News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

IveBeenJack

Jack! I love your videos, figured it sounded weird but...being that Alicia appears to have some inside knowledge about Epic Universe that’s why I wanted to share it here. It always did sound weird and off to me that Chapek would make such a big deal out of a expanded M & G and not an attraction (yes even a carousel counts). So...it’s good to see the sources on here tell me that Alicia’s reporting (at least on this) seems invalid.
Yeah, usually she’s fairly good with Universal stuff though, very credible with that though!

nickys

Premium Member
Tea Time With Mary and Uncle Albert
for just $79.99 per guest ($59.99 for children) Join Mary Poppins and Bert for a song-sational Musical Jolly Holiday Tea featuring sing along songs and Supercalifragilistic refreshments. Souvenir Photos will be available at the Chim-Chim Cheree Shop next door.

More likely Jack, since he was in the concept art. Although Bert should be there too.

disnyfan89

If it wasn’t for the fact it’s entering through cherry tree lane and most people didn’t care for Meryl Streep’s segment in the movie I would suggest a Vekoma Madhouse attraction based on the visit with Topsy

DisneyDreamerxyz

for just $79.99 per guest ($59.99 for children) Join Mary Poppins and Bert for a song-sational Musical Jolly Holiday Tea featuring sing along songs and Supercalifragilistic refreshments. Souvenir Photos will be available at the Chim-Chim Cheree Shop next door.

This just reminded me that in the Mary Poppins books there is a character named Mrs. Corry and she owns a magical sweet shop. Another example of a wealth of material available if they really wanted to create a Mary Poppins mini-land.

wannabeBelle

No thanks on the alcohol in the tea thing ( Is that a thing?) I like the idea of a tea room/ bake shop though. I still cant figure out why the tea room at the Beach Club didnt take off, unless it was due to not enough people knowing about it? It would seem a natural fit given the tea shop right in the area. Dont know where they would put it now though, given the attraction plans. Marie

nickys

Premium Member
No thanks on the alcohol in the tea thing ( Is that a thing?) I like the idea of a tea room/ bake shop though. I still cant figure out why the tea room at the Beach Club didnt take off, unless it was due to not enough people knowing about it? It would seem a natural fit given the tea shop right in the area. Dont know where they would put it now though, given the attraction plans. Marie

Alcohol in tea? Not a thing!

As for a tea room, a couple of options. They could use maybe one or two of the rooms within the current shop. The earlier two century ones would be quite quaint and in keeping with tea rooms in the Cotswolds, Stratford, Windsor - anywhere with Tudor style tea rooms.

Or I’m not sure what’s behind the Hampton Court Palace facade, except restrooms? Is it completely a facade or is there anything there already that could be used? If not, maybe there ‘s enough room to do something there.

Bocabear

The prices at the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea are criminal... High end $150 pp, Moderate end $50.00
That's just nuts!
The whole UK pavilion to me is such a letdown...a Pub with a restaurant, and a couple tiny shops... It hardly represents what the United Kingdom is all about. Adding a Mary Poppins attraction is a start, but yeah...it REALLY needs a tea room, and like Japan has Mitsukoshi, The UK pavilion needs a mini Harrods... and a good British quick serve that is in addition to the Fish and Chip shoppe with a lovely covered seating area ...Tea, Pasties and meat pies.. Like this...
UK for web.jpg

mikejs78

Premium Member
The prices at the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea are criminal... High end $150 pp, Moderate end $50.00
That's just nuts!
The whole UK pavilion to me is such a letdown...a Pub with a restaurant, and a couple tiny shops... It hardly represents what the United Kingdom is all about. Adding a Mary Poppins attraction is a start, but yeah...it REALLY needs a tea room, and like Japan has Mitsukoshi, The UK pavilion needs a mini Harrods... and a good British quick serve that is in addition to the Fish and Chip shoppe with a lovely covered seating area ...Tea, Pasties and meat pies.. Like this...View attachment 407217
Why is that nuts? There are tea rooms in here in Boston that range from $40-200... Not sure why Grand Floridian is so outrageous in that context.

Bocabear

Why is that nuts? There are tea rooms in here in Boston that range from $40-200... Not sure why Grand Floridian is so outrageous in that context.
No, you are absolutely right, $40.00-$200.00 is very reasonable for a cup of tea and finger sandwiches... It is foolish of me to think otherwise. I was completely wrong...Now, out of my way, I need to get a $69.00 hamburger.

mikejs78

Premium Member
No, you are absolutely right, $40.00-$200.00 is very reasonable for a cup of tea and finger sandwiches... It is foolish of me to think otherwise. I was completely wrong...Now, out of my way, I need to get a $69.00 hamburger.
I'm not saying it's reasonable, just that it's in line with what other places charge for a similar product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom