Any new thunder mountain info?

MerlinTheGoat

The majority of members on this site just have an ugly habbit of second-guessing *everything*. If that's not you, then apologies - but in general, it's exactly why I've been registered here for six years (and several longer than that on an earlier screen name) and have less than 500 posts to this day.

Anyway, just trying to share the information. I know many people - myself included- look to sites like this for late-breaking info on when things might be opening, and often times are met with pages and pages and pages of nothing. Since I myself was looking at this thread yesterday trying to find opening info, now that I have it, I want to share it so others can make actual use of this thread!

Go ride it!

I wasn't second guessing, and that's definitely not something I do. Just asking literally for clarification. I don't doubt your word and look forward to hearing reports on what the ride is like. As it stands, several other people have reported it's open as well.

Unfortunately I cannot ride it anytime in the near future. Perhaps not this year. I'm working towards a trip to California hopefully before the end of the year and i'm likely not returning to WDW until next year if I make it to CA (Disneyland being one of the things I intend to visit, yay!). So i'll make do with second hand details about what's happened during the refurb.

EDIT- Wonder what the evac was about...

Tom

Beta Return
Does anyone know why there was an evacuation?

It broke.

But seriously, if they're letting people on, and yesterday it was carrying water dummies, they just haven't worked the kinks out of the new ride control system. That's why they do soft openings. No guarantee that you'll get to ride, or complete an entire ride. They just need bodies on the ride to work out the bugs (after it's deemed safe, of course).

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
It broke.

But seriously, if they're letting people on, and yesterday it was carrying water dummies, they just haven't worked the kinks out of the new ride control system. That's why they do soft openings. No guarantee that you'll get to ride, or complete an entire ride. They just need bodies on the ride to work out the bugs (after it's deemed safe, of course).

Rumour has it somebody forgot to hold onto their hats and glasses...... :lookaroun

MickeyPeace

Lets get some reports beyond it's open. How is the queue? Is it interactive? Is it air conditioned? Are the rocks shaking in the cavern? Are there new show scenes? What is the Adventurer's animatronic in the queue? How much different is it with the Standby and FP queues switched? Are all of the geysers working? Is the flood flooded, etc,

I'll be there Monday but if anyone has info then share.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The load area does now have AC.

The queue has been reconfigured and may have cooling, but was not operational today. There is ducting on the ceiling and vents.

No significant show changes.

No moving rocks.

Everything has been painted.

Fastpass and standby lines have been reversed.

I'll have a video up on the site tonight.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
The load area does now have AC.

The queue has been reconfigured and may have cooling, but was not operational today. There is ducting on the ceiling and vents.

No significant show changes.

No moving rocks.

Everything has been painted.

Fastpass and standby lines have been reversed.

I'll have a video up on the site tonight.

Any Interactive cue elements???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom