Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
20 rides means at least 15 different lands. Do they have 15 different IPs that they want to get into the parks?

Monstropolis
Zootopia
100 Acre Woods
Wonderland/Looking Glass Land
Super Hero Land (Incredibles & Big Hero Six)
Cars Land
Villains Land (easily 2 lands' worth)
Land of the Dead (Coco and Book of Life)
Exploration Port (this is worth about four lands including S.E.A., A Night at the Museum, Indiana Jones, National Treasure and a rip-off of DisneySea)
Robotica (Robots, WALL*E)
Ice Age
A full Pirates Land (like Shanghai)
A full Frozen Land
HalloweenTown
Sporting Land (Mighty Ducks, et al.)
ToonTown

drod1985

Build a park with any 5 of the 11 that I bolded and I'd absolutely pay to go to that park.

Monstropolis
Zootopia

100 Acre Woods
Cars Land
Land of the Dead (Coco
and Book of Life)
Exploration Port (this is worth about four lands including S.E.A., A Night at the Museum, Indiana Jones, National Treasure and a rip-off of DisneySea)
Ice Age
A full Frozen Land
HalloweenTown

ToonTown

HauntedMansionFLA

Monstropolis
Zootopia
100 Acre Woods
Cars Land
Land of the Dead (Coco and Book of Life)
Ice Age
A full Frozen Land
HalloweenTown
ToonTown
Awesome list. Love the HalloweenTown idea. Lots of different things that can be used in that land.

1. In five years I see they building a Zootopia land. But not in Animal Kingdom, where it makes no sense. Zootopia is a name of a city, so... makes more sense in EPCOT! Will be the first of a whole new fictional geography locations, eventually also Wakanda, Asgard, Olympus, El Dorado, Atlantis... you name it. (okay I'm only dreaming right now)
  2. I think they will build a Ice Age land in Animal Kingdom, probably where Dinoland is. By Ice Age I mean the "Ice Age" age, not the IP. But the IP would have some presence. Or maybe just a Ancient Land of extinction animals. The thing is... they need to do something about the Dinoland. Also, I hope see some plans for a South America land as well. Animal Kingdom need some love after EPCOT.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Just thinking again about how much potential Disney wasted by having so much of the DHS remodel focused on Galaxy's Edge and TSL.

What they could have done instead (IMO):

- Replace the Indy Stunt show and Star Tours with a "Lucas Land" (as previously suggested), featuring RotR & related Star Wars shopping and dining, but also an Indy raft ride and coaster, possibly with a Autopia-style ride similar to Treasure Hunters at Universal Singapore (except not...terrible).
- Have a 14-acre version of Toontown instead of GE with Runaway Railway and other attractions to compensate for Toontown Fair's closing. Also include a new indoor theater and animation exhibit with a Mickey & the Magician-style show. Disney Jr could also find a new home here.
- Have the TSL plot and Animation Courtyard become a larger Pixar Studios with several attractions based on Pixar movies (and not just Toy Story). If they wanted to save money they could have copied Crush Coaster and/or the California Monsters Inc ride.
- Update the GMR instead of scrapping it to save on construction
- Replace the Theater of the Stars with Crimestoppers (not necessarily based on the Tracy movie)

^ In this scenario we would have gotten a similar ride mix to what we have now AND more, but with greater potential to showcase various movies and strengthen the Hollywood theme of the park while also highlighting Disney's big brands, as is the companies #1 priority.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
After going to Hollywood Studios last week my brother had an interesting idea. Since the eternals are at walt disney presents will an eternals ride or land come to the park. I think the eternals are one of the only marvel properties besides guardians disney can use.

I am not too sure how much the theme parks go into MCU decision making. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there was pressure to make movies with Marvel ensembles that can be used in Orlando.

HauntedMansionFLA

I am not too sure how much the theme parks go into MCU decision making. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there was pressure to make movies with Marvel ensembles that can be used in Orlando.
What popular Marvel characters can be used at WDW and currently in development in movies and Disney +?? What popular characters could he used in the future? I’m not a Marvel expert at all. Any thoughts? @Mike S ??

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After Disney acquires the rights to everything else, an immersive TeletubbiesLand would be my guess as to what comes next.

Teletubbies are nice. I'd like to see a lovely open green space somewhere in WDW...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom