News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

flynnibus

Premium Member
You actually were without saying the incident , I agree with the poster.
Ehh.., she would be part of ‘the all’ in the statement that ‘the abusers ruin it for the all’. She would be part of the legit reasons.

Focusing only on the legit while ignoring the abusers is putting your head the in sand and ultimately leads to the innocent being negatively impacted. See DAS

So just like DAS -- simply repeating that there are legit reasons for it does not solve the bigger problem of how the legit reasons are abused by the selfish. And left unchecked… bigger impacts happen.

Thanks for playing and needing it spelled out

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ehh.., she would be part of ‘the all’ in the statement that ‘the abusers ruin it for the all’. She would be part of the legit reasons.

Focusing only on the legit while ignoring the abusers is putting your head the in sand and ultimately leads to the innocent being negatively impacted. See DAS

So just like DAS simply repeating that there are legit reasons for it - does not solve the bigger problem of how the legit reasons are abused by the selfish. And left unchecked… bigger impacts happen.

Thanks for playing and needing it spelled out

Here’s the thing,… obviously the people in line either didn’t think that her reason was valid, or didn’t care. Valid is subjective. Hence why this whole thread is a giant mess.

celluloid

People keep talking about the legit reasons… and ignore the large swathes of the population that will happily abuse the privileges snd conveniences.

Most people have no issue with simplt empathy- the problem is those who turn and abuse that open door. From the ones who take a mile… to those who simply will keep pushing to get as much as they can because they are selfish.

The abusers ruin it for all
To point out why all of the situations are valid, is because I don't have all of the information of every person's personal situation. If someone wants to leave the line and come back in front of me, I had a neutral situation. It does not have to be a reason I deem valid. You just need reasonable people. No one is abusing anything by going into the line that they were already in a few minutes' prior. The rare circumstance some form of a abuse of that does happen, that is not a cue for me to then be unreasonable. I say this as a person who often has/had an injustice of the world mentality on various issues that often don't matter. It will come across like just a control issue for those willing to raise Cain about it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Here’s the thing,… obviously the people in line either didn’t think that her reason was valid, or didn’t care. Valid is subjective. Hence why this whole thread is a giant mess.
Again - not talking about that one incident but rather the issue as a whole. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

celluloid

Seems you've already reached your conclusion - which isn't really the same as many others.

Someone leaves the line to get a diaper/change of clothing/article they forgot but need/maybe just something they want. They were already in line with their family, left and returned. Did they abuse anything or wrong anyone?

I am fine with conclusion that it did not wrong me.

Vegas Disney Fan

People keep talking about the legit reasons… and ignore the large swathes of the population that will happily abuse the privileges snd conveniences.

Most people have no issue with simplt empathy- the problem is those who turn and abuse that open door. From the ones who take a mile… to those who simply will keep pushing to get as much as they can because they are selfish.

The abusers ruin it for all

Large swaths?

I’ve been to DL hundreds of times and WDW probably 50 and can only think of a handful of times people have passed me to “rejoin” their party. Most trips it doesn’t even happen once in the entire vacation.

I don’t think it’s the problem people are making it out to be, it’s extremely rare in my experience.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Large swaths?

I’ve been to DL hundreds of times and WDW probably 50 and can only think of a handful of times people have passed me to “rejoin” their party. Most trips it doesn’t even happen once in the entire vacation.

I don’t think it’s the problem people are making it out to be, it’s extremely rare in my experience.
I lol because DL is some of the worst... DLR where 'chain queues are mearly suggestions...'

It's funny how it can be so rare... yet... everyone has experienced it? So peculiar..

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not peculiar at all, since we’re talking frequency here.

If focusing on frequency, then you must accept one person's anecdotal observation isn't a great measure of actual frequency because that person isn't everywhere at the same time.

Yet.. everyone is familiar with the situation and has seen it play out. That means it actually happens more than just someone who is exposed only to a fraction of the queues sees.

Californian Elitist

If focusing on frequency, then you must accept one person's anecdotal observation isn't a great measure of actual frequency because that person isn't everywhere at the same time.

Yet.. everyone is familiar with the situation and has seen it play out. That means it actually happens more than just someone who is exposed only to a fraction of the queues sees.
Everyone is familiar with the situation because it’s not unheard of. Something can be common, but not frequent. This is a prime example. Someone joining a queue, then briefly having to leave, then returning to their spot in line is common and normal, but not necessarily frequent. I highly doubt people see this happening 10, 11, 12 times per visit. Are there exceptions? Sure, but that doesn’t take away from the majority (I’m specifically referring to the majority here in this thread).

Strep throat is common, but I can count on one hand how many times I’ve had it. So far, just one time as an adult. Of course, there are special cases where others get it way more frequently, but for the most part, the majority of people aren’t getting strep throat every single year, 5+ times a year.

jasminethecat

@Californian Elitist sorry i was typing this as you typed your reply, so i apologize for a similar response.

I am sure that there is a bias towards sharing examples of something happening as compared to people who say "oh that never happened to me". So if you say "I found poop on the bathroom wall" and 4 other people say "yeah that happened to me too" it still doesn't tell you overall frequency. Most people reading might say "gross, i am staying out of this topic".

I am sure that for those of us who have been to WDW or DLR half a dozen times or more, we can possibly remember a time when a kid pushed past to get to their family. What we don't know is was that person already in line and they stepped out for a drink/bathroom or was someone just holding their place while they did something else?

Most of us should agree that stepping out of a line you were already in to grab something or use a bathroom while the rest of your party stays in line...that this isn't abuse or line jumping.

Most of us should agree that getting into line and having other party members join you 5, 10 or 15+ minutes later is a form of line jumping, and it will upset the people who witness it.

My thing is I never really know what the situation is because it doesn't happen often, and even less often does it happen when I actually see where the person ended up and I don't know if it was a late joiner or a bathroom/snack run.

Raxel7851

In regards to Port o Potties they are located in various areas throughout the Run Disney race route in Jan and Feb at WDW however a number of runners opt to run and stand/ sit behind a tree or bushes. It is a sight to see.
@Lilofan Get OUT!!! Hahahahahaha. That’s a funny sight! I thought some may wear adult diapers.

flynnibus

Premium Member
@Californian Elitist sorry i was typing this as you typed your reply, so i apologize for a similar response.

I am sure that there is a bias towards sharing examples of something happening as compared to people who say "oh that never happened to me". So if you say "I found poop on the bathroom wall" and 4 other people say "yeah that happened to me too" it still doesn't tell you overall frequency. Most people reading might say "gross, i am staying out of this topic".

But that wasn't the claim - it was the inverse. They basically said 'I don't see it frequently' and thus concluding it was 'rare'. If it were truly rare, then it would be even LESS probable that multiple people see it than a single person.

I am sure that for those of us who have been to WDW or DLR half a dozen times or more, we can possibly remember a time when a kid pushed past to get to their family. What we don't know is was that person already in line and they stepped out for a drink/bathroom or was someone just holding their place while they did something else?

Now you're adding other conditionals to it to thin the herd when the 'reason' wasn't material to the observation being made.

My thing is I never really know what the situation is because it doesn't happen often, and even less often does it happen when I actually see where the person ended up and I don't know if it was a late joiner or a bathroom/snack run.

Like most things - you can't always tell from the outside. But some groups are often pretty glaring.. or worse when you see the same people doing it in multiple lines.

We all know people going in and out of the line is happening all the time. I mean.. Disney has even started building their queues differently because of the need. This doesn't happen if it wasn't a thing...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Everyone is familiar with the situation because it’s not unheard of. Something can be common, but not frequent. This is a prime example. Someone joining a queue, then briefly having to leave, then returning to their spot in line is common and normal, but not necessarily frequent. I highly doubt people see this happening 10, 11, 12 times per visit. Are there exceptions? Sure, but that doesn’t take away from the majority (I’m specifically referring to the majority here in this thread).

Strep throat is common, but I can count on one hand how many times I’ve had it. So far, just one time as an adult. Of course, there are special cases where others get it way more frequently, but for the most part, the majority of people aren’t getting strep throat every single year, 5+ times a year.

Your own example disproves your point. Why you judge how common something is in the population by how often you get it? Unemployment? STDs? Hair Loss?

How many times YOU get strep is not relevant to how often Strep Throat is reported and how common it is in the population. You've pretty much illustrated why 'anecdotal observation' is not valued.

celluloid

I lol because DL is some of the worst... DLR where 'chain queues are mearly suggestions...'

It's funny how it can be so rare... yet... everyone has experienced it? So peculiar..

Let all that noise go man. It is frequency of seeing something happen. It does not make it abuse. They witness innocents "Oh I forgot" or "I was split up with my family" sometimes. Maybe, it is not everyone else that is the issue here?

People witness people forgetting something and getting back in line with their family. That does not make one frequently wronged or a situation abused.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
But that wasn't the claim - it was the inverse. They basically said 'I don't see it frequently' and thus concluding it was 'rare'. If it were truly rare, then it would be even LESS probable that multiple people see it than a single person.

Now you're adding other conditionals to it to thin the herd when the 'reason' wasn't material to the observation being made.

Like most things - you can't always tell from the outside. But some groups are often pretty glaring.. or worse when you see the same people doing it in multiple lines.

We all know people going in and out of the line is happening all the time. I mean.. Disney has even started building their queues differently because of the need. This doesn't happen if it wasn't a thing...

If a girl is in front of you in line and gets out of line because she needs to pee, then gets back in line to the same spot nbd she was there in front of you already. Then if you join another ride queue and she’s in front of you again but this time she forgot her phone and needs to get out of line real quick to go get it, and then gets right back in line to the same spot, still no big deal. She was there already. Then you join another queue and she’s up there in front of you again and this time she cuts her hand on something sharp in her bag and goes to get a bandaid real quick and gets back in line to the same spot again nbd she was already there. Then another ride she’s in front of you again and she needs to go use the bathroom again so she gets out of line again to go use the bathroom again and gets back in line to the same spot a couple minutes later. Still no big deal. None of this impacts you at all. She started out in front of you and ended up in front of you.

Frequency doesn’t matter, imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom