News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

thomas998

This wasn't a drunk fight - one group thought another group was line-cutting. One group waited to confront other group after ride and then so it goes....

I wouldn't place blame on one over the other - it takes 2 to fight. Even if someone is screaming in your face, you always have the choice to walk away.
They were all wrong.

And what the heck, I get and agree CMs shouldn't have to step in, but seriously, no security? This went on for a long time (for a fight).
That's not the story from the ones involved in the fight... They are claiming some woman had to go back and get her phone a cart and when she came back and tried to catch up with her group she was stopped by another group in the line... That was apparently when the yelling, pushing and then fighting started so none of them got into the ride. I suspect it was more an instance of people trying to save spots in the line and then having the others in their group come up when they were close to getting on. The way they tell the story the woman who claims to have forgotten her phone had her brother going with her to get it...

It really is another case that could be avoided if the CMs at Disney would just enforce a strict no line jumping policy and have anyone caught removed and banned. A few dozen stories of it happening and you would suddenly see people behaving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Incomudro

Yes, sometimes. Are you saying this is a new thing or are you just saying this in general?
In general, but it seems more now than in the past.
There's much more of a hands off approach literally and figuratively towards bad behavior.
Authorities of various levels, can't do anything.
The good people have to sit there and take it, or avoid places, situations etc., entirely.
There has also been a climate (I'll point to the internet as a culprit) that encourages this "Look at me, I'm obnoxious" trend for some two decades now.
We - for want of a better word, foster the bad and hamper the good.

LittleBuford

use you wouldn't be capable of doing all the extra walking back and forth for your phone... So I doubt the validity of the story they are telling reporters.

It really is another case that could be avoided if the CMs at Disney would just enforce a strict no line jumping policy and have anyone caught removed and banned. A few dozen stories of it happening and you would suddenly see people behaving.
If someone already in line realises that they left their phone in a stroller, do you think they should be prevented from temporarily leaving the line to retrieve it? Your last paragraph refers to line-jumping, which doesn’t seem relevant to the situation being discussed.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleBuford

In a way the corporate thinking of making things pricey has helped foster a (I paid all this money so It's now all about me!) attitude with too many guests which brings said guests into conflict with other said guests with the same attitude.
If Disney charged less, the parks would be yet more crowded. I very much doubt that would lead to fewer conflicts between guests.

Californian Elitist

There's much more of a hands off approach literally and figuratively towards bad behavior.
The good people have to sit there and take it, or avoid places, situations etc., entirely.
There has also been a climate (I'll point to the internet as a culprit) that encourages this "Look at me, I'm obnoxious" trend for some two decades now.
To that, yes, I would agree. I personally don’t think this is the fall of mankind, but other than that, yes, incorrect behavior doesn’t seem to be addressed the way it used to nowadays.

Jrb1979

Years ago, a father visiting a Six Flags was brutally attacked (maybe hospitalized?) by a group after he tried to protect his daughter as she was being harassed by the same group. I can't remember exactly which Six Flags where this happened, but the story was heartbreaking.
I not surprised with things like that happening at Six flags parks cause a lot them have become babysitters for parents during the summer. It's due to how cheap a season pass is. IMO all parks should have the chaperone thing where under 18 have to have a parent with them to enter the park.

Jrb1979

Parks wise it depends on the parks. Cedar Point has been kicking people out for bad behaviour and rule breaking all season. A lot things like this could be avoided if CMs are more hands on and de-escalate the situation before it gets to this point.

Ayla

This was because someone tried to jump the line at Mickey's Philharmagic... I suppose it was because in the middle of the summer a ride where you get to sit down under and air conditioner suddenly becomes an E-ticket experience.
She didn't jump the line. She got in line with her family, realized she had forgotten something, left the line to get it and the red shorts brigade (who saw her leave) got confrontational when she tried to rejoin her family, then waited at the exit and started a fight.

bhg469

She didn't jump the line. She got in line with her family, realized she had forgotten something, left the line to get it and the red shorts brigade (who saw her leave) got confrontational when she tried to rejoin her family, then waited at the exit and started a fight.
The site who should not be named said they had someone from the matching shirt family contact them. They seemed to corroborate that this is what happened. It blew my mind because it only makes them look worse!!

Incomudro

Parks wise it depends on the parks. Cedar Point has been kicking people out for bad behaviour and rule breaking all season. A lot things like this could be avoided if CMs are more hands on and de-escalate the situation before it gets to this point.
That's what I'm getting at, and it's excellent that Cedar Point is doing those things.
There is a need for consequences, and a need for those in authority to do what needs to be done.

Vegas Disney Fan

incorrect behavior doesn’t seem to be addressed the way it used to nowadays.

I think this is the source of most of todays problems, from bratty kids up to criminals, people know there’s little to no punishment for bad behavior so they do whatever they want.

I drive 5 mph over the speed limit and I’m usually the slowest car on the road, there was a time when that was ticket worthy, now I get honked at in the slow lane, any time you reduce enforcement of the rules more people will inevitably break them.

B O

It's really a shame that people can't just behave like adults. The group with the matching shirts waited outside Philharmagic because someone from the other group left the line to grab the phone from a wheelchair & the matching shirt group would not let them back in line. I'm sure there were words exchanged ( according to the news) . What has happened to just being a good human. Now the 6 year old that was there to celebrate their birthday & thier group was tresspassed from the park & told not to come back. You ruined a kids birthday because you are immature & can't just let stuff go. Cripes sakes you all got to see the show, just move on with life,. The alarming part was where was security? When I go in the winter I will be stepping behind my 6ft2 son if a fight breaks out LOL

mf1972

We live about 20-30 minutes away from Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ...fights are almost a daily occurrence there to the point where we as a family haven't gone in about 10 years.
we haven’t been there in about 20 years. i do remember seeing teens cut in lines & got called out on it. i even had a kid cut me off on a beverage line. his mom stood in the back & said/did nothing. i only let it go because it was a hot day. let him get a drink. it’s gotten worse i assume?

Smiley/OCD

we haven’t been there in about 20 years. i do remember seeing teens cut in lines & got called out on it. i even had a kid cut me off on a beverage line. his mom stood in the back & said/did nothing. i only let it go because it was a hot day. let him get a drink. it’s gotten worse i assume?
Let’s put it this way…when I graduated HS in ‘82, GA was open every night until midnight, with NO PROBLEMS…now it seems the clientele looks like the employees dressed up for fright fest…it’s sad…when it opened in ‘74, it was a BEAUTIFUL park and safe…now…

bhg469

I have not experienced much of it but the last time I can remember was there was an older couple with two young girls in line for rat ride.. Suddenly there were two more people that showed up with another child who went to the bathroom but weren't at the line to begin with... That irked me a little... Then they started waiving more people to catch up with them before the queue entered inside the building.. At that point I was simply just passing them..

B O

I'm exit 8a on the turnpike ( NJ people get it) & have not been to Great Adventure in over 30 years because of stuff like this & cars being broken into etc . My Dad used to get season passes when I was a kid & take us after work

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom