Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Have there been any updates or rumors to what could be coming to DHS regarding new lands?

Trusted insiders say there are plans that may connect RnRC to somewhere in Animation Courtyard, but don't say what, and certainly aren't saying it's greenlit or budgeted.

So, IOW.... maybe something sometime.

Last edited:

Bocabear

I was hoping for a fully realized and immersive ToonTown...... With a RR Cartoon Spin, Rethemed R&RC and maybe another flat ride... it would finish out that side of the park in a thoughtful way...right side of the Chinese Theater: Animation, Left Side, : Adventure Films ...Move Muppets to the Indiana Jones Stunt Show area...Place a real Indiana Jones ride where Muppets currently sits, Turn Muppet Courtyard into Shanghai 1935, Pizza place becomes Asian style eatery, Mama Melrose becomes Club Obi Wan restaurant. PERFECT fit for the park!
Meanwhile Muppets would still have it's own cul-de-sac and the Backlot Express could become a Muppets themed eatery...there would also be enough space there for a flat ride themed to the Muppets.

MistaDee

There didn't seem to be anything barely warm after we heard a few years ago that the next phase (2? 3?) was off the table for now.

Would you be able to give a sense of what was being rumored for the next phase? I think I remember discussions of overhauling the Dinosaur area revamps, the Indy/Star Tours area but don't have a sense for what was being looked at/considered.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Would you be able to give a sense of what was being rumored for the next phase? I think I remember discussions of overhauling the Dinosaur area revamps, the Indy/Star Tours area but don't have a sense for what was being looked at/considered.

Monstropolis, then, no. Indy, then, no. FoP type of ride, then no.

Doesn't matter what ideas are floating about. Until it is seriously worked on, some other idea will knock it off the table.

MistaDee

Monstropolis, then, no. Indy, then, no. FoP type of ride, then no.

Doesn't matter what ideas are floating about. Until it is seriously worked on, some other idea will knock it off the table.

Absolutely - nevertheless, I think it's fascinating to get a sense of how their thinking evolves in terms of location/attraction type/IP. Thanks for the insight!

Animaniac93-98

These changes, on top of what we got, would have made DHS the best park in Orlando:

- Kept GMR and built MMRR in the Launch Bay space
- New shows replacing Mermaid and BatB
- Star Tours reskined as another property
- Indy stunt show replaced with some combination of Adventure and another, secondary ride (Raging Spirits?) or a raft ride of Adventure

They can still do most of this. Let's hope they do and soon.

MistaDee

While those changes would certainly make the number of big ticket attractions more competitive, however DHS would still have a long way to go from an immersive environment perspective to compete with MK, AK or even IOA.

That transportative feeling of otherworldliness is a big part of what separates great theme parks from good ones.

Lintemuthstudios

I just remembered that the black-box dark ride is supposed to open in 2022. Hopefully that's true. Otherwise, I'm betting on one of the Disney parks opening a major expansion in 2023 to combat Epic Universe, whether that's Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

MistaDee

I just remembered that the black-box dark ride is supposed to open in 2022. Hopefully that's true. Otherwise, I'm betting on one of the Disney parks opening a major expansion in 2023 to combat Epic Universe, whether that's Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

What's been rumored about the black box ride?

Minthorne

After the Edge? A very steep drop. Or dragons.

1575665463558.png

Mike S

These changes, on top of what we got, would have made DHS the best park in Orlando:

- Kept GMR and built MMRR in the Launch Bay space
- New shows replacing Mermaid and BatB
- Star Tours reskined as another property
- Indy stunt show replaced with some combination of Adventure and another, secondary ride (Raging Spirits?) or a raft ride of Adventure

They can still do most of this. Let's hope they do and soon.
If Mickey went there I say level all of it and finally give us a proper ToonTown. Star Tours stays so that the OT and Prequels have a presence since SWGE is exclusively sequels. GMR is still gutted but made into a new GMR. The ride would now be something like RotR and be more hectic with an example being Alien switched out for Aliens with the scene being the Xenomorph hive and an encounter with the Queen. New movies are added and others are removed as well.

UpAllNight

I feel like DHS is done and off the radar for a considerable length of time now. In the same way it was over a decade from Everest to Pandora, and it’s looking it will be between Pandora & whatever’s next for AK. It’s absolutely not a finished park, I just can’t picture a scene where they greenlight another major expansion at this stage.

New shows next I feel.

jt04

I feel like DHS is done and off the radar for a considerable length of time now. In the same way it was over a decade from Everest to Pandora, and it’s looking it will be between Pandora & whatever’s next for AK. It’s absolutely not a finished park, I just can’t picture a scene where they greenlight another major expansion at this stage.

New shows next I feel.

My guess is the next thing after the 50th stuff already underway is a clone of the new SWSA at DL. In the old MK space. 2022 or 2023. Hoping for a big investment at one of the parks in 2024 and every year after. IMO.

Lintemuthstudios

New shows next I feel.

Plus the black-box, but that's more of a small expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom