Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Really? It's only .7 miles? I was measuring it as a little less than half a mile from where you board the train. Regardless, the comparison with EPCOT isn't a good one because you're walking through the park and by attractions etc. (well, maybe not at the moment...). My imagined walk up to Planet Watch is by a whole bunch of nothing.

I didn't realize all of that land behind the Jungle Trek and Kali Rapids was usable for Animal Kingdom, though. Of course, if that's all developable land, then they don't have to do a ton to Planet Watch (especially since, again, it houses all the vet facilities). Develop all of that land and Planet Watch is something people can walk to/is next to other areas of the park, rather than being an isolated area with no access other than a train.

They should plus up Planet Watch and maybe add some other activities (although I imagine the Animation Experience would be a pretty big hit if it didn't require a separate train ride), but they wouldn't need to demolish and replace it -- which is something I don't think they would do anyways because of the vet facilities.

The point of walking there is that all the unused land is transformed into attractions. Until then, you have the train.

UNCgolf

The point of walking there is that all the unused land is transformed into attractions. Until then, you have the train.

That's exactly what I said.

My point was that Planet Watch likely won't be changed significantly regardless (if only because of the vet facilities) whereas some people here have suggested it be turned into some big new attraction. People have also listed it as the first thing they should work on, which doesn't make any sense. All that unused land needs to be filled before it's even feasible to use Planet Watch for anything else.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I love the idea of the next E ticket being a wrath of nature inspired exploration themed ride in Animal Kingdom, either in Pandora or Dinoland.

ETA - Do not want to see an Indy overlay on Dinosaur, just an updateto that ride. Indy deserves his own new ride elsewhere )or maybe somehow incorporated with the above exploration themed ride).

Last edited:

NoChesterHester

I love the idea of the next E ticket being a wrath of nature inspired exploration themed ride in Animal Kingdom, either in Pandora or Dinoland.

ETA - Do not want to see an Indy overlay on Dinosaur, just an updateto that ride. Indy deserves his own new ride elsewhere )or maybe somehow incorporated with the above exploration themed ride).

Agree. AK needs more capacity, not redos of existing.

RSoxNo1

Can someone please explain to me why they don't want more E-tickets at this park? Why would you want more c-tickets or d-tickets (I get the flat ride conversation) when you can have a much better, much larger-scale ride in a e-ticket?
There needs to be a balance. Don't get me wrong, we'd all welcome new e-tickets, but the smaller scale attractions have a place and a value as well.

RSoxNo1

I still haven't heard any kind of realistic proposal for what they could do with Planet Watch. It's probably too far away from the rest of the park to be accessible without some sort of transportation (I think it's about half a mile, so roughly a 10 minute walk each way), but is there the space to build something that could move enough people efficiently enough to have any kind of big draw there? Additionally, what can they build that wouldn't cause animal welfare concerns with the savanna nearby and all the vet facilities etc. right there?

As far as the Imagination Pavilion, yes -- just do a fully updated/reworked version of the original ride (taking advantage of all the new technology available), which was family friendly, a people eater, and one of the best rides Disney has ever designed.
Unfortunately, I think the most logical choice here would be keeping it as is, or perhaps as a backstage area. In order to access Rafiki's Planet Watch and the plot North of Asia they would have to alter or remove the Maharajah Jungle Trek and/or Kali River Rapids.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Unfortunately, I think the most logical choice here would be keeping it as is, or perhaps as a backstage area. In order to access Rafiki's Planet Watch and the plot North of Asia they would have to alter or remove the Maharajah Jungle Trek and/or Kali River Rapids.

No, there's space between Trek and the RR to have a walking path. A much wider one if the RR goes...

To get from the EPCOT gate to American Adventure is .8 miles.

To get from the DAK gate to Planet Watch by way of a imagined walking path is .7 miles.

Here's what you got to work with...

View attachment 425382

RSoxNo1

No, there's space between Trek and the RR to have a walking path. A much wider one if the RR goes...
Right, but to get to that area you're talking about the longest walk from park entrance to a guest area of any Disney park if I'm not mistaken. A better option would be to utilize that area as the back part of a land or better yet, the Asian Safari as originally intended. Make it a guest area but one that's part of an attraction.

Edit, I've got them both at around .8 (American Adventure and path through the train station to Rafiki's Planet Watch

Disneyson

I have a strong feeling that something gets either two weeks after Mickey and Minnie opens, or during the 50th press release. I also have a strong feeling that this announcement means saying goodbye to BatB in favor of some other princess-centric experience. Considering that 3/4 parks have a BatB presence, and with all of the 4 attraction options and two nighttime spectaculars for BatB being shows.. well. I love the movie, but I think it may be over-saturation.

EPCOTCenterLover

Original Poster
I have a strong feeling that something gets either two weeks after Mickey and Minnie opens, or during the 50th press release. I also have a strong feeling that this announcement means saying goodbye to BatB in favor of some other princess-centric experience. Considering that 3/4 parks have a BatB presence, and with all of the 4 attraction options and two nighttime spectaculars for BatB being shows.. well. I love the movie, but I think it may be over-saturation.
I wouldn't consider it over saturation until we get that mega E Ticket from Tokyo. ;)

Disneyson

Maybe they could replace the space used for the France film in Epcot

I think we all know that’s not enough space for another big trackless ride. I also don’t think it’d be good to put two of the same kind of ride in the same “land”. And — well...there’s probably a better (and more) space for it in Belle’s Village, I think.

tirian

Maybe they could replace the space used for the France film in Epcot
Blasphemy! ;)

I think we all know that’s not enough space for another big trackless ride. I also don’t think it’d be good to put two of the same kind of ride in the same “land”. And — well...there’s probably a better (and more) space for it in Belle’s Village, I think.
I’d rather have that than the overrated restaurant.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
While I'm inclined to agree, I'd welcome bulldozers (or even Excavators) in Dinorama. Personally, I don't think the park actually needs another roller coaster, but I'd love a major attraction where you see extinct animals in this area. I'd also like it to not have a height requirement.

20k subs! Version 2.0.

The anchor attraction for the site formerly known as DinolandUSA. As for Dinorama that stuff could be transplanted elsewhere in the parks. A coaster for MK, a spinner and dig site for DHS.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom