what's new (as well as anything that is or isn't working) soon.

csm

Actually open to the public? Or are they just running some of the trains for testing without the general public?

If the former, guess we'll be getting some info about what's new (as well as anything that is or isn't working) soon.

Why would I say open if it wasn't open?

MerlinTheGoat

Why would I say open if it wasn't open?

Some people might see trains running during a testing phase and assume the ride is simply open to everyone. And I've no idea whether it's you who saw it or whether you're getting second hand info. No need to snap, I was simply asking for clarification. If you saw it running and open to the public, then I believe you.

Anyways. Hope all the figures are back at the flooded town scene (and that it's actually flooded again). And i'm very curious to know what they've done to the third lift hill (if anything). I had heard the refurb was actually BEHIND schedule, surprised it opened this early. I hope nothing was neglected and rushed in favor of getting the ride back up ASAP. IMHO, rides should only open when they are truly ready.

csm

No need to snap, I was simply asking for clarification.

The majority of members on this site just have an ugly habbit of second-guessing *everything*. If that's not you, then apologies - but in general, it's exactly why I've been registered here for six years (and several longer than that on an earlier screen name) and have less than 500 posts to this day.

Anyway, just trying to share the information. I know many people - myself included- look to sites like this for late-breaking info on when things might be opening, and often times are met with pages and pages and pages of nothing. Since I myself was looking at this thread yesterday trying to find opening info, now that I have it, I want to share it so others can make actual use of this thread!

Go ride it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom