News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Mr. Sullivan

It was an indoor spinner with wall projections and a semi-elaborate pre-show whereby guests would enter the Royal Doulton bowl on the mantle as in Mary Poppins Returns. Every vehicle was its own Royal Doulton bowl. Concept art in the post above. You can see the pre-show room on the right in the overhea

Ah I see, thank you!

Elements of it sound cool, no doubt, but I guess I can’t say I’m too gutted they didn’t build it. It’s a very plussed teacup installation, but it’s still kind of just that. It would have been a good kid friendly addition to EPCOT which I suppose was their intentions with it, though. And the surrounding aesthetics could’ve been nice too I imagine. But on a pure ride basis, I guess this isn’t too much of a loss?

James Alucobond

Sort of agree, but I honestly think World Showcase could use a lighter attraction or two if it were built out more appropriately, and in that sense, this isn't the worst idea ever. It just feels slightly anemic when World Showcase has been so woefully underbuilt for decades. In terms of scope, it perhaps feels more suited to something like Canada or Morocco where there's no big IP to pull from anyway. In the United Kingdom pavilion, they could definitely make better use of the space for grander ambitions given the extensive amount of IP that would genuinely fit well there.

Bocabear

I think we are at the point where any attraction would have been a plus...and this looked cute...maybe not the attractio I was hoping for, but a plus that actually fit the pavilion... like Remy. Perhaps after the Coco Boat ride opens in Asia, we will get a cloned version for the Mexico Pavilion... Maybe something for Germany and Japan... that would flesh out the park nicely.

nickys

Premium Member
I think we are at the point where any attraction would have been a plus...and this looked cute...maybe not the attractio I was hoping for, but a plus that actually fit the pavilion... like Remy. Perhaps after the Coco Boat ride opens in Asia, we will get a cloned version for the Mexico Pavilion... Maybe something for Germany and Japan... that would flesh out the park nicely.
Mexico would just be a replacement though. We need new stuff.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The potential is there, but they'd have to pull out all the stops, making it the best version imaginable and including an elaborate Enchanted Tales with Belle-style Meet and Greet as part of the experience. Though, not having Bert and OG Poppins is its biggest detractor, IMO.

In lieu of a good dark ride, I'd probably be in favor of the Musik Xpress/Himalaya type ride system themed as the "Jolly Holiday Carousel," with the attraction starting like a quaint merry-go-round before turning into a zany ride when the sound of Admiral Boom's cannon fire causes the ride to transform, spinning and bouncing in time to music among the ever-changing chalk-drawn backdrops, ultimately going backwards during "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," then slowing to its original speed when the threat of an afternoon rain shower (projected onto the walls) washes away the chalk drawings, and we exit the carousel.

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

Having this enclosed is a plus. The Aladdin spinner killed a large part of the atmosphere in Adventureland, and having a spinner out of casual view in highly themed environments such as World Showcase is the way to go, if this type of experience is considered for a future installation.
This gives a cooler idea for the Aladdin spinner to be indoors with wind breeze effects like in Philharmagic and the ceiling and walls surrounding can project a picturesque atmosphere for the flying carpets and you can have fireworks and stars projected on the ceiling sky!

Gusey

This gives a cooler idea for the Aladdin spinner to be indoors with wind breeze effects like in Philharmagic and the ceiling and walls surrounding can project a picturesque atmosphere for the flying carpets and you can have fireworks and stars projected on the ceiling sky!
You've got to get the balance between adding kinetic energy to the parks and making an environment suitable for the attraction. A common complaint people have had about new lands is the lack of kinetic energy, hence why the 4th Avengers attraction at DCA will be in a glass building so you can see it.

Bocabear

there are currently 5 smaller buildings back there that would have to be moved for a show building, but I am sure it could be done if they wanted to...they could then even exit people through the pavilion...tough I am not sure if that pavilion could handle more of a crowd...they would have to lose all the gift kiosks to open it up more....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom