Any absolutely BIZZARE CM/Character experiences?

Tk0021

I was waiting for my wife and two girls to go to the bathroom in AK at Dinoland and goofy walked up to a lady eating an ice cream cone and faked like he was going to smash it in her face. I laughed out loud, but the lady was not happy. She said to me " would it have been funny if he did that? ". I told her to relax.

Last edited:

Otterhead

I was once at the park with a big group, and a few folks were there for the first time and way too excited to meet some characters. When we found Goofy, he had a crowd around him, and one guy in our group screamed "IT'S GOOFY!!" and LEAPED out of the crowd to land directly in front of Goofy, screaming his name. Goofy swung his arms and backed up, trying not to fall over, and turned away for a moment. And in that moment, facing us, I swear I saw Goofy cross himself.

PrincessRachelT

I actually have one for this
On our trip this past February, DH, DS, and I were in line for Dole whip. Ds was sleeping in his stroller and DH and I were talking about how we were going to start letting DS watch Disney movies but we were going to do it in order of year they came out. Well, the CM that was pointing to which line people would go into overheard and told me I was wrong about the order of movies I had just said (Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Bambi, Fantasia...)I stopped for a moment and thought about it (I'm always getting Dumbo and Bambi dates mixed up) but I knew I had it right that time. He then proceeded to argue with me that Cinderella came after Snow White. Yes. She did. But there were loads of movies in between. So I of course try to set him straight and he just wouldn't have it. His response was just "I took a class on it so I know more than you". I finally had to show him on google that I was correct.

KBLovedDisney

When I was in my early 20s, my family and I went to Disney and ate at the Garden Grill one trip. This trip was different. Chip and Dale fought over me...each were grabbing my arm pulling me in their direction. Finally Dale let go, turned around, took a piece of what looked like straw paper out of his front pocket of his overalls. He then proceeded to fold and twist it into a makeshift ring.

Yep, I was proposed to by Dale at the Garden Grill, got down on one knee and slipped the straw paper ring on my finger. What a moment....very very awkward moment.

pilka214

I love meeting the characters on the cruise ships, they have a lot more liberty to interact with the guest. Last cruise i was on I was dressed up pretty well for pirate night, and i go to get my picture with Chip and Dale. Chip grabs my sword and begins to berate Dale with it and they chased each other around the atrium for a good 20 seconds. I've also seen Goofy out on the sports courts running kids through drills and playing mini-golf in a way only Goofy could.

KBLovedDisney

When I was in my early 20s, my family and I went to Disney and ate at the Garden Grill one trip. This trip was different. Chip and Dale fought over me...each were grabbing my arm pulling me in their direction. Finally Dale let go, turned around, took a piece of what looked like straw paper out of his front pocket of his overalls. He then proceeded to fold and twist it into a makeshift ring.

Yep, I was proposed to by Dale at the Garden Grill, got down on one knee and slipped the straw paper ring on my finger. What a moment....very very awkward moment.
Just a note: I saved the paper ring :p I scrapbooked it.

Megbutnotmegan

Not really bizarre but a favorite interaction with Goofy. He was the first character we took my nephew to meet. My kids went up no problem and had a great interaction. Goofy goes on a break and then comes back and it's my nephew's turn. Goofy walks out from the curtain and my nephew freaks out crying! Goofy quickly goes back behind the curtain and keeps peeking out lower and lower and then eventually comes out army crawling into his space. He then huddles down in a corner sort of peeking at my nephew. My sister and her wife guide my nephew over to him for high fives and pictures with Goofy keeping himself as small as possible the whole time. We have the best photopass pictures from this interaction.

Sonconato

Back in the '80s I was on a Premier Cruise (they were the official cruise line of Disney) when Donald Duck came over and began looking through a bag of my stuff and pulled an old tattered bra of mine in front of a bunch of people; mostly strangers. Needless to say, he and I were very embarrassed and he tried to shove it back in the bag. I can't remember why I put it in there in the first place.

Cosmic Commando

I was hanging out on the second floor of the MSUSA train station at around 3:30 AM one morning; the park was 99% empty. I saw some CMs pushing each other around in the "rogue" rental strollers that never got brought back to the rental counter. :hilarious:

Osh Popham

I'm sure many have a similar story but we were in line at a Pluto M&G in 2009 when the CM attendant came to my wife and asked if our 2 girls would ride Dumbo with Pluto. Ummm, yes! So we were able to skip the line - how's that for a Fastpass? I rode in a Dumbo and Pluto rode with my girls in the one behind me. I'll post some pics when able. Great time!

Cosmic Commando

I'm sure many have a similar story but we were in line at a Pluto M&G in 2009 when the CM attendant came to my wife and asked if our 2 girls would ride Dumbo with Pluto. Ummm, yes! So we were able to skip the line - how's that for a Fastpass? I rode in a Dumbo and Pluto rode with my girls in the one behind me. I'll post some pics when able. Great time!
Well of course you get the VIP treatment... you own the Emporium! :D

brb1006

While not bizarre character encounter this is more that crosses between funny and cute. I remember when I first meet Marie from The Aristocats at the Magic Kingdom during my Senior Trip on May 1 of 2015. I told her "I have no idea how much I was looking for you" and then signed my autograph book. When she got finished signing it, she suddenly started acting shy and began flirting with me (Probably because she was touched by my kind words) and started taking a few steps back away from me and close to the Roy and Minnie statue. She was later ready for another big hug. When I left the meet and greet line, my then High School counselor (Who was very helpful during my last years of High School) said something like "Was she flirting with you?" with a amused expression. Then again I did look attractive in person.

andrew870

My girlfriend and I were in frontierland about seven years back close to close. Out of nowhere a jungle book monkey/orangutan shoved up between us (happened so fast I almost took a swing at whom ever I thought it may be). He grabbed both our hands and we proceeded to skip all the way to liberty tree! Never once did I see a handler , and I was really looking. My best character interaction by far. Just so out of blue.

Lora Baines Bradley

We were at Port Orleans French Quarter for breakfast. After we finished, we looked around for a minute, with my grandmother and mother going in the gift shop and my little brother and I going to look around for hidden mickeys (he always has the book in his hand!) We were in the lobby, within eyesight of my family, and one of the CMs noticed that we were looking for hidden mickeys. Of course, he showed us the ones in the lobby and check in desk, which was cool. My little brother pipes up, "we found one in the food court!" and the CM says "oh, could you show me?" If you've never been to French Quarter, while it isn't a long walk from reception to the food court, it was still a bit away from where my family was, and I'm only a teenager. So we ended up walking with this older male CM to show him the hidden mickey. It was very awkward, to say the least. It really weirded me out.

grim-grinning_toast

I. Love. This. Thread!

I've had interactions with CMs who were very rude, and I remember feeling kind of deflated after those. But nothing really made me feel as awkward as the time I had an interaction with a *super* mean Anastasia. A few months prior to that, I had this really great interaction with Ariel and I had asked if I could record her telling my sister the steps to becoming a mermaid. She said, "the first step to becoming a mermaid is...stop taking steps! Mermaids don't have legs!" So, I wanted to get a video of Anastasia talking to my friend Lauren who thinks she's a really underrated character. When I asked her, I said, "my friend Lauren really admires you, and.." and before I could even finish she said, "well that's the saddest thing I've ever heard." And I was like "oh..well, I mean? I gue..ss...? Can I record you saying hi to her?" and she was like "um, yeah, that's fine." and so I start recording and she just says "Hi, Lauren." and then turns to talk other guests.

It was SO weird and made me feel really foolish for asking.

Osh Popham

DSCF5525_3735.JPG

Finally found this old pic. Dumbo when it was good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom