any harry potter fans?

ImaginEAR

JKR's publicist says she is still writing and there is no current plans to announce the completion of the first manuscript in January...

However, book store owners have been recieving notices to expect an announcement in January.

By the by, Spinner's End, Draco's Detour, Felix Felicis.

stitch rocks

FutureCEO said:
ok so

1. hermione with a charm to clear the rain from their goggle

2. draco acting as a dementor causing harry to use a patronus during quidditch.

did you notice that too or something else

can't forget how harry got the firebolt

tiggerlover1971

Woohoo I am so excited now that I know the date it will be release I am just finishing up ( rereading the Order of the Phoenix ) and I am excited to see what happens next I tried getting into that JKRowling site and well when I clicked on the christmas tree nothing happened but on Mugglenet I saw the letter that comes after you answer the riddles

MKCustodial

Ok, this one is real short: the American edition of the new book is to have 672 pages. I wonder if we'll need a forklift to buy number 7... :p

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
I'm kind of relieved that it's a little under 200 pages less than book 5...of course, that just means less Harry Potter, but book 5 was a LOT of reading!

MKCustodial

Funny you should mention that. I decided to go check my book, and our version, which is about the size of a hardcover edition, has 702 pages. I wonder how many pages it'll have after transation and adaptation. I have the feeling I've read somewhere that JK mentioned something about every book being longer (and thicker) than the previous one.

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
I read an interview with her where she said at least the 6th one would be shorter (this was while she was still working on the 6th). Maybe the 7th as well, but I can't quite remember.
So book 5 for you was only 702 pages? Our hardcover was 870.

barnum42

imagineer99 said:
Gosh, I wish they would stop making these movies.

They pale in comparison to the books. Can't we all just enjoy reading for once?
Given how many people won't read a book, if seeing the film then makes them pick up a book in order to read it for enjoyment rather than being forced to by their teachers it can only be a good thing.

MKCustodial

barnum42 said:
Given how many people won't read a book, if seeing the film then makes them pick up a book in order to read it for enjoyment rather than being forced to by their teachers it can only be a good thing.

That's how I got hooked on this series. I'd have never picked it up if it wasn't for the movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom