Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

Lintemuthstudios

I know everyone thinks that One Man's Dream and Indy/Star Tours will be the first to go, but what about the land to the right of Tower of Terror that currently houses the Beauty and the Beast show? They could easily retheme RnRC, renovate Tower of Terror with a new storyline like what Disneyland Paris is doing, and build a E-ticket on the BatB land. Then connect Sunset Boulevard back to Animation Courtyard so it's no longer a dead end.

My idea would be to turn the entire dead-end of Sunset Boulevard into a tourism district. Tower of Terror stays as is because of it's hotel theming already fitting in with the land, RnRC would get rethemed to a bullet train (or maybe just a coaster in general, since this is a tourism district after all) The E-ticket attraction would be an advertised as an tour, but it gets hijacked (not unlike Star Tours) and then some sort of Disney IP gets involved. Or they could clone over the Zootopia attraction from Shanghai, but I'm not sure how well that would fit in with the land. Just spitballing here.

Mike S

renovate Tower of Terror with a new storyline like what Disneyland Paris is doing
RageFace.jpg

MistaDee

I know everyone thinks that One Man's Dream and Indy/Star Tours will be the first to go, but what about the land to the right of Tower of Terror that currently houses the Beauty and the Beast show? They could easily retheme RnRC, renovate Tower of Terror with a new storyline like what Disneyland Paris is doing, and build a E-ticket on the BatB land. Then connect Sunset Boulevard back to Animation Courtyard so it's no longer a dead end.

My idea would be to turn the entire dead-end of Sunset Boulevard into a tourism district. Tower of Terror stays as is because of it's hotel theming already fitting in with the land, RnRC would get rethemed to a bullet train (or maybe just a coaster in general, since this is a tourism district after all) The E-ticket attraction would be an advertised as an tour, but it gets hijacked (not unlike Star Tours) and then some sort of Disney IP gets involved. Or they could clone over the Zootopia attraction from Shanghai, but I'm not sure how well that would fit in with the land. Just spitballing here.

I feel like tourism as a theme suffers the same problems as a California theme in California. You're already a tourist why would you want that doubly enforced?

Lintemuthstudios

I feel like tourism as a theme suffers the same problems as a California theme in California. You're already a tourist why would you want that doubly enforced?

True, but that's the only way I can see ToT remaining the same if Sunset Boulevard gets an upgrade. They can't do a giant IP land down there without retheming the entire tower and alienating a ton of the fanbase, while getting rid of the parks' second best ride at the same time.

Timothy_Q

True, but that's the only way I can see ToT remaining the same if Sunset Boulevard gets an upgrade. They can't do a giant IP land down there without retheming the entire tower and alienating a ton of the fanbase, while getting rid of the parks' second best ride at the same time.
Good thing they’re not doing a giant IP land down there.

Tower of Terror is literally the only attraction at DHS that does not need an update.

There’s a long list of places where money should be spent first elsewhere in the park

Franklin47disneyguy

Good thing they’re not doing a giant IP land down there.

Tower of Terror is literally the only attraction at DHS that does not need an update.

There’s a long list of places where money should be spent first elsewhere in the park

Prio 1: Animation courtyard replacement
Prio 2: Echo lake replacement (Stuntshow, star tours)
Prio 3: GE expansion

Lintemuthstudios

Animation courtyard should be worked on waaaaaaaaay before Sunset blvd...JMHO

That's already getting a ride in the Black Box. The reason why I'm suggesting a Sunset Boulevard expansion is because almost the entirety of the new additions are in the west side of the park, completely opposite of ToT. RnRC is supposed to get rethemed anyways, and they want to connect Sunset to Animation Courtyard somehow, so why not expand Sunset while they're at it?

Mike S

That's already getting a ride in the Black Box. The reason why I'm suggesting a Sunset Boulevard expansion is because almost the entirety of the new additions are in the west side of the park, completely opposite of ToT. RnRC is supposed to get rethemed anyways, and they want to connect Sunset to Animation Courtyard somehow, so why not expand Sunset while they're at it?
What ride and what Black Box?

Mike S

It's a trackless dark ride that supposed to open at DHS and DCA in 2022 if you believe the leaks. It's mostly screen-based to allow for IP changes in short periods of time. It's probably going to end up in Animation Courtyard where Ariel and One Man's Dream currently reside.
Any ideas what it’ll be when it first opens? Also this doesn’t sound too promising. I feel like something built to last would be more effective.

Bleed0range

Hell no. There's so much else they can do here that's not princess-related. Zootopia, Pixar, Big Hero 6, Indiana Jones, Eternals, Toontown, Cars, etc.

Not saying I want that, but I’m thinking about how they might utilize something that’s already essentially been designed elsewhere in some way. Seems like they like to do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom