Any new thunder mountain info?

cjkeating

Surprised there has been no 'confirmation' of what the queue line and falling rock tunnel will contain when the ride reopens... can anyone shed any light?

Captain Neo

Why did they never fix the flamming Hut on Tom Sawyer's Island? It used to look so awsome when you zipped by on Big Thunder. I hope they turn it back on.

cwolnowski

I was at MK on Tue., 5/15 and took a good look at the progress being made. I saw workers painting as well as many of them doing work on the queue. There were also workers laying down what appeared to be electrical wiring around some of the tracks. In the evening there were trains running (albeit without any guests). However, as was noticed while riding the WDW Railroad, all of the animatronics had been taken out of the "town scene" (presumably for refurbishment/ repair). All that being said, I doubt there is going to be a soft opening in the next week or two.

As an aside, I was really hoping the Liberty Belle refurbishment would have been completed a few days earlier than the scheduled 5/20 completion and my family and I could have ridden it, but alas, no luck .. just another excuse to visit next year I guess!

wdw71fan

I was at MK on Tue., 5/15 and took a good look at the progress being made. I saw workers painting as well as many of them doing work on the queue. There were also workers laying down what appeared to be electrical wiring around some of the tracks. In the evening there were trains running (albeit without any guests). However, as was noticed while riding the WDW Railroad, all of the animatronics had been taken out of the "town scene" (presumably for refurbishment/ repair). All that being said, I doubt there is going to be a soft opening in the next week or two.

As an aside, I was really hoping the Liberty Belle refurbishment would have been completed a few days earlier than the scheduled 5/20 completion and my family and I could have ridden it, but alas, no luck .. just another excuse to visit next year I guess!

not electrical.. Fiber channel

Tom

Beta Return
not electrical.. Fiber channel

Why would they install fiber-optics along the track? Is that new infrastructure for their PLC's and vehicle tracking/block system? That's about the only reason I can see why they'd need fiber.

Could it be a new ground cable, providing new grounding/bonding of all the track?

muse1983

The train is running as I type this and a cast member said they heard it could be as soon as Monday for a soft opening. From what I can see its ready to open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom