Any absolutely BIZZARE CM/Character experiences?

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
In 2005, on our first visit to WDW, we were at Epcot close to midnight. The park was almost deserted and we ran into Stitch and some CMs near Innoventions. Stitch was goofing off and pretending to be on the phone. Then he got upset and ran by all the phones in the area and knocked down the receivers.

stitch1.jpg

stitch2s.jpg

hull327

My wife and I were only married a year and in Epcot one of the countries was having some type of dance show and we were sitting at a small table just watching. One of the dancers kept waving me to come up and dance with her and I just shook my head 'no.' She kept coming over and grabbing me by the arm to try and get me to come up there. We eventually had to walk away because she wouldn't let it go. Hours later we're walking around the area again but there's no dance going on anymore. We're standing there and I feel this tug and it's this girl again. She winks and tries to pull me to dance again. We had to bail again and we didn't come back by any more that day.

Dragonessa

I don't know if this is considered weird, but I vividly remember when my mother and I went to Animal Kingdom. We met King Louie (the orangutan from the Jungle Book movie). He is one of my mother's favorite characters and I recall that he kissed her and she kissed him back! I thought it was really adorable and funny! Oh and Timon used my head as an armrest for a picture (because I was a freaking midget little kid at the time lol).

WLBound

My funniest experience happened in Epcot. I waited in line to see Pluto because he is my favorite character and for some reason we seem to miss him a lot. While my husband was taking the picture I noticed Pluto seeming to get very excited about something. I looked down and realized he kept pointing at my chest. The look on my face must have been priceless because the handler rushed over to explain that he noticed the kittens on my shirt and being a dog he had to point them out. My husband was laughing because he had figured it out but he never thought to share it with me. I could have killed him that day. Needless to say every time we see Pluto now he has to remind me of that day.

DWLove

I think it was when I was about 8 or so, my mom and I were sitting in fantasyland just enjoying ice cream. Next thing we know the Queen of Hearts and Captain Hook are 'fighting' each other near our table. Well the Queen of Hearts decides she needs to up her game so she came over a yanked (in no way gently) the hair elastic out of my hair and uses it as a sling shot! It ended with her breaking the elastic and me getting a free pack of Disney ones! One time I will never forget!

Oh, and at the MNSSHP in 2011 Tarzan would not stop flirting with me!

gwhb75

We have two.

1) At 1900 Park Fare: Both our kids were much younger and still into autographs. They had an autograph book and we had found Disney pens that were on a retractable string (so you could stretch them out to sign things, and then they retracted back into their holder when you were done using them). Anyways, Lady Tremaine (the wicked Step Mother) came over in full character and was giving the kids a hard time. She then took the pen and pulled on it so hard that the whole thing broke (the holder broke open, the spring inside went flying and the string broke). I just looked at her and said "wow, you really are wicked breaking my kids pens and all...". She had a hard time staying in character after that.

2) This one isn't so much funny, but was just kind of odd. We were staying at Beach Club, and were looking for a dining resrvation one night (we had somehow got things screwed up when we tried to change our existing reservation and ended up with none). Anyways, we went to the customer service desk and asked if there was anything for Crystal Palace (this was in September). The CM behind the desk just said "I can tell you there won't be any room there, so I'm not going to even look". Figuring how much help I was going to get I decided to go back up to the room, logged on the the Disney website, and booked Crystal Palace for that evening (apparently it wasn't as busy as we were being lead to believe). Just thought it was odd that the CM wouldn't even look.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner!

Was with family and friends...with 4 kids, 4 years old each and a 8 year old (yes, LOTS of fun)...eating at the character dinner in The Land's Garden Grille.

Pluto comes over to our table and jokes with one of the kids next to me...puts his nose nearby and spills the sprite I was drinking.

Pluto got this panicked motion, then heads to the side of the restaurant...at this point overlooking one of the scenes from Living with the Land, puts his foot over the railing and acts like he's going to JUMP over.

one of the 4 year old girls FREAKS OUT crying hysterically.......I think it wasn't the best idea...but Pluto isn't getting his foot off the railing, I'm kinda just sitting there, finally someone from my table came over and Pluto said "I'm stuck!"...he was able to get the foot down.

It took a while for the girl to get over what happened, Pluto tried to kill himself in front of us...........

LostPrincessKarleigh

I don't remember this story much, but my mother has the pictures to prove it! Ha!
When I was about 4-5, my family was taking pictures with Pooh and Tigger. At the time, Pooh was my idol and I had a little blue water canteen with him on it (and I still have it!) So I step up to Pooh, all shy and offering him my autograph book, and he just takes the canteen and starts pretending to drink out of it. Of course, I'm giggling and trying to tell him it's not honey when Tigger decides he's thirsty, too and takes it from Pooh. Well, I was having none of that, so I walked over and kicked Tigger in the leg and start scolding him about manners and wiatibg his turn! Tigger acts all hurt and Pooh (as well as the rest of the line) is laughing hysterically. At this point, I get Tigger to lean down, take back the canteen, and throw my autograph book at him BEFORE going back to Pooh.
Ah, memories. :D

ferbtones

Cool thread.

On our honeymoon in 1998, DH was wearing a Warner Bros Taz t-shirt and Mickey totally pulled him on it. And on the photo we have he actually has his arm covering DH's t-shirt so you cant see the image.

Two Pooh stories. When DS was 2 we had breakfast at Crystal Palace and Pooh accidentally sat on him while interacting with another family. Had him squished right up against the sofa style chair. Pooh's handler was having a fit because he wasn't paying attention.

Then last year we were near Splash Mountain and Pooh was with Tigger, the queue was huge, and Pooh decided to spend a long time with our DD, who was 4 then. It was excruciating as the stares from other families in the queue were burning into my neck. I kept saying "ok bye Pooh", but he would not let her go out of this huge bear hug. She loved it, and it was sweet, but oh the stares.

This Easter we went to Disney Paris for our 6th visit, and we always notice how people don't get in line for characters like they do in the wonderfully well organised USA. It is a scrum every time, and a bit off putting to be honest. We have had lots of images ruined by someone else's kid in it, really rude and unpleasant experiences, so we do not do characters over there, we wait for Florida.
But this year our DD was dressed as Alice in Disneyland Park when we wandered past the Queen of Hearts. She had the usual full scrum in front of her, pushing and shoving for autographs and images. She spotted my DD and literally barged through the crowd to get her hand and interact with her, twirling her hair, having her curtsey, showing her flowers that were white not red. It was amazing. The scrum was stunned. Best character ever. I am going as the Queen for MNSSHP in her honour!

GeekDad

On my honeymoon we were there during Star Wars weekend and being a big fan we went around to all of the M&Gs. We got our picture taken with Chewie and he had one of the Ewoks with him. The Ewok held onto my wife's hand the entire time and would not let go. When we were done she had to pull her hand free.

On our last trip I swear I had a picture of my wife walking away from Sully and Mike with our son and Sully was obviously staring at my wife's behind. I can't seem to find the picture but I didn't even notice it until we were going through our pictures after we got home.

Black Pearl

We were recommended what adult beverage to purchase at Chef Mickey's by Minnie on our honeymoon. That was pretty great and memorable.

Speaking of which, we went to see Mickey and Minnie in MK and had our bride and groom mouse hats on when they did this whole spectacle for us consisting of a fit between Minnie pantomiming "where's my ring?! She has one ! Where's mine?!" an Mickey held his hands out to her like "don't get any ideas" and pushed her back and held his head in shame. It was a fairly lengthy mini show that was hilarious and had us cracking up. Of course there were no children near by during either of these.

Chrononymous

Not really Bizarre...but pretty funny at the time...

I was waiting in line for ToT, and I had just gotten up to the elevator loading, as I was telling my sister in law how many "Hollywood Tower Hotel" themed items I have in my bathroom at home.

The CM there overhears the conversation and was pretending to be appalled. Loudly he starts shouting over all the noise "YOU stole towels from OUR Hotel? Hey everyone...watch out for this Girl...she's a thief! She probably stole the comfy bathrobe...and everything else that wasn't nailed down in the room!"

I was laughing so hard when I got into the elevator, that I actually tripped.

emmaandrewdad

I asked my wife to marry me at the wedding pavilion and afterwards we ate at park fare. We showed Alice the ring expecting a congratulations, but got nothing but weird jibber jabber. It was quite impressive how in character she stayed, but bizzare

jmorri26

I had one bad CM experience (ever) it was a younger guy working at Aloha Isle last fall. It was our last day and there was no line so I walked up and asked if he could swipe my KTTW card to tell me how many snack points we had left (for Dole Whips) he rolled his eyes, swiped it and went "none." and tossed my card back to me. Before I could ask if he was sure he asked me to move aside for the next guest. Not buying it, I stopped in the confectionery on our way out and a sweet lady checked for me- 8 credits left. No clue why the guy lied or was a jerk about it.

The only funny character experience I had was as a girl, maybe 3 or 4, I was eating a small box of fruit loops waiting for breakfast. Mickey squatted down to hug me and gestured to my cereal. I figured he wanted some so I proceeded to cram fistfuls in his mouth! He was caught offguard and fell over! Luckily his head stayed on, but he was rushed off to get cleaned up. I just thought Mickey was hungry :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom