Any new thunder mountain info?

RalphinSC

So have any Frontierland CM's gotten their BTMRR marching orders yet? MAybe we can get someone scheduled to work the ride on May 28th and after to quell any and all speculation.

The Duck

What is the flash flood?? I just watched your Big Thoundermountains video and saw it being mentioned, but could not figure out what it was and how it differs from what is there now.

The flash flood scene is when you're riding past the town of Tumbleweed with it's streets flooded with water. Professor Cumulus Isobar (Professional rainmaker) is seen bailing water out of the back of his wagon and a man is seen in a floating bathtub while spinning in a whirlpool. Of course, it's hard to see all the details since you're whizzing by at a pretty good speed but the scene is clearly visible from the WDW Railroad.

coolbeans14

that sounds really cool, I'd love for that.

saying that, I'd love for the paris one in florida because let's face it, that is general epicness.:)

Bolna

Thanks for the flash flood info!! That sounds really cool and I would love for it to come back! Somehow the bathtub scene makes much more sense then - I always wondered why this guy is floating in his bath tub, but it seems like he was washed out of his house by the flood?

Captain Neo

Nothing ever burned on BTM but the flash flood was excellent. You'd hope after a lengthy refurb the ride would be fully show compliant.

I was referring to the burning building on Tom Sawyer's Island that was always visible from Big Thunder.

burningcabin_dl_1.jpg

Good News

i was at disney today and i see all the plywood and scafolds removed and finished and the trains are cycling thru.. it looks really close to being done, possibly just a inspection approval away.. also i asked a train conductor and he said it looks like next week

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
i was at disney today and i see all the plywood and scafolds removed and finished and the trains are cycling thru.. it looks really close to being done, possibly just a inspection approval away.. also i asked a train conductor and he said it looks like next week

Cant wait to see the first pics and reports :sohappy:

WDW1974

^ yep. The flash flood was far more severe, with churning fast flowing water. Not the pond it's become.

Funny, scary and sad how people don't even know what they're missing as the Disney Details keep leaving WDW be it the flash flood or the settler's cabin etc.

Look at all the fuss over DCA 2.0 precisely because of all the detailing being put into the park from attractions to merchandise to food to entertainment.

Why is WDW so different from the others?

Rob562

Funny, scary and sad how people don't even know what they're missing as the Disney Details keep leaving WDW be it the flash flood or the settler's cabin etc.

Look at all the fuss over DCA 2.0 precisely because of all the detailing being put into the park from attractions to merchandise to food to entertainment.

Why is WDW so different from the others?

If I'm not mistaken, Disneyland took out their burning cabin before WDW did.

At least WDW didn't try and replace it with unconvincing blinking colored lightbulbs on the roof like Disneyland did for a while...

-Rob

Jakester

So ... 5days until the reopening, Does it look like its all going as scheduled? I plan to vist next tuesday if BTMRR is running.

hollywoodj

Looking at the construction site last night, everything looks to be getting wrapped up. There is minimal scaffolding around, and a few more things in the queue that appear need work. I would expect it to reopen as scheduled.

Goofy6294

Right, but what did the bus driver say:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom