News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Incomudro

I've tried to understand the difference by asking both @flynnibus and @Incomudro what they would actually have Disney do to reduce such behaviour. Neither of them offered any suggestions. Perhaps you will.
I don't need to have the solution, to recognize what some of the causes of the problems are.
When a population is stressed, a portion of that population responds poorly.
Disney's park population is much more highly stressed in a variety of ways than in years and decades past.

Incomudro

Also, I'm just gonna say, there's a reason YouTube and etc. are filled with videos titled things like:
1. Fight breaks out at theme park!!
2. Fight breaks out at Walmart Black Friday!!
3. Passenger goes beserk on airplane!!

And NOT filled with titles like:
1. Fight breaks out at exclusive Spa!
2. Fight breaks out at private backyard pool!
3. Fight breaks out on private airplane!

And I think we all know why that is. I'll say it again, I'm amazed this nonsense doesn't occur more often at Disney.
But it is likely happening more frequently in the parks than it used to.

I do agree with you on this. Look there are a lot of things right now that are upsetting people, whether its the 24/7 news cycle getting people amped up, stress on money that everything costs more what have you BUT, that does not give the right for physical action on someone else. The line thing.. come on man! even if someone did cut in front of you, whats that cost 2 minutes not worth it? Been going to Disney since 75' and go probably 12 times a year being an AP. i do have to say i mostly go to Epcot but when i do go to MK, the level of stress there is double. Not Disneys fault, i think its just the expectations on these Families to get every ride in, every experience and do it with the family. MK there are more little kids than the other parks and i can see the parents on the point of breakdown. Also trying to heard cats with a big family group is just as bad. Now do it in this heat and its a powder keg... BTW the heat index goint to be 105 today.
Well said! Sadly, this is a very stressful time to a lot of us. BUT we all need to take the time to decompress so we can enjoy the trip. I know it's expensive, but the military taught me "travel days" do nothing that whole day but travel settle in relax and prepare. Second try your best to leave the outside the park world outside. Remember why you came and remember all the kids watching your every move! Most parents when asked why they came say "I wanted to relax and enjoy time with the kids" So when times get tough try and remember it! Disney tries but here is their problem they are understaffed, and employees are going through all the stresses we have. Most are now inexperienced kids as older more experienced have moved on in life. Disney as a company that was completely shut down is now having to deal with the economy of today. My advice is finding a much quieter vacation and come back to Disney after all this mess blows over!

Animaniac93-98

Well, if Disney charged a minimum of $300 per person like Discovery cove it definitely wouldnt be as crowded. But then everyone would complain(justifiably) about how expensive it is.

Undercover Tourist has DC tickets from about $170/day after tax, not really much more than a day at WDW with Genie+

spock8113

Again, in an effort to raise prices and keep out the "riff-raff" and "troublemakers" a huge ironic event is taking place: affluent and elitist America is filling the parks and they seem a bit full of pent up angry. I want to blame it on Covid and all the psych problems that came with it, however, there seems to be a bit more brewing under the surface. This is why Disney escapism is selling like there's no Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.

Animaniac93-98

I know you can't judge a book by it's cover but higher prices don't seem to be keeping anyone out

You can't really price people out when they use credit cards to pay for everything and Disney's strategy is to entice people to stay longer and visit more days to maximize the perceived value of admission.

Now if people had to pay $150/day, every day, to go to the parks and were not allowed to hop you'd see some major changes in attendance patterns.

SteveAZee

To me, one way to perhaps avoid this particular problem (perceived line cutters) is to post VERY clearly and often what are acceptable (and unacceptable) reasons for leaving and re-entering a line, as well as the process to follow when doing so. It may involve an additional cast member per long queue. You can't avoid people being irritated or annoyed, but you can, perhaps, avoid adding fuel to the fire.

John park hopper

To me, one way to perhaps avoid this particular problem (perceived line cutters) is to post VERY clearly and often what are acceptable (and unacceptable) reasons for leaving and re-entering a line, as well as the process to follow when doing so. It may involve an additional cast member per long queue. You can't avoid people being irritated or annoyed, but you can, perhaps, avoid adding fuel to the fire.
The solution is so simple --if a person needs to leave the line CM issue a paper return in line pass. How hard can that be.

SteveAZee

The solution is so simple --if a person needs to leave the line CM issue a paper return in line pass. How hard can that be.
Yup. Pretty much. I think if mostly everyone on line knows what's going on (from signs, experience, etc) then everyone's on the same page and people can just go along with it without getting worked up. It's having a process and letting everyone know what it is.

Pancho

the last time I was in the park just my kid and me, he had to go and the cast member had us come back and he put us in the lighting lane.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well, if Disney charged a minimum of $300 per person like Discovery cove it definitely wouldnt be as crowded. But then everyone would complain(justifiably) about how expensive it is.
Dc cove ticket gives you access to multiple parks for weeks.

You goto DC and then goto other parks at your leisure.

It’s a great way to spend a long weekend and make you realize just how much of a farce “the disney difference” has become

Smiley/OCD

Violent and destructive behavior is on the rise in every single business setting in the US. What is happening at Disney parks is not occurring in a vacuum, especially one that can be attributed to the current customer experience in the parks.

Books being thrown at employees at Barnes and Noble, a fistfight in a Costco, parents attacking an umpire at a kids baseball game. All of these have a very specific commonality…people. And in almost every single case those people have had some type of history of similar behavior.
Remember the only time you saw this type of confrontation was when two parents were fighting for the last Cabbage Patch kid or Furby?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
There are insufficient cast members with the roles and training to preserve order (ie enforce the rules) in the parks. Just assuming that published guidelines will be followed without regular consistent enforcement is naive. Not all of the queues have in-line water or restrooms available even though people could be stuck in them for hours. There has to be some sort of signage per attraction that lists minimum acceptable conduct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom