Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

drod1985

A fifth gate might help capacity and congestion, but the theory is that it'll have a low ROI in the long term.

Non-locals can already spend a week at WDW as-is. A day for travel + a day at each of the 4 parks + a flex day to go off property/Disney Springs/relax at the resort + your day to travel back = 7 days. That's probably the max of a full-on Disney vacation. So a fifth gate likely wouldn't entice people to stay longer, they'll just be slightly more spread out.

Franklin47disneyguy

A fifth gate can only help with congestion at MK if it can convince people to give up a day at the MK and go there instead. Which means a brand new fifth gate has to be better than the MK.

This means building a new park with at least 20 rides (MK has 27).

Anyone see that happening?

I can see a park happening with 20 generatic themed stores with each its own cupcake.

SplashJacket

Not that I know of

All budgets have been on a rollercoaster the last few years. There’s usually an x budget of proposed projects, then a y budget of x plus more. Then a settlement somewhere between the two. Then numerous constant tweaks both up and down until locked and authorised.
So Hollywood Studios has a ballpark budget for a future rollercoaster. Possibly a third GE attraction?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I see the “what are they desperate to build next?!?” Showed up in record time...

Didn't some of the DHS budget get moved to Epcot?y
Budgets are not what you think they are...they are far more hypothetical than “planning”
Not that I know of

All budgets have been on a rollercoaster the last few years. There’s usually an x budget of proposed projects, then a y budget of x plus more. Then a settlement somewhere between the two. Then numerous constant tweaks both up and down until locked and authorised.
So what you’re saying is: budgets are hypothetical
A fifth gate might help capacity and congestion, but the theory is that it'll have a low ROI in the long term.

Non-locals can already spend a week at WDW as-is. A day for travel + a day at each of the 4 parks + a flex day to go off property/Disney Springs/relax at the resort + your day to travel back = 7 days. That's probably the max of a full-on Disney vacation. So a fifth gate likely wouldn't entice people to stay longer, they'll just be slightly more spread out.
Correct...low ROI longterm and park cannibalization makes more gates essentially ineffective
A fifth gate can only help with congestion at MK if it can convince people to give up a day at the MK and go there instead. Which means a brand new fifth gate has to be better than the MK.

A fifth gate will only be considered when their data tells them that people will ADD 2 days and go to it...not shift from magic kingdom. That is why it is unlikely ever to happen
There’s.... talk of money available.
You know better than anyone that means nothing. It’s like me saying I saw the Sasquatch in my backyard last night.
What I would really like in SWEGE is a boat ride but I doubt that’s in any of the plans
Problem there is you can’t come up with a ride less suited to Star Wars. Expansion (not happening) would need to be more junior appropriate rides combined with something that lights your hair on fire

Not el rio del tiempo

SCOTLORR

Nothing is marked yet. There’s proposals for several areas of the park.
I see people thank u for the info on this website all the time but it really can't be said enough. Your additions to this forum are incredible and greatly appreciated. That being said, any clue on which proposed area has an edge over the others? I gotta at least try for some more info :D

RSoxNo1

20 rides means at least 15 different lands. Do they have 15 different IPs that they want to get into the parks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom