Another "Help me find a place to eat" thread

MM15Disney

Original Poster
We (my DH & I) will be going in Sept for FD and I already have some breakfast options, but need some help with dinner on my birthday. We don't have park-hopper tickets. During the day we will be at AK but plan to leave after the parade and maybe catch an early (before 6 p.m.) dinner somewhere. So are options are AK, DTD, or the resorts only.

We love American, Mexican, Italian, & seafood, nothing suprer fancy though.

Here are a few options I have thought of, please give opinons on these and feel free to ad in others.

- 1900 Park Fare
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Big River Grille and Brewing Works[/FONT] at the Boardwalk (menu looks good)

TIA

pacochran

Whispering Canyon Cafe is good, the food is good, and the staff can be funny, though there are usually a lot of kids and they do organize a kid activities, so don't know if that will bother you.

The Yatchmen Steakhouse at the Yatch and Beach Club is nice, a little pricy but not that bad. It's a nice atmosphere too.

wdwmomof3

We are celebrating my mom's b'day at "Ohana, at the Polynesian resort. I think it will be great there and I cant wait to try a pineapple drink called the Lapu Lapu. I would add it to your list. Everyone talks about how great it is. :slurp:

Goofy10

For a birthday dinner at the resorts the best would be
1 Yachtsman steakhouse
2 Citricos
3 Artist point
4 Narcoosees
5 Turf Club

All quite a distance from AKL but worth the trip

coltow

1900 is very under-rated. We have had a few fantastic meals here. Ohana is fantastic and would make a great place for bday dinner. Whispering Canyon has good food, but the atmosphere can be too much for some people (not us).

Although I've never been I've been told that Maya Grill (CSR) and Boatwrights (POR) are both very nice.

Pioneer Hall

I like Ohana, and from your list Whispering Canyon. Boma is a nice choice as well as Cape May Cafe.

However, if you can, I say splurge. Eat a nice meal or go to the Hoop-dee-doo and really enjoy your birthday.

kimmykimmy

The Whispering Canyon & 1900 Park Fare are fantastic!

Boma at AKL and the Kona Cafe at the Poly are very nice as well.

I don't know how you feel about Chinese food, but the Yak N Yeit at AK is the best Asian food I've ever had!

DisneyPrincess5

We (my DH & I) will be going in Sept for FD and I already have some breakfast options, but need some help with dinner on my birthday. We don't have park-hopper tickets. During the day we will be at AK but plan to leave after the parade and maybe catch an early (before 6 p.m.) dinner somewhere. So are options are AK, DTD, or the resorts only.

We love American, Mexican, Italian, & seafood, nothing suprer fancy though.

Here are a few options I have thought of, please give opinons on these and feel free to ad in others.

- 1900 Park Fare
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Big River Grille and Brewing Works[/FONT] at the Boardwalk (menu looks good)

TIA

:wave:
I'll say this...if you want a quiet birthday...stay far away from Whispering Canyon!
1900 Park Fare is alright, not my favorite place and IMO not special enough for a birthday unless it's your favorite and you love it.
Can't say anything about Big River Grille.

If you're sticking with AK, DTD, or a resort, I'd say try Ohana too! We've never been but plan to go next time and I've heard nothing but great things about it...sounds like a super special place for a birthday!

DizneyPryncess

-Ohana is very good - sooo much food! Very good though!
-Kona Cafe is my favorite restaurant personally. Fantastic desserts & dinner options! They've always been helpful in celebrating special events for us.
-Boma is a big favorite of board members, I've heard plenty of wonderful things.
-Yak & Yeti: So good, but it's a very specific menu.

Of your current choices, I like 1900 Park Fare the most but I'd prefer other places for a bday dinner. :animwink:

MM15Disney

Original Poster
Checked the dinner menus for Kona, Boma, & Ohana, and nothing really jumped out at me that just looked delicious...I guess you can say we are picky eaters :)

Thanks for the info on the Captian's Grill, we may go that route or I may just pay OFP for one of our breakfast meals and use the 2 credits for the Yachtsman Steakhouse...even the dessert menu is fabulous. :slurp:

I really would like to eat at the Italian place at Epcot, but we decided to save the $100 or so and not get the park hoppers :(

*Q?: Is there a dress code for the Yachtsman Steakhouse? TIA

Goofy10

the dress code for the yachtsman is the same as the other restaurants of that standard - no cut offs etc. I normaly wear shorts and a polo shirt

whendoweleave?

Thanks for the info on the Captian's Grill, we may go that route or I may just pay OFP for one of our breakfast meals and use the 2 credits for the Yachtsman Steakhouse...even the dessert menu is fabulous. :slurp:
TIA

We eat at the Yachtsman all the time. Yes it's pricey but the food is outrageously good!!! I have never had a steak that good and tender anywhere.
Service is always first class. When you make the reservation be sure to tell them its for your birthday. Their deserts are also to die for! The only better desert on property is the bread pudding in O'Hana
Have fun
BTW ask to have Rickey as your waiter he's such a GREAT waiter.

Why don't you try the Tusker House? They have a buffet with a great selection of food. It's one place we go to every time we are at AK. We haven't been to Ohana or 1900 but our friends love it. If you want to go to DTD, Fultons or Wolfgang Express are always good places to eat at.

lbrad

O'Hanna is a lot of fun. You can walk the grounds/beach when dinner is done...Very nice and romantic esp if you time yourself to be there when the MK fireworks are launching. :sohappy:
Same is true if you eat at Narcoossee's or California Grill.
Be sure to tell them its your birthday!!!!
Have a great time!:)

MM15Disney

Original Poster
We will be doing Tusker House for Breakfast that morning.

I have decided to go ahead and do Yachtsman. I went over my whole plan for our trip and worked out all the meals and decided that we will just pay for the cheapest sit down breakfast on our trip to use the extra credit for the steakhouse.

I am also thinking about having a cake ordered to be delivered to the steakhouse during our meal. Pretty sad when you are planning your own birthday meals and ordering your own cake, but that's what I get for marrying a man without a romantic bone in his body.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom