Any absolutely BIZZARE CM/Character experiences?

danpam1024

I had a Peter Pan come up behind me and start talking to me about my "pirate markings" (tattoos). It was cute and fun at first and then as he went on and on it got quite uncomfortable and awkward. I politely asked him to "have a magical day" (hint -leave me alone now) and he continued. Since he was already up in my face, I whispered- "we're done now, so move along or it's going to get loud". Hate to be rude sometimes, but some people don't know when enough is enough!

MIKETFROMRI

Thought it might be fun to share anything just downright odd regarding past interactions/conversations with WDW cast members or characters. I have one that continues to be an inside joke with our family:

On one of our visits when I was still in Middle School, on one of our last days, we were in the Magic Kingdom and saw Mary Poppins strolling around Main Street greeting guests and twirling her parasol dressed in her Jolly Holiday best. Because we were young, and it was the thing to do, my brother and I got excited and approached Ms. Poppins with our autograph books in hand. My younger brother went up to her and said "Hi, Mary Poppins! Can we get your autograph?" Mary looked at us, smiled and said, "Oh, children! I'm not Mary Poppins! I'm Sarah Pixley! I'm here auditioning children like yourselves for a fun new performance!" she then took my brother's autograph book and happily scribbled down "Best wishes, Sarah Pixley xoxo" It was-otherworldly. We were both dumbfounded and kind of crushed that we'd been duped by a Poppins impostor. While she was signing my brother's book, I had slipped mine away so Sarah couldn't contaminate my book with her ordinary, non-magical, non-Disney name. We thanked her and walked away as she said "I hope to see you at the audition!" Behind us was literally a line of children. A man with his daughter ushered her towards Ms. Pixley saying "Go ahead, let's get your picture with Mary Poppins!" And as if on cue, she happily chimed, "I'm not Mary Poppins, sir, I'm Sarah Pixley!"

To this day, my family randomly says "I'm Sarah Pixley!"

And you guys, her costume was spot on. Like it HAD to be from the costuming department, there's no way it wasn't.
Well this wasn't quiet bazzare, more " really neat"...when our son was like 3 we were eating lunch at the old Odysee restaurant, during the " Clap Your Hands Show"..showed had just ended and charecters started mingling in crowd ( No security patrols then)...our son was,nt eating and Pluto must have over heard my wife begging him to eat. Pluto came over, pulled up seat next to high chair..took spoon and proceeded to feed him his baby food. It was incredible to see his eyes get so wide, staring at PeePlute ( thats what he called him) and open his mouth wide and ate all while staring Pluto down!..I know I have pics this somewhere!!!!!

DinoInstitute

Well, this one technically was at Universal, but I guess I'll share it.... So when I was younger, it was towards the end of a rather odd day at Uni (Thats a whole 'nother thread...) and some college girl who I didn't even know what character it was (It looked a bit like mary popppins in a way), grabbed my hand from the behind me that totally caught me by surprise and said something like "Well hello there! What is your name? Are you having a great day?!" I wasn't much of a character person, so i was a little awkward, as well as it being at the end of my odd day. My dad just said "he's actually not feeling well today, so...". And then she went out of character, muttered "ew" under her breath, let go of my hand, and walked away. Then she turned around, still out of character and said, "Oh wait, do you want my picture?". We responded no thanks, and she just suddenly went back into character and said "O-k! Bye Bye!" and skipped off to another little kid.

ninjaprincesst

We were at 1900 Park Fare and there was a little boy that had a stuffed nemo sitting on the table , Drucilla grabbed nemo and screamed across the dining room " look Anatasia , found him !" It was too funny.

Then another time we were eating at Garden Grill and my daughter had a Jack Sparrow shirt on, Chip came up pointed at he shirt and started duing a dead on perfect Jack Sparrow stagger walk, then he pulled my daughter up and made her do the walk with him, then he grabbed her hand and off they went staggering around restaurant.

seahawk7

Thought it might be fun to share anything just downright odd regarding past interactions/conversations with WDW cast members or characters. I have one that continues to be an inside joke with our family:

On one of our visits when I was still in Middle School, on one of our last days, we were in the Magic Kingdom and saw Mary Poppins strolling around Main Street greeting guests and twirling her parasol dressed in her Jolly Holiday best. Because we were young, and it was the thing to do, my brother and I got excited and approached Ms. Poppins with our autograph books in hand. My younger brother went up to her and said "Hi, Mary Poppins! Can we get your autograph?" Mary looked at us, smiled and said, "Oh, children! I'm not Mary Poppins! I'm Sarah Pixley! I'm here auditioning children like yourselves for a fun new performance!" she then took my brother's autograph book and happily scribbled down "Best wishes, Sarah Pixley xoxo" It was-otherworldly. We were both dumbfounded and kind of crushed that we'd been duped by a Poppins impostor. While she was signing my brother's book, I had slipped mine away so Sarah couldn't contaminate my book with her ordinary, non-magical, non-Disney name. We thanked her and walked away as she said "I hope to see you at the audition!" Behind us was literally a line of children. A man with his daughter ushered her towards Ms. Pixley saying "Go ahead, let's get your picture with Mary Poppins!" And as if on cue, she happily chimed, "I'm not Mary Poppins, sir, I'm Sarah Pixley!"

To this day, my family randomly says "I'm Sarah Pixley!"

And you guys, her costume was spot on. Like it HAD to be from the costuming department, there's no way it wasn't.

Launchpad79

We were the last ones in line for Rapunzel and Snow White before the other group came through. As my daughter was talking to Snow White, Rapunzel came over and all three of them had a big group hug. Then I asked Rapunzel if she could give my son a hug. She looked at me funny,
image.jpg
image.jpg
told me not to tell Flynn, grabbed my son and she and Snow White planted a kiss on him. He may say he didn't enjoy it, but we all know otherwise.....

horizons82

One morning we were having breakfast at the Crystal Palace and Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore were all making their rounds visiting the tables.

As Piglet came around to our table, my wife (a vegetarian) pointed to my plate and exclaimed to Piglet, "Look Piglet, he's eating bacon and sausage!". Piglet just kind of held up his hands to his mouth as if shocked and it was pretty funny.

And even though my wife is a vegetarian, she meant it in good fun and we all had a good laugh about it and how Piglet reacted :)

Patrick_Ears

My wife and I were only married a year and in Epcot one of the countries was having some type of dance show and we were sitting at a small table just watching. One of the dancers kept waving me to come up and dance with her and I just shook my head 'no.' She kept coming over and grabbing me by the arm to try and get me to come up there. We eventually had to walk away because she wouldn't let it go. Hours later we're walking around the area again but there's no dance going on anymore. We're standing there and I feel this tug and it's this girl again. She winks and tries to pull me to dance again. We had to bail again and we didn't come back by any more that day.

hey now.... what's going here. lol

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I was in Camp Minnie Mickey and was going to take a picture with Mickey Mouse. I put my arm around him and blurted out, "oh, Mickey's wearing a bra". "He" jumped back real quick!

Another day I was strolling through Epcot and spotted Mary Poppins. She noticed my Cheshire Cat tattoo and said to Alice, "Look Alice, it's the Cheshire Cat!". I thought that was great!

Queenof<3<3

My DD4 has a habit of covering her ears when there is a character that scares her (instead of her eyes go figure). So while watching the jedi training academy a storm trooper was to close for her comfort and she was there covering her ears. Storm trooper sees her and covers his ears. A little while had passed and he was a bit far from her so she put her hands down. From across the stage he looks back at her and up go her hands again covering her ears and he covers his again and walks over to her. So for the entire show anytime she did it he did it. It was adorable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 158

Figaro928

On a Sunday in September, we had the whole family wear our Green Bay Packers shirts. We did a M&G with Tiana and boy did she let us have it...evidently she's a Saints fan. Go figure:rolleyes:

Years ago - early 90s - we did a M&G with Jasmine & Aladdin in HS. Jasmine was y and barely smiled. she was upset that she needed a break before the parade. Totally broke character right in front of us. My younger brother had a huge crush on her and we still think he's forever scarred. haha

kimbermouse

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner!

Was with family and friends...with 4 kids, 4 years old each and a 8 year old (yes, LOTS of fun)...eating at the character dinner in The Land's Garden Grille.

Pluto comes over to our table and jokes with one of the kids next to me...puts his nose nearby and spills the sprite I was drinking.

Pluto got this panicked motion, then heads to the side of the restaurant...at this point overlooking one of the scenes from Living with the Land, puts his foot over the railing and acts like he's going to JUMP over.

one of the 4 year old girls FREAKS OUT crying hysterically.......I think it wasn't the best idea...but Pluto isn't getting his foot off the railing, I'm kinda just sitting there, finally someone from my table came over and Pluto said "I'm stuck!"...he was able to get the foot down.

It took a while for the girl to get over what happened, Pluto tried to kill himself in front of us...........
This same thing happened to us a Garden Grill about six years ago. Pluto came and reached for my daughter's hand asking her to dance with him. When she wouldn't, he ran to the railing and threw his leg over! She screamed "NOOOOOOOOO! Don't do it. I'll dance!" and he came back. It was hilarious!!!!

Rutt

Best one we have was at 1900 for breakfast. Winnie kept pulling pranks on my wife. At one point she was scolding my youngest about something and as she's doing that, Winnie sneaks up behind her (my two boys are trying their hardest at this point to keep a straight face watching Winnie sneak up behind her). He then drops his head down and head butts the top of her head causing her to literally jump right off her seat. I have to find the picture and post it.

I also had an awesome tug of war with Goofy over my pen and when I won, he kept pointing at my goofy tshirt until I took it off, and then took it and walked away. Very awesome times.

Tobe

My partner and I were getting our "free" Chase Disney Visa picture taken at Epcot on afternoon. We were each standing on either side of Goofy and he grabbed/patted our behinds. I guess he figured we were "family". We thought it was hilarious but kind of a risky thing to do in case we got offended and reported him.

Last edited:

Dwarful

We did the Pirates and Princess Party. Our youngest was about 3 and she fell asleep in the stroller. While we were doing the walk about getting candy and such the CM's started to cover our youngest in the bead necklaces they were giving out. By the time we were walking out she was covered in what looked like a blanket of beads. Best pictures of any of our trips!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
On one of the back stage tours we saw Woody the Cowboy without his Head/Hat (mask) on.. When they realized we saw him hey hurried him along so no one could take a picture... :(

While they were redoing the Pooh M&G location, those characters kicked Woody and Jessie out of their regular position and into a location directly in the way of both Keys to the Kingdom and the marching bands. Thus just happens to coincide with a gas leak that Disney covered up causing hallucinations.
Coming back to this (four years later), if it was between January and August of 2012...
that may have been me.

Raineman

I have a couple of things from our last trip last year. DW and DD were at a M&G with Chip and Dale at Rafiki's Planet Watch, and Chip was playing with my daughter's long blonde hair, and actually put it up in a temporary bun-not easy to do with those big character hands. One night at MK, we were watching the MSEP in the little roped off area with the benches just off the hub on the path to LS (which was very cool and very nice of the CM to select us for that), and when Captain Hook went by on his float, I stood up and did the Peter Pan hands-on-his-hips pose, after which Hook pointed to his eyes then pointed at me in a "I'm keeping my eye on you" way. Gotta love those unexpected interactions from the CMs at WDW.

IanDLBZF

This happened on April 22, with a friend of mine from college.
We meet Chip'n'Dale at Hollywood Studios and not only had I bought along plushies of Chip'n'Dale but was wearing this:
ChipandDaleMagicband-600x300.jpg

Along with MagicBandits of Chip'n'Dale. And guess who managed to take off my MagicBand? Dale! He must have recognized himself and Chip on there and was so excited he ran off! The blueberry was like "Hey! Where are you going?!" It was funny!
Also Dale burped in my friend's ear, which I never heard of before! I know the fur characters can make a kissing noise which I have had happen to me TWICE with Judy Hopps (and Pluto, Stitch, and (I think) Dug can make a slurping sound), but never had I heard of them burping into one's ear!

BigRedDad

At SSR, there was a "special" CM. He could not have been nicer and full of Disney knowledge. He loved pin trading and would only trade if you could answer one of his Disney trivia questions. He would keep asking until you got one and then he traded a pin with you. He always had another CM close to step in if they thought the interactions were going on too long. My DD sought him out every day to trade pins with him. She enjoyed trying to get the questions right and learning more Disney information. I can't remember his name, but you knew he enjoyed it when people talked with him longer. Most people would do what they could to make the interactions short.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom