Any absolutely BIZZARE CM/Character experiences?

TinkerBelle8878

I only remember this because my parents had it on video, but during one of the parades, my younger sister was dancing and Chip or Dale came over and started imitating her. It was pretty funny to watch. And apparently chipmunks dance like toddlers.

There was also a time when my grandmother got into an argument of sorts with one of the Robin Hood characters at a Character breakfast. This was back when the most random characters showed up at those breakfasts, not princesses or Mickey. She kept calling him King because he was wearing a crown and he kept trying to tell her he was the prince. Finally he took one of our pens and wrote it out on her placemat in exhasperation. It was pretty funny.

DisneyDad1977

I was at MK with some friends several years ago at closing time after EMH. Launchpad, Pluto, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie and Tigger were out in the Castle Courtyard with their "friends" when it started to pour like the world was going to end. The characters tried to find shelter but when they couldn't they just got more into "character". They were splashing us and each other as well as their "friends". Watching Tigger bounce while chasing Pluto through gigantic puddles is something I will never forget.

JafarMaleficent

At 1900 Park Fare, Anastasia told us she thought that Prince Charming had a shoe fettish, and that she would want a Prince that got her nice purses and bags...to which i asked "does that mean you have a leather fettish", its the only time i have seen a character struggle to stay in character, she got beat red, you could tell she wanted to snap back with something funny, she turned to my fiance and said "he's a naughty one isn't he?"...then she pulled it together. We explained to her that we had just gotten engaged that day at Cinderella's table, she brought over all of the others and told them. While they were all looking at her ring and admiring it, she looked at me and said "take a picture dummy"...to this day that remains the funniest character experience yet.

How long ago was this? It sounds oddly familiar I may have been there that night.

l4dybu6

I find it interesting when I find out that a Few Characters could glomp you..I have quite a few Kingdom Heart Shirts (For anyone who is video game illiterate and have NO Clue what it is..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts) I came into Epcot Character spot donning one of my KH shirts and as you recall you meet mickey and go down the line...Well, it was almost around closing when I met them so there was about 5 or 6 people ahead of me and I was the tail end when they closed the door for the night..So my turn came up and the first thing that happens is out of Nowhere Pluto does a Mad dash over and just Hugs me..Mickey tries to calm him down which made him look confused until he pointed out to my shirt Mickey then got excited which then brought Donald & Goofy and they just were so excited to see a Kingdom Hearts fan in front of them...I would mention all the stuff I told them about the game but, unfortunately...Unless you know the game I am wasting time explaining it..But, let's just say they did do one scene where Goofy get's injured which made the CM's burst in laughter...
That's awesome :p
I guess I'm wearing my Kairi costume to MNSSHP this year!

AllyInWonderland

I don't know if these are bizarre, but when I was little, Aladdin called me a midget which made me angry.

My recent trip in December, I bought a Alice shirt at Downtown Disney, and when I wore it to the magic Kingdom, Alice made me do the pose she was doing on the shirt. Then during the afternoon parade, Hatter saw me and got Alice and pointed to me and they got all excited and Peter Pan who was also on the float got all confused and pointed to me and was like, "Her?" And then Wendy waved to me, and Alice blew me a goodbye kiss. I video taped it. And then when I was eating breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, Mad Hatter came up to me and was angry that it was Alice on my shirt instead of him. Then he noticed my Tim Burton Mad Hatter hat and he picked up and was like," Oh, there's me! Oh wait, it's the Depp!" So I told him that "the Depp" was way scarier than him. It was pretty funny. :)

HouCuseChickie

Being hit on by Goofy...

Back in my high school and college days...I had the dumb luck of encountering Goofy's that were just a bit too "friendly." Mind you, this was Disney of the late 80s and early/mid 90s, so things are a bit different now. Still, I'm sure these guys probably would have been fired if I'd let anyone in charge know. The most extreme was a Goofy who approached me from behind, surprised the living daylights out of me, and then tried to drag/carry me off...literally. It all happened so long ago, so some of the details are now kind of fuzzy...but we wound up right near a cast member's only door and he started acting like his heart was beating out of his chest. At first I thought it was just more generic flirtation, but it went to another level on this instance. His 'handler' then inquired about where I was staying, phone, etc. As odd as it was, they really weren't creepy or anything like that and Goofy stayed as close to "in character" as possible. At the time, I was just very flattered - especially since I gathered they were taking a huge risk. Still, highly bizarre behavior for a character.

moonwishes2013

We seen Chip & Dale in Animal Kingdom, I went up with my DD ( a Make A Wish Child ) & one of them just kept his hands on my shoulders & nuzzled my neck the whole time, I was laughing so hard, I thought I was going to pee my pants. We still talk about, that was 3 yrs ago.

DancingPhoenix

I can't say I've had an BIZARRE encounters, but during a parade a few years ago I had my Minnie Mouse ears on (I always wear them while at WDW) and was watching the afternoon parade. Once the float with the fab 5 came around, Minnie pointed to my ears and gave me a thumbs up... but then Mickey saw me and started freaking out and pointing at me and making love gestures and blowing kisses. Clearly he got confused as to who the real Minnie was :p

My favorite character experience ever was with Chip and Dale on Main Street. I was just going to get a picture and autographs but they had other plans. After we took the picture Chip started to slow dance with me, spinning me and the like in a waltz when he got down on one knee and pointed at me and the castle. He wanted to marry me and move to the castle! Dale got mad at him and then looked a my pins as Chip was trying to drag me away, but then both got mad when I didn't have any pins of them! I have since gotten several Chip n' Dale pins, and I hope to see those specific Chip and Dale again.

JafarMaleficent

On one of the back stage tours we saw Woody the Cowboy without his Head/Hat (mask) on.. When they realized we saw him hey hurried him along so no one could take a picture... :(

We saw Cinderella with her gown off, she was carrying it over her shoulder with just her bloomers, shoes and wigs and a tank top on. She was talking on a cell and looked horrified when she saw a tour group coming by.

Hallucinations. There are more of them. Everyone knows Woody cant take his head off and Cinderella only does that around Prince Charming. If hes not watching ESPN.

5thGenTexan

While on the Magic last October on a 7 night cruise my wife came back to the cabin and told me they saw the Queen of Hearts and the White Rabbit. When I found them, they were people lined up for photos. Between kids I was able to get a shot of the Queen without anyone else in the picture. She saw me take the picture and as I was letting my camera down (DSLR) she scolded me and indicated she wanted me to continue shooting and she was striking various poses. :)

Also, back in 1992 when I was in high school our band marched in one of the parades in the Magic Kingdom. While backstage getting ready to go out into the parade we saw Chip N Dale with thier "heads" off.

Walt Disney1955

In 2009 at Animal Kingdom my wife got her picture taken with Raifiki. I took the picture and when she approached Raifiki I jokingly told him I was "watching him". After the picture he takes her hand and walks away with her kind of coaxing me to chase them. What the heck, I do it. He is literally stealing my wife from under my eyes and I'm chasing him around the trees and such. It was funny. Good times.

While I never experienced the other one I remember distinctly seeing a picture on this board once of people at Disney World "Tebowing" if you know what that is. For those that don't know Tim Tebow was/is a quarterback in the NFL with a devout Christian faith that kneels down and silently bows his head after a touchdown. It became a trademark of his especially when he played more last year and it was popular among NFL fans. Anyway, there was a picture someone posted on here of a guy "Tebowing" while getting a picture of Donald. I don't know for sure, but on the outside Donald seemed to let on that he knew all about what that meant, I wonder if the cast member on the inside was a huge NFL fan just dying to talk football! Anyway, it looked like a fun interaction.

Tinkerbell 8

There are two funny character moments I can think of. First after my then DH and I got engaged, we got a picture with Captain Hook and Smee. Smee grabbed my left hand to examine the ring and he was poking fun at my fiancee saying it was small and he would give me a bigger ring and started dragging me away. The second time was during the Keys to the Kingdom tour, we were backstage near splash mountain and we saw Woody and Jessie without their heads, and to a lot of peoples surprise, Jessie was actually a guy, and one of the people in the group said "looks like Jessie has a Woody" and they said it close enough to the tour guide that you could hear it through the ear pieces. Jessie and Woody heard and started cracking up and started joking around with all of us.

dopeylover

My husband and I were on our honeymoon, and an older Cast Member (like mid to late 50s I'd say) asked us if we wanted him to take our picture as we were headed into Jungle Cruise. We didn't really want one at the time, but he was very sweet, so we said OK. He started talking to us about being newlyweds, and then he started telling us this was his last day working there as he was moving to Tokyo. I was surprised that someone already so settled in life was making such a huge life change, and I had asked why he was going and if he was transferring to Tokyo Disney. He said no, he had met a woman online from Tokyo, and he was going there to marry her. He was in the process of adopting her children, and he sends money over there to take care of him. And then he said, "Yea, and I've got a pretty great business going on there that starts today, this guy contacted me online and I'm transferring a chunk of cash over to him today, so I'm ready to go!" And the color drained from my face, because as this guy kept talking, it seemed pretty clear to my husband and I that maybe the fiance was true, but this guy was definitely swindled out of a large amount of money by someone he never met on the internet.

It broke my hear because he was so excited, but what was I to do? Take this CM aside whom I've never met before and sit down and tell him I think he's flushing his life down the toilet? Lol. We spoke a little longer, and we wished him the best and went on our way, but that was definitely the strangest CM experience I've ever had. I think about that guy every now and then and hope it worked out for him.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
On one of the back stage tours we saw Woody the Cowboy without his Head/Hat (mask) on.. When they realized we saw him hey hurried him along so no one could take a picture... :(
While they were redoing the Pooh M&G location, those characters kicked Woody and Jessie out of their regular position and into a location directly in the way of both Keys to the Kingdom and the marching bands. Thus just happens to coincide with a gas leak that Disney covered up causing hallucinations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom