any harry potter fans?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I just got back from the movie, and I approve.. It was good.

when Cedric died, my heartstrings were seriously tugged. Some parts were exactly as I pictured them (ie- the duel between Voldemort and Harry).

What else... I'm surprised Voldemort had no nose EEEEW!!!

And the Beauxbaton girls are HOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
HOTHOTHOTHOTHOT
HOT
HOT HOT HOT

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Probably...

but according to IMDB, the actress portraying Fleur Delecour is 18...

so I can think she's hot. HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT

nibblesandbits

Ok, I saw the movie as well...and it was definitely good.

The first thing to know is that this movie does follow the major plot line of the book...the only thing left out or changed a bit were a few minor details that may be important to other movies, but were not pertinant for this movie.

The beginning threw me a little because that is where they cut a lot of what is in the book that wasn't important to the movie, however, once the first 30 minutes are over and the plot really starts, nothing REALLY glaring is missing.

I thought that Ralph Finnes (who plays Voldemort) did an amazing job. He definitely can pull off evil. And I did think that the duel scene was pretty much how I expected it to be, like Rob said.

There was some humor mixed in this one (probably because if there wasn't the movie would just be really dark and depressing). The funniest part of the movie revolves around the dance.

Overall, I give this movie 4 and a half out of five stars.

As a side note: My friend who hadn't read the book had no trouble following the plot and thought it was a great movie.

nibblesandbits

MouseMadness said:
I think this will be the Thanksgiving movie for the big kids, and the little ones can see Chicken Little again or something. :)

This movie is definitely for the bigger kids. The scene where Lord Voldemort comes back, to me, would be pretty intense for a smaller child. I'm 22 and I was scared even after I had read the book and knew what was coming...imagine a small kid.

MKCustodial

So for those who've seen it already:

1) Is it better than the others? And by that I mean, the first two were very faithful to the books and to the feel of the Potter Universe; the 3rd one had major changes both in script and in visual style. How does this one compare?

2) We know the whole house elf plot is out, and also the Dursleys, Bagman and the older Weasleys. Anything else that had major page time in the books was left out?

nibblesandbits

MKCustodial said:
So for those who've seen it already:

1) Is it better than the others? And by that I mean, the first two were very faithful to the books and to the feel of the Potter Universe; the 3rd one had major changes both in script and in visual style. How does this one compare?

2) We know the whole house elf plot is out, and also the Dursleys, Bagman and the older Weasleys. Anything else that had major page time in the books was left out?

1. I think it is pretty faithful to the book. There are some changes that you notice that are very minor...for example in the movie, Voldemort knows that Harry survived because his mother's love protected him...where as in the book he does not. It's basically little things like that. (I hope no one gets mad that I just posted that. I didn't want to post anything else that I noticed since it just opened and I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it.) The visuals of the movie fall in line with the third movie...just so you know.

2. I can't think of any MAJOR thing that is missing...it's been a while since I read the book...it was a bit wierd to see a movie without the Dursey's in it. I think that by starting with them in all the movies it's a good way to get people into the mix of things...with this movie it seems to jump into things quickly. (And for good reason...as I said I didn't get out of the theaters until 2:40 a.m.) The only changes in the movie besides those were the minor changes that if you've read the book you notice, but if you are just seeing the movie for the first time, you don't think anything of.

MKCustodial

Well, I just got to that part in "Goblet", and Voldemort does know Harry survived because of his mother. I gotta get the book and actually look for the word "love", but he does say it was her sacrifice that saved Harry.

nibblesandbits

MKCustodial said:
Well, I just got to that part in "Goblet", and Voldemort does know Harry survived because of his mother. I gotta get the book and actually look for the word "love", but he does say it was her sacrifice that saved Harry.

Really...I do not remember that!! Maybe I need to read the book again! I swore it was Dumbledore who told Harry that.

CaptainMichael

mkt said:
Probably...

but according to IMDB, the actress portraying Fleur Delecour is 18...

so I can think she's hot. HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT
Yeah, when she was first announced her official site had pictures of her in a role she was nude in. You can still find them using Yahoo! image search.

MKCustodial

nibblesandbits said:
Really...I do not remember that!! Maybe I need to read the book again! I swore it was Dumbledore who told Harry that.

It was. But when Voldemort resurrects, he tells his tale to the (I don't know the name of his followers in English, only in Portuguese). And then he mentions Harry's mother actually saved him, he was trying to prove his point that Harry was no match at all for him.

DisneyFreak529

My father saw it and loved it. My husband & I are waiting till tonight or even tomarrow to see it. I was going to go yesterday, but my husband wanted to rest up for bowling. Good think he rested up because he shot his frist 300 yesterday. So we partied last night so were not going this afternoon because were still a little hung over from last night. So maybe tonight or tomarrow. :wave:

nibblesandbits

MKCustodial said:
It was. But when Voldemort resurrects, he tells his tale to the (I don't know the name of his followers in English, only in Portuguese). And then he mentions Harry's mother actually saved him, he was trying to prove his point that Harry was no match at all for him.

Oh...well...I guess I was wrong then...oops! However, there were actually other moments that were changed...(I think...:lol: )

(By the way, Voldemort's followers in English is Death Eaters...what is it in Portugese???)

nibblesandbits

DisneyFreak529 said:
My father saw it and loved it. My husband & I are waiting till tonight or even tomarrow to see it. I was going to go yesterday, but my husband wanted to rest up for bowling. Good think he rested up because he shot his frist 300 yesterday. So we partied last night so were not going this afternoon because were still a little hung over from last night. So maybe tonight or tomarrow. :wave:

Congrats to your husband!!! That is quite an accomplishment!

imagineer boy

I just got back from it, and I say, JOB WELL DONE! It was very good.

Here's what I liked: The way they fit the whole book only into 2 hours worked perfectlky. There were a few things that they cut out that I would've liked to see, but I do understand the reason why they cut them out. Especially SPEW, it would've been nice to see it, but its not important to the plot, so why keep it? All the performances were great. Daniel Radcliff gave his best performance of all the Potter movies. And the guy who played moody was excelent. The special effects were also top notch. The scene with the dragon had me on the edge of my seat, the second task was very well done, and all the effects in general were great. Voldemort was SCARY. Wow, he was really scary. They did a good job with him. Actually, did anyone else find the death eaters scarrier? The scene where they were burning all of the tents at the world cup was frightening. BTW, did anyone else notice that they kinda looked like KKK people? I think that's the feeling they were trying to convey. I also liked how they made better use of all of the cast such as McGonnagal, Filch, and the others. In the last one, they were kinda reduced to backround people, but in this one, they are given much more to do. It was also very sad at the end. I heard a few sniffles in the audience. Having Cedrics dad there really made it sadder than it was in the book. Forget Fleur, Emma Watson takes the cake as the hottest girl in the movie!:sohappy:

Now here's what I didn't like: There are only a few things I have to nitpick with. I thought it got a little too over dramatic in some points of the movie. Scenes like where Hermoine screams at Moody to stop the cruciactus curse because it bothered Nevill, and the scene where Dumbldor practically shoves Harry into the wall in anger asking if he put his name in the cup, it just didn't seem very Dumbledorish to me. The scene with Murtle in the bath tub with harry took it a little to far IMO, and it kinda came across as bizaar. The musical score was good, but no where near as good as the John Williams scores. The Willams music had a more soaring feel-good quality about them that nailed the feel of Harry Potter perfectly.

Other than those small gripes, it was very well done. Definately the best in the series!:sohappy:

MKCustodial

nibblesandbits said:
(By the way, Voldemort's followers in English is Death Eaters...what is it in Portugese???)

Comensais da Morte. According to the dictionary, a comensal is someone who eats together, so I guess the name makes sense. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom