Any new thunder mountain info?

basas

Rode BTMRR yesterday. Great to have it back. With the fastpass machines closed during the soft opening, I found myself questioning if fastpass was a good idea to begin with. I know this argument has been hashed out before, but we got in line which extended about 30 feet beyond the entrance of the queue, and were on the ride in 25 minutes. All of the loops were open in the queue and we moved at an almost constant walking pace. It's amazing how quickly the line progresses when there's no fastpass queue to compete with. By contrast, we had a fastpass for Splash, the fastpass return extended beyond the entrance, and we waited 25 minutes in the fastpass queue. I know Splash has a much lower capacity than BTM, but it was quite a comparison nonetheless.

When we rode Space Mountain at Disneyland back before it officially opened in 2005, it was the same way. Or you can look at Forbidden Journey which in my experience has also tended to move quite fast (sometimes too fast to take in the full story/details of the queue). Toy Story Mania and Little Mermaid also have much more bearable queues at Disneyland where they have no Fastpass service. It is a true shame that “Fastpass Plus” is being added to rides like Haunted Mansion, Small World, Spaceship Earth and Pirates.

Tom Morrow

Personally I would LOVE for Disney to take, say, an expected busy day at DHS, and not give out Fastpass for anything. I really, really would love to see what the wait times for RnR and TSMM would be. Of course, Disney will never do that, and even if they did, the average guest would just be mad because "this is ridiculous! I had to wait 30 minutes for Toy Story Mania because there were no Fastpasses given out!"

WDW1974

I didn't really have any expectations of new effects. I simply expect that all switched off or broken effects be fully restored when an extensive refurb happens. I expect a ride that has been closed for a major refurb to work as it was originally intended to work when it comes back online.

This is TDO of 2012.

This is TWDC of 2012. They have social media whores, they have their own blog, they have young fanbois in the Twitverse.

What I am saying is that you expect too much.

They deliver as little as they possibly can while playing it up through marketing as much as they can.

Be happy. It's open. It's running. It's a western-themed coaster.

Look at Splash Mountain or Space Mountain after their recent closures, this is as good as it gets ... because this is good enough for far too many fans and they can fool far too many non-regulars ... and the DVCers ... well, they've paid Disney their money, what leverage do they really have?

Anyway, back to my latest 'vacation' ... I'll see you all a little later ... with killer threads (yes, I am a Spirited ) on DLP's current shape ... and the WDW of 1990 vs. today.

Have a MAGICal week y'all!:drevil::king::wave:

Jakester

so after its 1st offical day of operation (offically reopen), Has the queue seen the kaboom mentioned before, has the waterfall at the top of the Lift A been turned on, and has the Projection technology in Lift C been turned on?

Bolna

Anyway, back to my latest 'vacation' ... I'll see you all a little later ... with killer threads (yes, I am a Spirited ) on DLP's current shape ... and the WDW of 1990 vs. today.

Have a MAGICal week y'all!:drevil::king::wave:

Enjoy your vacation! Just wanted to say that I am really looking forward to reding your thoughts about DLP. I was there this spring as well and am curious to read what you have to say about it and compare it with my experience!

WDW1974

Enjoy your vacation! Just wanted to say that I am really looking forward to reding your thoughts about DLP. I was there this spring as well and am curious to read what you have to say about it and compare it with my experience!

Thanks, I'm enjoying it a lot.

ALthough the weather is a bit different than Europe, that's for sure.Did you write a trip report about DLP? I'd be curious to compare notes with someone who was there around the same time.

I'm now debating whether I can do TWO theme parks this week instead of just one. Oh, the problems of being a one percenter!:D:drevil::king:

As to BTMRR, a CM pal sent me a note after riding and said that other than lightbulbs still being out, railings in the queue that hadn't been touched and effects missing/not working that the rehab was a great success.:rolleyes:

Atomicmickey

I'm just wondering what the chances are that the water, rocks, and lightbulbs WILL be done.

The two effects, well, maybe I can see where they'd not turn them on right away. Maybe. Maybe they just want to have it up and running for a few days with people on it before dialing them in. Maybe.

The lightbulbs are a mystery.

I mean, if I was supervising the project, the last thing I'd do is walk around and make sure it was JUST RIGHT. Wouldn't anyone? So you can say, "yup. Looks great. Job well done." I mean, they cleaned up the construction mess, right?

And really---could it be anything like "hey, there are some light bulbs burned out." "oh, forget it. We don't have the budget. That's not important. Who cares?" Really?

That's just nuts.

So, this is perplexing.

Vernonpush

I remember some talk of "video projection", but it may be a "rear projection" as opposed to "front projection" like MM&Y. :shrug:
There would be 'holes' on the side of the lift track and space behind and/or above to place projectors...

Huck

BTMRR appears to be 101 as of right now. Not sure what's up but it looks as though a train is stopped atop one of the hills. Is this a new show element that I missed?

Tom

Beta Return
does this include the 6 (or so) crates that are lined up and look very much like a fastpass distribution in configuration?

I was wondering the same thing. They're lined up oddly like FP machines, but thats obviously not where FPs will be distributed, of any kind. Perhaps some sort of kiosks where you can control special effects on the ride, or sme sort of local game like Jungle Ned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom