News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Joel

well, we can go back and forth forever on whether or not someone leaving the queue and rejoining, or entering and catching up with their party, is fair or line jumping. At the end of the day though you are getting upset at something that ultimately doesn’t affect your wait time at all while the companies themselves do actively exploit you through Genie+/Express pass, which force you to pay more money to avoid the artificially inflated lines that the services created.
"You shouldn't be mad at that, you should be mad at this."

Me: "Why not both?"

LittleBuford

You presented an example that's entirely different than what was being discussed.

You said its okay for people to knowingly go in line while the rest of party would join later.

That's very different than someone needing to leave line for an emergency.
I wasn’t referring to your posts.

I’ve read through the entire thread and I haven’t seen anyone argue that a person already standing in line should not be allowed to leave to go to the bathroom and then re-enter. I think that’s a straw man argument.
You’re right in the context of this thread. I’m thinking of other threads (including one just the other day) in which posters have said that people shouldn’t be allowed to leave and reenter the queue. Here, that hasn’t been explicitly stated, and so I apologise for my mischaracterisation.

The Empress Lilly

But one of them has a major effect on your wait time and the other has essentially none.
But it's never about wait time.

If I'm about to board my ride vehicle and somebody in a wheelchair pops up and creates ten minutes downtime, I'll tell them not to rush.

If however some punk suddenly jumps in front of me I go into Donald Duck mode, even if I would only lose five seconds until the next vehicle.

arich35

The bathroom thing is a red herring. I’ve been visiting WDW for longer than I care to admit and I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen a parent and young child or a single person trying to get past us. No one cares.

It’s almost always a couple of teens/preteens or a young couple catching up with people who were holding their place in line while they made better use of their time. And no, I have no evidence other than common sense and life experience to support my conclusion that these groups of people were not returning from the bathroom.

Disney’s policy as stated on the website is to ask guests as a matter of courtesy toward others to refrain from line jumping/place holding. The vast majority of guests stand in line as they are supposed to so there aren’t usually CMs policing the lines.

Every so often a rude line jumper runs into a short-fused guest and an argument or fight occurs. That’s the point where CMs get involved.

I wouldn’t let this type of thing ruin my day. I believe life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen a time when people are less courteous to others. That seems to me - more than crime statistics - to indicate a sad decline in the quality of routine, everyday life.
When we brought our two year there were I think 2 or 3 times that one of us went in line and the other went with the kid to walk around or go get a snack/drink then get in the line later on. The main one I remember is for Mickey and Minnie but I feel like there are places in that line that make it easy to jump in over the ropes. It is hard to keep a toddle in line for 45+ min so sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

Dr. Nigel Channing

Social media will be the downfall of civilization
Was thinking this just now seeing the news about chaos in Los Angeles and the 6th Street Bridge. I live over 30 hours away from LA, and it's breaking on our news. :facepalm:
Many of the offenders causing the bridge closings according to some reports are "influencers".

Between the bridge problems this week and Knott's last week, I can't help but ask, has something been leaked in the air over LA causing people to go completely bonkers?

WDWFREAK53

well, we can go back and forth forever on whether or not someone leaving the queue and rejoining, or entering and catching up with their party, is fair or line jumping. At the end of the day though you are getting upset at something that ultimately doesn’t affect your wait time at all while the companies themselves do actively exploit you through Genie+/Express pass, which force you to pay more money to avoid the artificially inflated lines that the services created.

Yes, it can be slightly annoying, but the parks don’t have an official stance on this and it isn’t malicious.

On two separate occassions at Universal.

First: We are in line for Hagrid's early on when it just opened (believe it was open a few weeks). My daughter and I were in line and there was a breakdown. We were in the tunnels at this point. She needed to go to the bathroom. We waited for 2 hours at this point. Is it also not acceptable to leave the line to use the restroom and re-enter? It's not her fault the attraction broke down.

Second: My then 7 year old and I were in line for Transformers. He had to go to the bathroom after a 45 minute wait time turned into 90 due to...again...a breakdown. At this point it was easier to move to the front of the line towards boarding then to go all the way back to the entrance. Some people didn't believe us, wouldn't let us pass...I got the attention of a ride attendant but it was too late...he had an accident in the line. Thankfully the workers at load were kind enough to let us go get a change of clothes and reenter at load.

There are some times that emergencies strike. These were situations that most likely wouldn't have happened if the rides didn't break down but rides DO break down. There are definitely times when it's OK to leave the queue and rejoin. Nobody is getting "cut" at this point. What is NOT acceptable is one or two people being in line and then an entire crowd of people moving up to join them. If you weren't in line originally, you can't REJOIN because you were never with them in line to begin with.

WorldExplorer

People on one side keep saying they don't care if you leave to use the bathroom, and people on the other side keep arguing that you shouldn't care if they use the bathroom.

This is stupid; meet me at the exit of the Country Bears for a fist fight.

Smiley/OCD

Was thinking this just now seeing the news about chaos in Los Angeles and the 6th Street Bridge. I live over 30 hours away from LA, and it's breaking on our news. :facepalm:
Many of the offenders causing the bridge closings according to some reports are "influencers".

Between the bridge problems this week and Knott's last week, I can't help but ask, has something been leaked in the air over LA causing people to go completely bonkers?
Unfortunately, it's not just California...a VERY small amount of people can influence major corporations...but I'm not gonna climb into that Brer rabbit hole...

Smiley/OCD

We live about 20-30 minutes away from Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ...fights are almost a daily occurrence there to the point where we as a family haven't gone in about 10 years.

bhg469

I very much doubt that vloggers that are reporting false information will be treated like celebrates by Disney. Disney spends a lot of money to make sure the any false information is spun in a positive way. If the vloggers are just making Disney look bad they will not continue to be treated well,.
Its not Disney that is treating them well, it is their hoards of supports.. One couple has over 800k and they are no longer on the media list yet they spew information as if it is facts. When people literally form a line to meet a vlogger, there is a problem.

Incomudro

We live about 20-30 minutes away from Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ...fights are almost a daily occurrence there to the point where we as a family haven't gone in about 10 years.
Yes, I'm not much further away from Six Flags than that. (Manalapan.)
My sons - 20 years old now - don't go.
My son Jack specifically states how it's a shame that he can't take his girlfriend there, but he won't.
He's afraid someone will harass her, or him, and that he'll be put in some position of having to defend himself or her verbally or God forbid physically.

Last edited:

ppete1975

Disney has greeters at most lines.. why not give 'return' passes for those that exit the line?
thats not a bad idea, ive never seen a park do that (but would really fix the problem), as long as not taken advantage of (one person stands in line everyone leaves gets the pass, the person in line texts the others when they are close).

To be fair ive never seen anyone leave a line then come back either. Ive only seen people take calls and leave the line, or leave because the line was too long.

Dr. Nigel Channing

He's afraid someone will harass her, or him, and that he'll be put in some position of having to defend himself or her verbally or God forbid physically.
Years ago, a father visiting a Six Flags was brutally attacked (maybe hospitalized?) by a group after he tried to protect his daughter as she was being harassed by the same group. I can't remember exactly which Six Flags where this happened, but the story was heartbreaking.

Californian Elitist

Native Angeleno here.

No, there’s nothing in our air that’s making us crazy (the polluted air sucks, but it’s been that way, and the smell of street tacos on the corner when I’m trying to diet properly can make me go a little insane sometimes, but that doesn’t count either). Knott’s isn’t even in LA County, so if we’re going to make ridiculous statements, we should include Orange County, since that’s where Buena Park is.

What you’re witnessing is people being ignorant. Just like people EVERYWHERE are sometimes, since the dawn of time. If folks actually think social media and “influencers” are human beings at their worst, then…wow.

Incomudro

Years ago, a father visiting a Six Flags was brutally attacked (maybe hospitalized?) by a group after he tried to protect his daughter as she was being harassed by the same group. I can't remember exactly which Six Flags where this happened, but the story was heartbreaking.
Uhhgg...
That's exactly the type of thing I'm talking about.
That's disgusting.
I'm glad my son recognizes the potential and avoids the place entirely.
But it's a shame it needs to be that way.
Both of my son's did work one high school summer at Siz flags though.
Jack was a lifeguard in the water park, and Dean worked the skyway.

Incomudro

Native Angeleno here.

No, there’s nothing in our air that’s making us crazy (the polluted air sucks, but it’s been that way, and the smell of street tacos on the corner when I’m trying to diet properly can make me go a little insane sometimes, but that doesn’t count either). Knott’s isn’t even in LA County, so if we’re going to make ridiculous statements, we should include Orange County, since that’s where Buena Park is.

What you’re witnessing is people being ignorant. Just like people EVERYWHERE are sometimes, since the dawn of time. If folks actually think social media and “influencers” are human beings at their worst, then…wow.
Ignorance is enabled, even encouraged.

thomas998

Thats their own darn problem if their too cheap To buy genie +...then get butt hurt when others dont have to wait...Although from where it happened ..it doesnt seem to be that.
This was because someone tried to jump the line at Mickey's Philharmagic... I suppose it was because in the middle of the summer a ride where you get to sit down under and air conditioner suddenly becomes an E-ticket experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom