News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

HauntedMansionFLA

At the UK store
816C646A-79E0-4696-9B39-B4EE21C73998.jpeg

VJ

I think they might actually. Kevin Feige is a big old school EPCOT fan - and he's involved in the story treatment. Also, yhe head imagineer on this project is Joe Rhode, who cares very much about placesetting and thematic integrity. They may make this work.
John Lasseter was a Jungle Cruise skipper. He did so much for the parks that didn't involve his own IP!

Wait.

shortstop

Being a Jungle Cruise skipper is very different than commenting on how great and inspirational Epcot Center was, and really understanding the park. From his comments about Epcot, Feige does sound like he gets it.
If he truly gets it then he wouldn’t want Marvel shoehorned into Epcot. IMO

Rich Brownn

Think it's just tied into the Lin Manuel Miranda movie. But I'm sure the ride will follow if the movies is a big box office hit (enough to make a sequel).
The film made the top 10 movies of the year from the NBR. And advance word on the movie isn't just that its good, its very very good. Like Academy nomination good.

Frankiepopsicles

@marni1971 If Mary Poppins Returns does huge at the box office and maybe even win an award do you think Disney may reconsider it being just a spinner and make it a dark ride.
Could that also be why they didnt announce at Destination Disney.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
@marni1971 If Mary Poppins Returns does huge at the box office and maybe even win an award do you think Disney may reconsider it being just a spinner and make it a dark ride.
Could that also be why they didnt announce at Destination Disney.
It will be a launch coaster. Thats "what people want at Epcot", so Disney should do just that, nothing more and nothing beyond what people could imagine, just give them "good enough".

rle4lunch

My dearest chap, I av no idea wot d finking is be-iynd dis narw. Apples and pears. God save the queen.

Mike78 just beat me to the punch! VanDykes take on a cockney accent is soooo bad. mainly because you can still understand him. lol

I've traveled all over Britain, and it's amazing how much the northerners accent is different than London proper.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Mike78 just beat me to the punch! VanDykes take on a cockney accent is soooo bad. mainly because you can still understand him. lol

I've traveled all over Britain, and it's amazing how much the northerners accent is different than London proper.
Our accents are so localised it’s daft. Even around here there’s easily 6-7 distinct variations of the Manchester accent. All in an area not that much bigger than WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom