News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

LittleBuford

Let’s say someone has the sudden urge to use the bathroom and they have to leave the line. What sense would it make to bar them from returning and joining their family.
It’s absurd you even have to pose it as a hypothetical, as if we haven’t all found ourselves unexpectedly in need of the toilet at some point in our lives! I find it absolutely bizarre that anyone could take such a hardline stance over something as relatable and universal as needing to answer the call of nature.

Californian Elitist

It’s absurd you even have to pose it as a hypothetical, as if we haven’t all found ourselves unexpectedly in need of the toilet at some point in our lives! I find it absolutely bizarre that anyone could take such a hardline stance over something as relatable and universal as needing to answer the call of nature.
I agree! But some people seem to lack a bit of empathy in this department. This becomes even more obvious while working at a theme park.

People assume what Disney does and doesn't allow, based on their own views of what shouldn't and should be allowed. Folks would be very surprised to learn what they (managers and supervisors) sometimes allow guests to do.

LittleBuford

I agree! But some people seem to lack a bit of empathy in this department. This becomes even more obvious while working at a theme park.

People assume what Disney does and doesn't allow, based on their own views of what shouldn't and should be allowed. Folks would be very surprised to learn what they (managers and supervisors) sometimes allow guests to do.
The belief that Disney wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) allow guests with toilet emergencies to leave and reenter the queue is especially puzzling in light of the centrality of children to the Disney brand. Can you imagine anything more un-Disney than a CM telling a parent whose kid suddenly needed to go, “I’m sorry, but you will lose your place in the line if you take your child to the bathroom”? Is that really the sort of policy people expect or want CMs to enforce?

Californian Elitist

The belief that Disney wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) allow guests with toilet emergencies to leave and reenter the queue is especially puzzling in light of the centrality of children to the Disney brand. Can you imagine anything more un-Disney than a CM telling a parent whose kid suddenly needed to go, “I’m sorry, but you will lose your place in the line if you take your child to the bathroom”? Is that really the sort of policy people expect or want CMs to enforce?
According to some here, yes, they do/want CMs to refuse to allow guests to leave and come back! Enforcing a rule like that is not a sign of good basic hospitality and service anywhere, let alone at Disney parks.

Whenever a guest asked if they could leave and come back, I never inquired. I happily let them do it and also told whomever was behind them that they were coming back. Not a big deal at all. Some guests are entitled, though. The "me, me, me" attitude amongst guests is real.

celluloid

How often do people think someone really is leaving to go to the bathroom and back during the durraction of their wait?

HHN has had a simple procedure to reduce the chaos in this a long time ago, while not perfect, once the line hits over a certain time they will hand out raffle style tickets to give to each guest entering to give an idea of the order of the people.

Even when Space Mountain or Peter Pan is two hours, it is not happening that much people. The time wasted you know what and moaning about the you know what someone did is more than costing you anything, because it did not cost you anything, you just did not rudley gain anything.

Californian Elitist

How often do people think someone really is leaving to go to the bathroom and back during the durraction of their wait?

HHN has had a simple procedure to reduce the chaos in this a long time ago, while not perfect, once the line hits over a certain time they will hand out raffle style tickets to give to each guest entering to give an idea of the order of the people.

Even when Space Mountain or Peter Pan is two hours, it is not happening that much people. The time wasted you know what and moaning about the you know what someone did is more than costing you anything, because it did not cost you anything, you just did not rudley gain anything.
It doesn’t matter what the reason is. If the guest and their family have entered the line, they’ve already got their spot. They were already in front/ahead. Someone leaving for a short amount of time and returning to their family is completely normal. Of all the things that could go wrong at a theme park, for folks to let something like that bother them is strange. And like you said, it doesn’t happen often anyway, so what exactly is the big deal?

celluloid

It doesn’t matter what the reason is. If the guest and their family have entered the line, they’ve already got their spot. They were already in front/ahead. Someone leaving for a short amount of time and returning to their family is completely normal. Of all the things that could go wrong at a theme park, for folks to let something like that bother them is strange. And like you said, it doesn’t happen often anyway, so what exactly is the big deal?

in a nutshell, Selfishness.

It is a mix of people being self-righteous and not even knowing the situation but presuming they are fully aware and need to take an injustice stand.

Californian Elitist

in a nutshell, Selfishness.

It is a mix of people being self-righteous and not even knowing the situation but presuming they are fully aware and need to take an injustice stand.
I would agree that it is selfishness, particularly on the part of the guests that are bothered by someone who was already in front of them leaving for a split second and returning to their spot in line.

Lilofan

I'm not saying people are dumb for going. It's more how they act when in the parks. I'm amazed at the amount of people that act like it's their first time in an amusement/theme park.
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Substitute Vegas for another location. Some I know act differently on vacation as opposed to at work or at home.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Where do we draw line on bans and rule breaking… there are far more people smoking and vaping where they shouldnt be than there are people who are line jumping and fighting and yet literally nothing happens to them let alone said to them… and to me this is way more annoying and worse when someone is blowing smoke or that crappy vape in your face either on line or walking & most likely not the best for your health either and seems every year it gets worse and worse with the offenders.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Personally the issue is to me and im sure we have all seen it at times and more than once. I dont care if someone has to leave the leave line for any reason and come back but it the blatantly obvious people who werent in line bc they were riding something else then come meet up with their party and start bragging or talking about what they just rode.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Personally the issue is to me and im sure we have all seen it at times and more than once. I dont care if someone has to leave the leave line for any reason and come back but it the blatantly obvious people who werent in line bc they were riding something else then come meet up with their party and start bragging or talking about what they just rode.

When I first joined these boards my kid was 2 and I was given the advice to have one parent wait in line for something while the other parent took her to a meet and greet. There was a little push back then, but it was pretty standard advice five years ago. The culture has changed but it takes some time for guest behavior to catch up.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Let the guest go to the restroom or have to clear the queue to clean up a biohazard….

the little mermaid life GIF

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
When I first joined these boards my kid was 2 and I was given the advice to have one parent wait in line for something while the other parent took her to a meet and greet. There was a little push back then, but it was pretty standard advice five years ago. The culture has changed but it takes some time for guest behavior to catch up.
listen im not gonna lie.. im not gonna say anything to anyone who does that bc im on vacation & just not looking for a confrontation but like dont make up an excuse that i know is a lie then start talking about where you were etc... but i agree its definitely been suggested as "hacks" to save time etc but as i said i rather someone just tell the truth and walk on by lol... 2-4 people skipping you isnt changing my life at all so its just funny when someone makes up a blatant lie... but whatever

Raxel7851

Banned for life. Pretty simple now isn't it. A park can't hit people with a fine like the government can when you do something wrong so they are limited to banning or kicking from a park. Kicking out doesn't work. Banning would and at the very least would eliminate that person from ever jumping in line or bringing in a weapon. I can see no reason not to embrace such a thing unless you are one of those folks that like to jump lines like a Brazilian kid on a school trip.
So what are you inferring? That just because I disagree with your argument, I’m a serial line jumper? Is that your assumption?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
listen im not gonna lie.. im not gonna say anything to anyone who does that bc im on vacation & just not looking for a confrontation but like dont make up an excuse that i know is a lie then start talking about where you were etc... but i agree its definitely been suggested as "hacks" to save time etc but as i said i rather someone just tell the truth and walk on by lol... 2-4 people skipping you isnt changing my life at all so its just funny when someone makes up a blatant lie... but whatever

I wouldn’t do it because as a hack I think it’s rude, but I also agree that I wouldn’t say anything if it were just a couple people because 2-4 people aren’t going to ruin my day or make my wait any longer.

I will say that we’ve been in a queue where someone was holding the place for 11 other people and that did get on my nerves way more than it probably should have. It felt like they just kept coming, though lol

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I wouldn’t do it because as a hack I think it’s rude, but I also agree that I wouldn’t say anything if it were just a couple people because 2-4 people aren’t going to ruin my day or make my wait any longer.

I will say that we’ve been in a queue where someone was holding the place for 11 other people and that did get on my nerves way more than it probably should have. It felt like they just kept coming, though lol
Hahaha. Yea thats just downright egregious lol. I think last year topped the cake tho. 2 kids early teens id say. Just kept going by everyone apparently. We were in the front and there was noone there they were “meeting” and then laughing how they got away with it. But again. What are you gonna say or do?!?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Hahaha. Yea thats just downright egregious lol. I think last year topped the cake tho. 2 kids early teens id say. Just kept going by everyone apparently. We were in the front and there was noone there they were “meeting” and then laughing how they got away with it. But again. What are you gonna say or do?!?
I'm probably not going to say or do anything other than a passive-aggressive quip about how their parents must be so proud of them.

But one day, someone with less self-control and a lot more seething rage will likely snap and react violently to what they will perceive as the "line jump that broke the camel's back." Or, as we saw here, they'll gather the clan at the exit and exact a measure of revenge upon the heads of the line jumpers...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom